It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Explains TheTruth About 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
NASA's David Morrison, expert on Earth impact hazards and currently the Senior Scientist at the NASA Lunar Science Institute, speaks on what are the risks to Earth in 2012. He addresses misconceptions related to the year 2012, Earth crossing objects, planetary alignment, and related myths like Nibiru.

www.nasa.gov...

Do you really need more reasons to accept nothings going to happen then hearing it from NASA?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Do you really need more reasons to accept nothings going to happen then hearing it from NASA?

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. If not, do you actually read the posts on ATS? NASA isn't exactly respected for their honesty by all the members.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
something reeks about him talking about all these 'alternative topics' and the fact that there is a published video where a highly accredited spokes person is saying "everything is ok".

as a member of a conspiracy site................. just had to say.

edit on 1/5/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

What? Oh yeah if NASA says so it MUST be true. I don't even buy into many NASA conspiracies and this is still meaningless to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

This has been posted a number of times on here already. Be prepared for a multitude of posts where people claim that NASA lies about everything. Of course when pressed for examples they can't actually give you one.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
"nasa" explains the truth........

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Well it depends who you think im talking to, the uneducated ats members or everyone else. Maybe it just takes time for them to realize that if you put the most knowledgeable people as the bad guys then the only ones left who can inform you are the ones with less expertise.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by Epirus

Well it depends who you think im talking to, the uneducated ats members or everyone else. Maybe it just takes time for them to realize that if you put the most knowledgeable people as the bad guys then the only ones left who can inform you are the ones with less expertise.

I wasn't picking a side, Just point out a fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I agree with NASA that it is incredibly unlikely that Nirubu or something like that exists, but that doesn't mean things are going to get interesting this year, at least in mundane ways, possibly in more interesting ones too.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Mkoll because: fixed a double negative

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Why is it meaningless? From all the sources telling you something's going to happen have you ever checked their expertise? These people aren't astronomers, they're people who are getting their own information from people just as uninformed as them. Next time you're watching a video or reading a blurb pointing out apparent facts, why don't you question what qualifications they have to make those rumors?

The fact that you don't shows you're gullible enough to accept the claims of people who aren't professionals but for some reason discount the claims of those who are. How absurd is that.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I most definately agree and i feel like he just trying to ease the gestating fears of the public and the masses veiws on 2012
edit on 6-1-2012 by nonconformist because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The whole Nibiru thing is BS.

If it were true, WE'D SEE IT BY NOW. think logically for a minute.

People are trying to make money off this crap, and gain notoriety, nothing more

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
hahaha, using NASA as a reliable source on ats is beyond hilarious

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As X has noted this video is old,

www.youtube.com...

I don't see the point, except that it is outdated.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

my bad, thing is NASA's youtube channel just uploaded it so i assumed its something new. I guess they're just trying to get the message out there again since 2012 has arrived and people are still believing it all.

However since the NASA are the apparent bad guys on this forum that i of course know, i just assumed there would be some who knew better i could at least have a nice discussion with why they still believed in 2012 after NASA explains otherise. it would seem i need to make another thread asking why NASA is discounted so much.

Will get round to that sooner or later....

in the mean time i hope someone has the patients to explain to me why this is so. For example, who do you guys get your scientific sources from telling you planet x is real?
edit on 7-1-2012 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I believe NASA anyday over any couch scientist that believes in planet X.... Im surprised how many people believe in that stuff, I'd expect it from a little kid but not a grown person..... Ridonkulous

new topics

top topics

join