It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Attack Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have been reading this article, in which i most definitely agree with.
The title of the thread is only to grab your attention, please read the entire article i am ;linking.
It will explain the state Of America today and the MIC control of the American government and it's thirst for war.

If Iran Is attacked , then we all must accept responsibility for it, as we have failed to reign in our governments.

I won't be responding to this thread too much until later today, as I am at work and can't be online all the time.
Please think about the content of the article, It tells many truths , many of which are will be a bit unpalatable to
many of us.

Iran Does Not Deserve To Be attacked.
Read Article Here

While Iran has not attacked any other country in centuries, the United States has not done so well by Iran. Remember (or, like most U.S. citizens, learn for the first time): the United States overthrew Iran's democracy in 1953 and installed a dictator. Then the United States aided Iraq in the 1980s in attacking Iran, providing Iraq with some of the weapons (including chemical weapons) that were used on Iranians and that would be used in 2002-2003 (when they no longer existed) as an excuse for attacking Iraq. For the past decade, the United States has labeled Iran an evil nation, attacked and destroyed the other non-nuclear nation on the list of evil nations, designated part of Iran's military a terrorist organization, falsely accused Iran of crimes including the attacks of 9-11, murdered Iranian scientists, funded opposition groups in Iran (including some the U.S. also designates as terrorist), flown drones over Iran, openly and illegally threatened to attack Iran, and built up military forces all around Iran's borders, while imposing cruel sanctions on the country. The roots of a Washington push for a new war on Iran can be found in the 1992 Defense Planning Guidance, the 1996 paper called A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm, the 2000 Rebuilding America's Defenses, and in a 2001 Pentagon memo described by Wesley Clark as listing these nations for attack: Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Lebanon, Syria, and Iran. In 2010, Tony Blair included Iran on a similar list of countries that he said Dick Cheney had aimed to overthrow. The line among the powerful in Washington in 2003 was that Iraq would be a cakewalk but that real men go to Tehran. The arguments in these old forgotten memos were not what the war makers tell the public, but much closer to what they tell each other. The concerns here are those of dominating regions rich in resources, intimidating others, and establishing bases from which to maintain control of puppet governments.

edit on 6-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Perhaps we need a nuclear war to thin out in the world population..
to many mouths to feed...
nuke and ask questions later

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

I hope you are joking, otherwise you're advocating the end of the human civilization.
Nuclear war is not an option, as there is no such thing as a limited nuclear war.

Once an ICBM is launched all other ICBM'S will be launched in waves until they are all
detonated, by this time there will be few living creatures left on planet Earth.

So tell me you are not seriously suggesting nuclear war

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think the next war should be paid for with the bush tax cuts!!!!

number one reason why we shouldn't start another war!! our economy is crap!!!
sorry don't have time at the moment to read the article, have to run to work, earn my money, so I can give it to the gov't, so they can pay for those other wars!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

You do realize that the fallout from nuclear war will make the Earth uninhabitable for a very long time, right? I mean, it depends on how much radiation we pump into the atmosphere, but if we truly have all-out nuclear war, don't expect the Earth to be a very fun place for the few that are left.

Even those with bunkers only have food and water reserves that will last them for so long. We do not have the right to damn the Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by Vandalour

You do realize that the fallout from nuclear war will make the Earth uninhabitable for a very long time, right? I mean, it depends on how much radiation we pump into the atmosphere, but if we truly have all-out nuclear war, don't expect the Earth to be a very fun place for the few that are left.

Even those with bunkers only have food and water reserves that will last them for so long. We do not have the right to damn the Earth.

even bunkers are useless if a detonation take place near by, you will be cooked.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Nuclear war is not an option.
The first strike Bush doctrine reserving the right to strike premptively with nuclear arms is suicide for humanity.
This tortured and twisted reasoning that only mlitary brainwashees consider normal is supposed to be checked by a vigorous congress whose control over the military has been abridged consistntly by the last few presidents.
In fact the foxes have been promted to managing the whole freakin chickenhouse, and the chickens are gonna suffer.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Stupid logic. Iran is right on the edge. If they step over the line (Such as blocking the Strait of Hormuz or nuking any of their enemies) they become fair game but not for a nuclear attack. A nuclear attack should only be used if Iran ever use them first. No exceptions. A worldwide nuclear war to solely reduce population, that is ludicrous!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Your buying in to the propaganda, that's exactly
what they want you to believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
nm
edit on 6-1-2012 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The reason Iran has not attacked anyone is that they have been, and in my opinion still are simply pawns of the Greater Powers.. and as such are no more than mere puppets regardless of which nations currently hold or are fighting over the global balance of power.

For the last few centuries Iran seems to consistently be one of the places where the Greater powers vye for control of the region and especially control over global trade routes.

On this score I feel deeply for the Iranian people caught in the middle as I believe yet again this will lead to a bumping of heads at some point in the near future that will only cause them harm.

Given my position I certainly don't feel it logical to compare the actions of a puppet state with the actions of a Greater power as it will always demonstrate an inequality that can never be bridged.

It would be nice to think that one of the Greater powers could be altruistic in their intentions, and that a bumping of heads could be averted.. but to be honest I believe they are all the same and are simply out for their own interests irrespective of what the average person wants or demands.

I see it as impossibly difficult to prevent this bumping of heads between the Greater powers as it seems to me we have yet (in all these millennia) managed to forge a way to prevent greed, power seeking and corruption over taking our system of governance, all of which leads to the bumping of heads.

So I can not see how blame can be apportioned to the people, as even when they fight for or vote for change, they get a new lot that ends up being the same as the old lot...
edit on 6/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: clarity

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why Not Attack Iran?

Fixed your link, in future use the link option when posting links to ensure they work correctly.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Personally I am in total opposition to a Military action against Iran, presently.

I have a Kurdish refugee as a friend, his Mother and Sister are still living in Northern Iran, and are unable to leave, his Father was murdered by the Iranian Government.

This man has a very unique outlook on the whole Iraq / Iran / Turkey issue that comes from his personal experience.

A couple of days ago he and I had a long chat about this very subject. I have not changed my stand on non intervention, but this conversation put a very personal faces on the issue.

The Kurds and the PKK are staunch allies of the UK / US military and are in need of assistance to free Kurdistan.

My heart goes out to them and their plight. I wish that my friend’s Mother and Sister knew freedom.

What I could not get across to my friend is that the UK / US will NOT usher in a new Freedom for his countrymen, even if we attack Iran.
The UK / US have no plans for a free Kurdish homeland and that the PKK are going to be used as cannon fodder and a obstacle for Turkey.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Didn't realise it was broken.

Thanks
now sorted

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
wrong response

my fault.
edit on 6/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Deleted by user

edit on 6/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

There is wonderful employment oppurtunity for you with endless travel time, all expenses paid, with all the perks..you know, your own car, depending on your loyalty lower taxes to be paid back etc... and this job opening is a one time deal, so please fill in the application form and forward it to the central intelligence agency....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
1) you may not succeed in destroying their nuclear capability
2) you struck the first blow (doctrine of pre-emption)
3) closing the Straits of Hormuz could spike crude oil to $250/bbl.
a) $7 gas would result and throw the world into a depression
b) this could be the first real salvo of WW III.

Attack Iran? I ask Why?

new topics

top topics

join