It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two of the most powerful words in existance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The words "I am."

I have been in a deep train of thought. I am thinking we are who we are. I am _____. ( fill in the blank ). I am all the schools of thought. Judaism. Christianity. Islamic. Its okay to allow someone to believe in they want. Because in the end, we all go to the same place. Back again as one. Do as you want, in the end we go to the same place. I am everything . I am nothing.

edit: I apologize in advance if I am incoherently rambling.
edit on 5-1-2012 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"The words "I am.""

I dunno, we know we are ,

but i think more powerful is

"i know" lol

This one is dangerous and powerful
edit on 5-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I always thought that "I am _____" statements would reinforce the ego, something most spiritual teachers strive to get away from. It would just strengthen your ego's false sense of identification. Now your ego has a title to justify itself a little more.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

OK...I am. I am a lot of things. I have to say....when it comes to spending alot of time thinking about what are the implications or questions of self debating a few words...in this case...I am....you tend to loose sight of WHAT IS.

I have been in classroom where a supposed teacher of something in and of itself...cannot be taught...will spend endless amounts of time with debates and answers and questions exploding out of eager students as they have found an oppertunity to express themselves through their own individual concepts and ideals.

Ultamately...it is all self defeating. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Love and Hate. My grandma had one word tatooed on each of her knuckles, because she would love you with one hand and hate you with the other. Cherokee women for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought these two words in my signature(from the great jack handey) were the two most important words

Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically its made up of two separate words "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? Its a mystery and thats why so is mankind.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The thing is... You are indeed "not". Egotistical thinking like "I am" insinuates the wrong state of mind.

Please read "Awakening your life's purpose" by Ekhart Tolle.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

So very true!!! Those words are the most creative and powerful words one can muster. 'I AM...' with nothing behind it shows our essence of being undefined coming from nothing but emcomposing all.

But the moment you put something behind it, you activate your God given creative ability of creating 'something' in that moment from the nothiness we all derive. Think about it...when you say I AM...its pure potential as like God IS. So in a way when you in introduce yourself as "I am so and so" you kinda actually take yourself from being God(unlimited possibilities) to being 'you' in that moment.

The universe responds to I AM quicker than anything! That's why "I AM" affirmations are so effective. Jesus spoke those words knowing the full meaning they encompassed.

But at the end of the day, at our true core, WE ARE...or should I say I AM because you can't define what simply IS!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
The thing is... You are indeed "not". Egotistical thinking like "I am" insinuates the wrong state of mind.

Please read "Awakening your life's purpose" by Ekhart Tolle.

This is what I was getting at, CALGARIAN, Eckhart Tolle holds so much truth in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Love and Peace (even though they are the same thing)...

Love is appreciation and acceptance...

Peace is just calmness and acceptance...

I think Love is the most powerful thing. It allows you to "go with the flow" and to "accept people as they are", it encourages you to help others, it makes you feel great by appreciating all of the things in your life.

You just flow with love and let your most intense love guide you to where ever it takes you. Trust in Love.

I believe that The Cosmos, The Universe, God, Existence, whatever you want to call it... is love...

There is only "love" and "lack of love", there is no evil force... The evil force is just a "lack of love" and that is it. But Love you can bring and spread anywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I AM ? Nope.. not doing it for me. Who you are.. who anyone is, you feeling of self importance in this world - means absolutely Nothing. You ARE nothing.

Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad - God Himself - Who they are means Nothing. .Not a tiny little thing.

It is what you DO that defines you. Without Doing, (action) the state of Being ( I am or who am I) is meaningless.

I suggest the two most powerful words therefore in any language is : Let's Do

(Er.. kinda corny but I only had two words to work with here and it's 1 am, gimme a break. The concept more embodies the act of perpetual doing, building, achieving for the greater common good of mankind)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

in the same trand of perspective i suggest the most powerful two words being, it does

think about it, objective powers is what attract everything and everyone, and the mystery is the value of tiny stuff how an object do how a point is more then all, how things are reality of no thing value ,,,

while the sentence it does is an absolute existing value by itself

it shows how object is superior to subject but how subject is recognizing it right, so then that sentence say that truth exist, from what object and subject both seem being of same value, so it is not about object value but more the perspective of still subject to object value show that what is present is the truth not any of them

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I always thought "yes and "no" were powerful............

Then "maybe" took over,in its almighty awe.......

two words combined into one.

edit on 6-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Hello fordrew. If you call that an incoherent ramble, then we're doing good

Spiritually and Metaphysically, I understand 'I Am' to be a phrase describing the formless. I understand 'I Am' to be the ultimate antipode of Ego.

'I Am' is the complete concept. There is no "I Am ______ (fill in the blank)."

'I Am' is describing a thing or person in their purest state. A state free from ideology, philosophy, belief, opinion, identity, preconceptions, misconceptions, prejudices, or superficial labels. When you add a word or phrase to 'I Am,' you are actually imposing preconceptualized form to that which is formless.

Are you male or female? What country do you come from? What are your personal beliefs? What labels, characteristics, or attributes do you identify with your Self?

Do you see how answering these sorts of questions with 'I Am' transcends one above personal identity and Ego?

edit on 1/6/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

i think its please and thankyou,
youll go a long way with these
words

so please except my reply and
thankyou
edit on 6/1/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

What if...

would be the most profound in my opinion.
edit on 6/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Yes

&

No

Just sayin...

Peace
edit on 6-1-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

how what is most powerful is never certain ? it shows how u hate the truth as ur way to take advantage from meaning smthg more to u alone
u dont care to introduce an absolute notion of no what that opposition could have as effect upon certainties, as long as powerful sense got u to b

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

what if is also complete opposed sense to truth, right free sense anywhere is to always mean any perspective as it is so the free sense will b truly useful to itself or whatever else, while that way is what also benefit all present from truth clarifications

u mean creations from what if, as also meaning to take advantage from freedom individual fact to become the superior value by stepping upon truth value in pervert way of stealing it while pretending that u ignore it

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
'I am' is powerful because it is the only one thing we can know for sure. You can not say you are not. You are and you 'know' you are!! You are aware that you are aware when you say 'I am'. You are recognizing the presence.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join