It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are born to cheat, But women are behind by only 2%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I remember years ago having a conversation about relationships and why our granparents seemed to have a stronger bond (statistically) than our parents and ourselves. I thought at the time that perhaps sex, being for the most part was a bit of a mystery to alot of that generation until they were married, was the binding force (and it is one of the binding forces) in their relationship as it came later than it did for our parents and us. It turns out that I was right.

Apprently though men are inclined to stray and this is actually easy to understand in regard to our race as when a woman is pregnant she can't reproduce for 9 months but a man has no such restriction
Now don't get all excited fellas. I asked my better half that in light of this evidence would she hate me if I did what I was wired to do, you know the green light of having science on my side? She said no but I'd be so worn out that I'd have to sleep and then her female wiring might kick in and I might lose my most treasured possessions. I strait away had an image of waking and finding my AU falcon forte sports sold out of the driveway and that the beer fridge had been taken over by health foods.. Then I realised what she meant
Just jokes.

However women stray almost as much as men so that, with a bit of luck, will put an end to the mere male thing that women all over the world have developed that same condescending look for

au.tv.yahoo.com...

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Personally, I think women are worse. By the mere fact that they take advantage of the "veil of innocence" they are able to wield.

I know a number that are a lot worse than my guy friends, and a number of my guy friends are so dumb they believe everything a woman says. The girls on the other hand, they are so good at catching their significant others BS, because they've mastered it themselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think cheating is a decision that is made, but i dont really think it can be helped, i think its biochemical, for instance, if you put a man and woman in the same room for a month, and the woman was producing massive amounts of pheromones, then the man would feel an extreme need and desire to have sex with that woman, even if he does have a social commitment (a relationship) with his girlfriend/wife ect.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Personally, I think women are worse. By the mere fact that they take advantage of the "veil of innocence" they are able to wield.

I know a number that are a lot worse than my guy friends, and a number of my guy friends are so dumb they believe everything a woman says. The girls on the other hand, they are so good at catching their significant others BS, because they've mastered it themselves.

Yep a man cheats because he's an areshole. A women cheats because he's an arsehole

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Dear steveknows,

Nobody is born to cheat, it is a decision, a choice. We can control our urges and many do. We fill the world with justifications for our selfishness, opportunistic actions and immorality. I am in my 50s and never cheated on my wife, it is not a requirement and can be avoided, it is a decision. People like to have numerous partners, to cheat, that does not mean they are wired for it, it means that they are capable of great selfishness. My wife cheated on me and left me for another man, her sister then cheated on her husband and left him for another man. My wife tried to stop her sister from cheating on her husband, she was told by her sister that she wanted to be just like her. Be careful what you promote, it might be used against you. Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear steveknows,

Nobody is born to cheat, it is a decision, a choice. We can control our urges and many do. We fill the world with justifications for our selfishness, opportunistic actions and immorality. I am in my 50s and never cheated on my wife, it is not a requirement and can be avoided, it is a decision. People like to have numerous partners, to cheat, that does not mean they are wired for it, it means that they are capable of great selfishness. My wife cheated on me and left me for another man, her sister then cheated on her husband and left him for another man. My wife tried to stop her sister from cheating on her husband, she was told by her sister that she wanted to be just like her. Be careful what you promote, it might be used against you. Peace.

Dear most judgmental ignorant person,

Please point out where I am promoting anything, Also while your at it could you please not project your insecurities on to me. I would never cheat on my partner and no body I know well would cheat on theirs. Just because it obviously runs through your family or circle of friends doesn't mean that you have the right to ignore the context of the OP and claim that I am promoting it for the purpose of justifying it which is what you have just done. Mind you the fact that you obviously don't have a sense of humour might go a long way in explaining alot in regards to your trials and tribulations.

I can't stand fools who add negativity to a thread and then say PEACE at the end of their post.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Dear steveknows,

Apprently though men are inclined to stray and this is actually easy to understand in regard to our race as when a woman is pregnant she can't reproduce for 9 months but a man has no such restriction Now don't get all excited fellas. I asked my better half that in light of this evidence would she hate me if I did what I was wired to do, you know the green light of having science on my side? She said no but I'd be so worn out that I'd have to sleep and then her female wiring might kick in and I might lose my most treasured possessions. I strait away had an image of waking and finding my AU falcon forte sports sold out of the driveway and that the beer fridge had been taken over by health foods.. Then I realised what she meant Just jokes.

Sorry. I responded to your words, I gave up mind reading a long time ago as I wasn't that good at it. Apparently you are. Your title was that men are born to cheat, you followed it up by discussing how men are inclined to cheat and that women are almost as likely to. You mentioned how this is science. I responded. Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Im not promoting it....

im not saying its social right.....

as far as men go i always presumed there was some drive in there to have multiple partners for breeding/alpha male type purposes,

like most animals out there.. (i know if you believe we're creted and not animals your views may be diffrent)

now with society allowing (im not dissing it) for alpha female roles in the work place there no reason the same feeling wouldnt exsist, maybe its more than that, maybe there is still a drive for the most fertile viable father for children that drives women too...

Essentially both caught in a chemical drive for continuation of the species... however we dont use sex for that so instead its just fun...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Our grandparents and great grandparents didn't have a big issue with cheating because it basically never happened. Back then the wife stayed home and cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids while the man worked came home and repeat repeat, they didn't have the internet back then or facebook or myspace and these dating sites to meet all these people.

That's the whole thing I can just put in somebodys name I went to school with and find them, back then yeah right good luck.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear steveknows,

Apprently though men are inclined to stray and this is actually easy to understand in regard to our race as when a woman is pregnant she can't reproduce for 9 months but a man has no such restriction Now don't get all excited fellas. I asked my better half that in light of this evidence would she hate me if I did what I was wired to do, you know the green light of having science on my side? She said no but I'd be so worn out that I'd have to sleep and then her female wiring might kick in and I might lose my most treasured possessions. I strait away had an image of waking and finding my AU falcon forte sports sold out of the driveway and that the beer fridge had been taken over by health foods.. Then I realised what she meant Just jokes.

Sorry. I responded to your words, I gave up mind reading a long time ago as I wasn't that good at it. Apparently you are. Your title was that men are born to cheat, you followed it up by discussing how men are inclined to cheat and that women are almost as likely to. You mentioned how this is science. I responded. Have a good day.

Yes that's called humour. Do you have a mental problem or are you just a troll? Be gone with you. Nothing consructive coming from your end.
edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Our grandparents and great grandparents didn't have a big issue with cheating because it basically never happened. Back then the wife stayed home and cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids while the man worked came home and repeat repeat, they didn't have the internet back then or facebook or myspace and these dating sites to meet all these people.

That's the whole thing I can just put in somebodys name I went to school with and find them, back then yeah right good luck.

True. I think that the modern traps don't give people within a family unit the need to talk much anymore about what inner trouble there may be and there's avenues of escape where the grass looks greener.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Im not promoting it....

im not saying its social right.....

as far as men go i always presumed there was some drive in there to have multiple partners for breeding/alpha male type purposes,

like most animals out there.. (i know if you believe we're creted and not animals your views may be diffrent)

now with society allowing (im not dissing it) for alpha female roles in the work place there no reason the same feeling wouldnt exsist, maybe its more than that, maybe there is still a drive for the most fertile viable father for children that drives women too...

Essentially both caught in a chemical drive for continuation of the species... however we dont use sex for that so instead its just fun...

Well there is actually something in the term 7 year itch. See in a hunter gatherer situation a child really needs the support of both parents until about the age of seven. Then that child has learned enough to survive and rely on just one parent. The family unit as we understand it today has really only come about as a result of the development of farming and cattle domestication around 10,000 years ago where the concept of property land onwership had developed and the ownership was to be passed on to the offspring as well as the offspring needed to work the land,

That doesn't justify affiairs and such today but there is definately a biological aspect to it. For innstance I read in a book on man the animal a long time ago a female is most likey to stray while ovulating. It doesn't mean she will but if she was going to it would most likely be at that time. Also A person like Bill gates could have just about any women he wanted today because of what he could bring into a relationshhip based on modern life but if the world fell apart tomorrow the solid football kind of guy who might have no problem chasing down a wilderbeast would suddenly becomes the choice catch.

new topics

top topics

join