It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit ambulance breaks down in the middle of New Year's gunfire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Source

I found the video also on Youtube here:

Apparently residents of the Motor City celebrated the coming of the New Year by unloading live rounds into the air. I wonder if this is now a holiday tradition. Anyway, do you suppose they know that ‘what goes up must come down’? As your family was probably lighting bottle rockets or watching neighbors set off some beautiful green and red fireworks, the people in Detroit were watching with amazement as bullets shot into the night sky (of course they could not see them).

I mean, what country is this city even located in? To my knowledge they only do stuff like this in the third world countries like Nigeria. There is no way you could even pay me enough to do the job of emergency responder in the city of Detroit, hell you could not even pay me to live in the city of Detroit! And they wonder why the Michigan governor wants to forcefully intervene in their city affairs.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It happens in every city I have lived in, it is pretty much a tradition, but Detroit lol that is the worst city. I hear gunfire on New Years and the 4th, but not like that.

U

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

An eye opener about Detroit is the 2010 TV Documentary Requiem for Detroit.
Worth a watch, and a surprise ending: ....

"This is one of the great ironies of Detroit. It's now more than 80% African American and a lot of those people came from the rural south," Temple said. "And now, 80 years later they are beginning to look at the empty land in Detroit and realize that it makes a lot of sense to farm it."

...making their own dream

peace

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, this is coming from the Detroit area. And its an everynight occurence. Pretty normal here in the "D". Ive gotten used to ducking. And forget calling an ambulance. Most are broken down. Look that up online. Depressing.

And yesterday they announced the Police Stations are closing btwn 4pm and 8am everyday. Wonderful....Im ducking as we speak,

PS Im relocating soon,,,,very soon.

new topics

join