It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

snap crackle sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
this just may be,but has anyone of you ats members ever get like an electrical charge quick snap just before rem sleep..it feels like a jolt...i get it once in a while and spontaneous combustian comes in mind...what gives?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

All the time. But when Om dreaming, I'm usually wrecking on my skateboard.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You mean like the "falling sensation" ? Where you wake up kicking?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

no,that comes afterwards
i mean a major electrical snap,not like a jolt or twitch...i mean in the inner brain fire cracker

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
reply to post by Hellas

no,that comes afterwards
i mean a major electrical snap,not like a jolt or twitch...i mean in the inner brain fire cracker

Oh ok then No! Sounds weird though..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

this just may be,but has anyone of you ats members ever get like an electrical charge quick snap just before rem sleep..it feels like a jolt...i get it once in a while and spontaneous combustian comes in mind...what gives?

yes.. I get those.. and they are strange.

Like a shot of electricity that just zaps you.

I've talked to others who get it as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I get this quite often when i'm extremely tired (i'm actually tired out 24/7 due to chronic fatigue) although when i feel like i'm about to collapse i do get this feeling.. haven't thought about it until now.

What do you think it is?

link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

yes.. I get those.. and they are strange.

Like a shot of electricity that just zaps you.

I've talked to others who get it as well.

And you feel like your brain gets zapped???

link   

Quite funny you say that because the same happened to me. I know what you are talking about. This kind of energy which seems to be coming from the top of your brain all over your body. I have experienced it not so long ago.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

i really don't know,could be an overcharge of electrolites ....i guess the human body does store energy,so says tesla

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It's (most probably) a form of Myoclonus (more info) known as "Hypnic Jerk".

Definition: A hypnic jerk is an involuntary muscle contraction, sometimes called a myoclonic twitch, that occurs during the lightest stage of sleep. This stage 1 sleep occurs as you begin to fall asleep. There may be a sensation of falling followed by a physical jerk back to wakefulness.
Source

A hypnic jerk, also known as a massive hypnagogic jerk, myoclonic jerk or sleep start, is a completely normal experience often described as a falling sensation or electric shock that occurs as we are falling asleep. While there is little research on the subject, there are theories on the various possible hypnic jerk causes.
Source

The most common causes for this are sleep anxiety or fatigue. Nothing to worry about. Just get some more sleep or get rid of your stress. If it becomes a more common occurrence you may want to consult your doctor.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
It's (most probably) a form of Myoclonus (more info) known as "Hypnic Jerk".

Definition: A hypnic jerk is an involuntary muscle contraction, sometimes called a myoclonic twitch, that occurs during the lightest stage of sleep. This stage 1 sleep occurs as you begin to fall asleep. There may be a sensation of falling followed by a physical jerk back to wakefulness.
Source

A hypnic jerk, also known as a massive hypnagogic jerk, myoclonic jerk or sleep start, is a completely normal experience often described as a falling sensation or electric shock that occurs as we are falling asleep. While there is little research on the subject, there are theories on the various possible hypnic jerk causes.
Source

The most common causes for this are sleep anxiety or fatigue. Nothing to worry about. Just get some more sleep or get rid of your stress. If it becomes a more common occurrence you may want to consult your doctor.

The thing you are describing, I know what it is. Sudden contraction of different body parts and electric impulse which results in automatic muscle contraction.

Although, what I think, the OP was trying to say that happened to him was not exactly this. I think he was referring to a sudden feeling of burst of energy. It all starts from the top of the head and goes through all the body. It can make muscle contraction but it is not necessarily cause to it.

It feels like something, an entity or something you do not know suddenly send you a big wave of energy, for a reason only known by the individual. To understand it, one must be a bit in a spiritual quest to understand what this comforting energy feeling (excluding Hypnagogic Jerk) truly is.

With that being said, maybe the OP has something different from what I just described, but to be honest I feel like it is exactly what I just said, because first of all his thread was started around 3:10 AM, which is around the same time I had this feeling he describes, so I feel a certain understanding about it.

P.S. : I hope all of you might experience this one time in his/her life because at first it seems out of control, but once you get used to it, you feel how great and lovely this wave can be to you. I speak it from my own experience. Nothing to prove here, only sharing an experience other people might not understand fully.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Don't want to shoot down your opinion but...

an electrical charge quick snap just before rem sleep..it feels like a jolt

From my post:

...often described as...electric shock that occurs as we are falling asleep...

Remember what Occam's razor taught us.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

no,that comes afterwards

I've noticed it happens to me on the right side of my head, sort of in-line with the top of my jaw, although more to the back of my head. I'd suppose it would be "inner brain"

Does it happen to you in the exact same place (more or less) every time?

Might ask my doctor about this out of curiosity next time i see her lol.

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

P.S. : I hope all of you might experience this one time in his/her life because at first it seems out of control, but once you get used to it, you feel how great and lovely this wave can be to you. I speak it from my own experience. Nothing to prove here, only sharing an experience other people might not understand fully.

Thruthseek3r

I can't be sure if you're describing the exact same feeling, because to me whenever this happens it feels pretty disorientating, enough to close my eyes and shake my head. Although i seem to end up going to sleep almost instantly (30seconds to crawl into bed) when it occurs.
edit on 6/1/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Don't want to shoot down your opinion but...

an electrical charge quick snap just before rem sleep..it feels like a jolt

From my post:

...often described as...electric shock that occurs as we are falling asleep...

Remember what Occam's razor taught us.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

The real thing here is, as I said in my earlier post, what you describe as a jolt and what is a sudden pulse of energy coming straight from an unknown source are two different things.

Maybe the OP says what you describe as the jolt but I felt otherwise. Concerning taking the opinion with the less "proofs" if there is any here on this website regarding this particular topic does not make my argument less considerable.

My question is and will be again, are you a spiritually open person? If not it is why you might not understand what I am describing here (although one must feel it , it is almost impossible to describe how great that is).
If you do you surely get my point.

I do not intend having the absolute truth as said earlier but I have a great feeling I know what the OP is talking about having felt it many times in my life.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

join