It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiseptics- whats your choice?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Mercurochome would be a good one. I would probably use colloidal silver and olive leaf extract. For an internal antibiotic I would use Samento (a derivative of cat's claw, very potent).

Honey and cinnamon together are also very good for putting on wounds. Honey is a natural antibacterial and the cinnamon adds extra kick.

Let us not forget the old stand-bys, hydrogen peroxide and isopropyl alcohol.

peroxide actually does more harm than good since it destroys the flesh it comes in contact with, along with the bacteria. iodine or betadine would be a good choice.

Manuka honey though, does not use peroxide as its antibacterial agent.
The bees visit the Manuka Flower and that flower gives the honey special antibacterial properties, that are amazing. Such that it is being used as an anti-biotic for strains of bacteria that have mutated and are unaffected by other drugs such as penicillin.

Its on the list as a common antiseptic

Before antibiotics were invented, it was not uncommon for medical professionals to use honey on a wound to prevent infection and to quicken the healing process. Recent studies are now showing that a special type of honey called Manuka Honey is extremely effective in treating cuts, wounds, burns, insect bites, various skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and other forms of dermatitis. Fungal infections are also being treated with Manuka Honey, including ringworm, athlete's foot, jock itch and nail fungus. Clinical trials have proven that the medical use of Manuka Honey is an effective way to clear even the most heavily infected wounds quickly, without the negative side effects and potential for overuse of antibiotics. It is so effective that it is even being successfully used to treat Staph infections by destroying MRSA.

Staph infections. Otherwise treated with penicillin. Or Strep infections, Strep throat as an example. Which left untreated by antibiotics leads to scarlett fever, one of the leading causes of death, prior to anti-biotics.
Today it is heart disease, cancer etc, but then it was also Scarlett Fever.
But you can treat the infection with Manuka Honey, and avoid scarlett fever. That is perhaps its most important use when TSHTF.
And why it might HTF, is perhaps MRSA

edit on 5-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well as you might expect, I just bought 100 dollars worth of Manuka honey, and today I find out that South American ULMO 90 honey is even more effective.

link

They are doing this on purpose.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

many previous suggestions are good ones, so to not repeat the obvious, i call your attention (as have others) to Tea Tree Oil - while it's still available. (limited source and all)

i too am an old-time fan of mercurochrome, however, when it became less available, we often kept a bottle of Vitamin E oil and colloidal silver handy.
recently, a friend suggested the TTO and i was less than convinced but stumbled across a bottle while shopping and decided to give it a try (

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A replinishable source that i once heard of was egg whites, cause they dont have any iron in them bacteria cant get through. I would imagine salt to be painfull but effective like curing meat. just throwing out alternatives.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I swear by tree tree oil it's fantastic, I'd like to tell a story of my husband who had a small brown wart growing on his upper eyelid, he put tea tree on it for 2 consecqutive days and as if by magic it disappeared as if by magic, he picked up the tip off the internet somewhere, so how cool is that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join