It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we survive without the concept of time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Concepts are no more than words. Can we survive without words? Yes, we can! Babies survive without words, without the idea of time. Young children have to be taught about time, it is a human thing. Animals don't lay in bed waiting for their alram clocks to go off before they get up, they get up when the get up. It is only humans who are controlled by 'time'.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I disagree. Animals also rely on time but in different ways. For example, most carnivores need to hunt for their prey in the daytime because they lack visibility at night. Animals that travel need to do so at sunrise so that they can be finished at night time when their bodies become weary. It's easy to say that animals simply "eat when hungry and sleep when tired" but this overlooks the fact that they rely on sunlight for most of their activities. Therefore, the position of the sun in the sky (which is a concept of time) dictates when they perform certain activities.

edit on 14/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The title of this thread is: Can we survive without the 'concept' of time?
Time is a concept.
Do you know what a concept is?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

oh so u mean only u know what concept is? do u know that ur pc or even whatever thing around u is more a concept then u?
a concept is free conception, what is fully conditionned is more then free concept possibility, when only truth exist then any is exclusively free concept
that is why animals awareness look so real living somtimes more then humans conscious look true

bc ur conscious u prove how u lie about it from ur will and others conscious wills, while ur conscious fact is the only reference to ur possible freedom field reference, when u choose freely to stay constant according to objective wills u r giving up or down ur freedom so u cant b a concept then u cant know what concept is

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

what do you mean the sun rises and sets every day, how are you going to break that?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

If the earth stopped rotating would time stop?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

no, but why is the earth going to stop rotating?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

bc he is beyond earth a living concept forever setting all times according to his conceptive wills

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

objective existence matters as we see it is evil life bc exclusively from truth knowledge abuse

truth knowledge is about present truth freedom of all reality and truth concept superiority freedom which is by definition never real

present freedom is superior from present truth value
freedom concept is superior from freedom truth value

creations basically reverse those equations so existence could be totally objective space to use constant for absolute use

then present freedom is denied existing replaced by positive will that nature condition, as if ur move or a thing move is to get smthg and not bc it is free, so the sense of life is all fake, everything and everyone seem to be freely happy only in eating or spending positive abstractions

but also freedom concept is denied being an absolute superior right, replaced by power will that god condition, as if u necessarily mean to end living by forcing others to ur will realisations, that is how even in scripture with that lovely loving humanity jesus, his principal end was pointed being a chair by him

so time that we experience in witnessing is out of nature positive life in god powers will conditionning it for

what is positive is by definition not truly present, it is a matter subjective perspective, never objective

what is powerful is by definition not truly free, it is a subject one stand above matters, never subjective

I am not sure what you are trying to convey here. You may have a valid point but since I cannot understand you whatsoever I will never know. That for sure is absolute. Could you try to rephrase what you are saying so that myself and others may have some clue of what you are attempting to communicate, please?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think it is you who does not fully understand what a concept is.

As I stated in an earlier post, "concept of time" can refer to more things than just the numbers on a watch. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

You stated that the sun will continue to rise and set and that it can not be stopped. The sun rises and sets because the earth rotates, not because the sun 'rises and sets'.
Is the definition of 'time' in your opinion the sun moving or the earth moving? And if it stopped would that stop 'time'? You have answered 'no'.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Think about it!!
Thinking is conceptualizing.
Experience is seeing it and knowing it.
Concept is a stucture built, an idea made, a notion.
No one has seen time, no one has seen past or future, no one will ever see tomorrow or yesterday.
Only 'now' will ever be known, experienced.
You can 'think' anything but it does not make it true.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialk611

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

objective existence matters as we see it is evil life bc exclusively from truth knowledge abuse

truth knowledge is about present truth freedom of all reality and truth concept superiority freedom which is by definition never real

present freedom is superior from present truth value
freedom concept is superior from freedom truth value

creations basically reverse those equations so existence could be totally objective space to use constant for absolute use

then present freedom is denied existing replaced by positive will that nature condition, as if ur move or a thing move is to get smthg and not bc it is free, so the sense of life is all fake, everything and everyone seem to be freely happy only in eating or spending positive abstractions

but also freedom concept is denied being an absolute superior right, replaced by power will that god condition, as if u necessarily mean to end living by forcing others to ur will realisations, that is how even in scripture with that lovely loving humanity jesus, his principal end was pointed being a chair by him

so time that we experience in witnessing is out of nature positive life in god powers will conditionning it for

what is positive is by definition not truly present, it is a matter subjective perspective, never objective

what is powerful is by definition not truly free, it is a subject one stand above matters, never subjective

I am not sure what you are trying to convey here. You may have a valid point but since I cannot understand you whatsoever I will never know. That for sure is absolute. Could you try to rephrase what you are saying so that myself and others may have some clue of what you are attempting to communicate, please?

one expression if it is true then any post is exactly saying the same, so even here when im not meaning absolute perspective
but if u mean absolute and not me then it depends on ur absolute reality perspective, no other can set absolute to u, absolute is exclusively objective
and what is to truth is to absolute freedom that can take a shape of whatever subjective mean as true right like free

so i repeat that im not trying any nor convey nor attempting nor communicating means, it is simply the exercise of my free subjective right like anyone else objectively use forums for that purpose

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

now is superior value in abstract terms, but what is superior is by definition confirming the less

u have a very dark way to get to ur means, so u know very well that time is always present too

time is past and future which even any awareness or one conscious objective existence know, but what u mean is to abuse the truth of now being always superior to time in willing to prove then now inferiority so as to claim ur superiority above truth

what know now superior value know more time objective facts

future is absolute superiority sense, whatever objective superior point is the present of future time for sure
like in everyone they witness and enjoy the fact knowledge of themselves superior points becoming real from the sense of freedom they get through to b positive now

which confirm the equation of true future, the more u realize ur future the more now is positive

past is absolute inferiority sense, whatever objective inferior point is the present of past time for sure fading away rest, also everyone witness within themselves the efforts they must keep doing to move away in depth from what they experience being wrong, the act of moving away confirm the past being present in mind, and how the more free moves is real the more wrong stop existing

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I am sorry i do not understand.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

so it is a preety easy way to track time with the sun is it not? I didn't think it was that complicated.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Without time we might exist in a state of timelessness, eternally unchanging and whole.

In it's most basic form time is a measurement. It's a tool for perceiving distinction.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

edit on 1/15/2012 by circlemaker because: double post

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Time is not an easy subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join