It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum Rages Against Individualism, Freedom and Liberty on Air

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Good lord.

Santorum comes right out on national radio and admits he is against individualism, freedom, and leaving people alone in their bedrooms. I kid you not.

“One of the criticisms I make is to what I refer to as more of a Libertarianish right.

They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues.

That is not how traditional conservatives view the world. There is no such society that I’m aware of, where we’ve had radical individualism and that it succeeds as a culture.”

- Rick Santorum

That’s funny Rick. I could have sworn I grew up in a country that was founded on those principles.

edit on 5-1-2012 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I believe I saw this posted earlier. But still, I'll never pass up an opportunity to bash Rick Santorum.

This man could possibly be our president. Just take a minute and absorb that, think about what this country would be like with him as president. We would go to war if another country so much as flicked a booger at us. This crackpot said he would literally bomb Iran, making him insane in my book.

He also took his dead child home for his family to mourn around for hours, but I guess we'll keep his creepy personal life stories/rituals out of politics.

I've never once heard him address the Fed or even our monetary policy. I also haven't heard him address this once, but I know for a FACT that this clown is totally pro-Drug war. Everything about him just repulses me. Even his face, I get pissed off just looking at him lol

He was also voted among the top 3 most corrupt politicans: Check it out
edit on 6-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sounds like his nephew hit the nail on the head.

The trouble with my uncle Rick

My uncle’s interventionist policies, both domestic and foreign, stem from his irrational fear of freedom not working.

It is not the government’s job to dictate to individuals how they must live. The Constitution was designed to protect individual liberty. My Uncle Rick cannot fathom a society in which people cooperate and work with each other freely.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

edit on 6-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Rick Santorum is nothing more than a puppet. I was wathcing an interview on Fox (i think) and the way he talks and the things he wants to do just screams puppet

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Now I don't think I have a place in commenting about American politics as I am not a U.S. citizen. I will however simply observe that the U.S. has long been admired for these qualities (individualism, freedom, liberty, etc.) and that a conformist, highly taxed, society is what many of us SURELY strive for (cough cough)

Seems like this guy has his head stuck up his *** and is grasping at straws.

On to the conforming people. Big gov't knows whats best.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dear mnemeth1,

Doesn't it feel as if we are slipping into fascism? Gingrich said that if he were president and the judges didn't go along with him that he would have them arrested. The biggest threat to democracy is when average people begin voting these soulless demons into the presidency knowing that they want to take away more of our rights and eliminate our freedoms. Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
S & F - Rick Santorum is literally excrement. Just google his name.

If this doesn't show you that our political processes are entirely corrupt, I don't know what will. How can a guy that has such a polar opposite view to everyone I know (and I mean that literally) go from zero to hero in a few days? It's called manipulation.

I'll leave you with this video that humorously hit the nail on the head (sorry I couldn't resist):

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
Now I don't think I have a place in commenting about American politics as I am not a U.S. citizen. I will however simply observe that the U.S. has long been admired for these qualities (individualism, freedom, liberty, etc.) and that a conformist, highly taxed, society is what many of us SURELY strive for (cough cough)

Seems like this guy has his head stuck up his *** and is grasping at straws.

On to the conforming people. Big gov't knows whats best.

Honestly, I think you very much DO have a place in commenting, since the recent USGOV administrations have felt more than oblidged to tell other governments and people what they should do.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

It definitely feels like fascism is quickly encroaching on the Western World.

The problem is even if people legitimately vote for a grassroots leader, the MSM and corporate media will do everything in their power to steer public opinion as we have been witnessing with your Republican race.

Heck there was even a thread that talked about vote rigging not to long ago. I'll have to go find it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Dear Goldcurrent,

The problem is even if people legitimately vote for a grassroots leader, the MSM and corporate media will do everything in their power to steer public opinion as we have been witnessing with your Republican race.

I preach peace in times like this because history shows that totalitarians are usually popular when they come into office calling for repression. As for the Republicans, there are no longer any Republicans or Democrats, they all sold out, they report to those who pay them the most. I think the idiocy spoken by the candidates is merely a test balloon to see if we are ready to vote for a fascist. My opinion, they cannot all be as dumb as they come off, they do have whole Public Relations teams behind them, yet, they threaten our basic rights while running for office. Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here's a video that I just found which compiles a bunch of stupid Rick Santorum quotes. Some aren't too bad I guess, but most of them make me want to slap him in the face:
My personal favorites:

"Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?"

"The idea that the Crusades and the fight of Christendom against Islam is somehow an aggression on our part is absolutely anti-historical"

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I wish I could punch him in his ugly face.

"Traditional Conservatives?" .. I'm sorry, we ARE the "traditional" Conservatives, you know, from way back to when the country was founded? Asshat. His form of "Conservative" is "Neoconservative" for the most part, but a good portion is simply bible thumping dip#'s who unfortunately are allowed to pass a ballot.

He can have the evangelicals, who gladly give up freedom and sovereignty so long as the Government stomps on gay rights and praises jesus. They do nothing but give the Right it's bad name and the illusion of ingrained stupidity.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What do you expect from a creature that was on the "Most Corrupt in Congress" list two years running?

Rick Santorum is a Piece of Crap

How the hell are we going to restore sanity to this country if we continue to allow someone like this dirtbag to even be considered as POTUS?? One look at his record and one would think people would kick him to the curb. Amazingly he's either getting votes, buying them or having them bought for him.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So is he worse or better than that guy we have in the White House now?
For the record ... I think he's the Republican anti-Romney flavor of the week. He won't be POTUS.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Dude, that's the sheer insanity of American politics. The anti-establishments get slandered non-stop if they so much as breathe in the wrong direction, but the corrupt, pro-status quo fool like Santorum get very little negative coverage.

Nevermind that he was found to be one of the most corrupt members of Congress, that doesn't deserve any media coverage, Ron Paul had some racist newsletters written under his name! He's also unelectable, says the TV.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The guy is obviously an idiot
and a dangerous one at that. If he gets in you can say goodbye to freedom for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As a former constituant of Rick's let me just say I am surprised at how Santorum has exploded all over the country. The furious rush to get out Santorum, and his message, makes it clear the republican show is a three-dog race. I forget where I saw it, but basically something I read said Romney is getting the NE Republicans, Santorum the religious conservatives and Paul the small gov cons. I would watch for Santorum to continue to make a splash all over the south. Good lord, I hope someone brought some towels!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

That's about right.. the Neocons however are the largest percentage of the Party, so Romney is destined to get the nod.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by bozzchem

Dude, that's the sheer insanity of American politics. The anti-establishments get slandered non-stop if they so much as breathe in the wrong direction, but the corrupt, pro-status quo fool like Santorum get very little negative coverage.

Nevermind that he was found to be one of the most corrupt members of Congress, that doesn't deserve any media coverage, Ron Paul had some racist newsletters written under his name! He's also unelectable, says the TV.

^Quoted for truth!

This canker sore covered ball bag is trotted out like a NORMAL candidate but RP is the nut? WTF is wrong with the folks who accept that excrement from MSM?

Why is it that the primaries, otherwised known as "fixing the election so that those who will play ball are the nominee", are all spread out? Why is it that some 30k bible thumpers vote for this used butt plug and somehow he a front runner? When did 30k folks in Iowa decide for the land who is and isn't in play? I personally would be complimented if those 30k folks didn't vote for me and for Rick!

Back to the thread though, Rick is the lowest of the low and he'll be gone this weekend. I would LOVE to debate him, just me and him and the world watching. He'd pitch that surprised moon face of his so much folks would think it was a still shot of him!

Derek

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Doesn't it feel as if we are slipping into fascism?

If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.
Look what happened in the 1930's. Massive economic collapse from 1929 led to a rise in far right policies and radical nationalism.
This then led to WW2 a decade later.

The US has seen a lot of changes in the last ten years, with the Patriot act, indefinite detention and extrajudicial killings. The BNP of the UK (far right party) gained a seat in Europe. Marine Le Pen is running for president in France in 2012 - she is the head of the French far right party.
The ruling Fidesz party in Hungary has passed a new constitution leading to massive protests and a weakened economy. The right-leaning party has brought in controls over the central bank, the court system and media, and the people there see it as a step toward dictatorship.

Unfortunately, the masses are ignorant, and can be played like a fiddle when it comes to nationalism. All it takes is a few well-placed false flags and some fear-mongering and the people start to vote for the right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join