It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails from WWII planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Even planes not even powered by jet engines made persistent contrails in the 40s. These planes were powered by gasoline piston radial engines.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

"Allied bombing raids during World War II turned the English sky white with contrails, providing a case study for modern scientists studying how the weather is affected by these long, feathery lines of condensation that form behind aircraft."

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
just a warning - there are people on ATS that think WWII footage was faked - so dont be alarmed

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I don't know if anyone on ATS actually does - but "Tankerenemy" on YT does - and a lot of people take him as gospel, so perhaps there's some here.

Here's his reasoning:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So, let me get this straight: the pilots who flew the aircraft who witnessed contrails during WWII were paid shills, along with the thousands of people on the ground who also witnessed them? It'd documented in books and WWII manuals about persistent contrails. They had to re-route squadrons of bombers around them. There's also documentation from the link above about how people on the ground witnessed cold temperatures during the day because the contrails created an overcast cirrus cloud deck and prevented sunlight from hitting the surface.

This is ridiculous when you present solid evidence to people and then they turn that into an entire new conspiracy, that the government created false images and video of WWII bombers.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

that just about sums it up
welcome to the battle against the chemtrail delusion

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

forum.prisonplanet.com...

"Yes, we certainly did. Contrails were so thick that they became clouds. We often said that we created weather over Europe. They would persist for many hours, maybe days. We flew a different route coming back than going in partly to avoid the contrail clouds that we created. There are some pictures of contrails on my web site - none of these are shown to be very heavy but there were time when we were near the end of the bomber stream and the contrails were so dense that it was no dfferent than flying in clouds. A thousand or more
planes (4000 internal combustion engines) can make a lot of contrail at 25000 feet or more.
Hope this helps.

Willard Reese- 457th Bomb Group"

www.457thbombgroup.org...

goodsky.homestead.com...

"I seem to have become quite wordy in describing my encounter with contrails
but that is what I recall of the 18th of March 1945! Almost any of the books by the 8th AF biographer, Roger Freeman, have pictures of contrails over Europe. Most public libraries also have the Life series on WWII with similar pictures. And I am certain that NASA has abundant pictures in their files of WWII photos."

I may get bored tomorrow and mosey over to the public library and see if I can't find an old WWII book with pictures of WWII aircraft spewing out contrails. I can't believe, nearly 60 years since WWII and it's almost forgotten. The men who fought in the war, to include family members, are almost all gone and so are many of the facts and memories of that era.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"Flak had just begun to explode as the anti-aircraft gunners searched for our range. We were easy for them to
spot, as our contrails were heavy that day, pointing like fingers in the sky toward our squadron as it flew straight and level on its bomb run."

www.91stbombgroup.com...

www.91stbombgroup.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Yep - I guess so.

What happens, as I understand it, is that people like Tankerenemy are unwilling to admit their initial position is wrong. Therefore every new piece of information that contradicts it has to be denied, no matter how stupidly.

He also says that a book of cloud photos published in 1905 is fake - presumably artificially aged and "salted" into public release to justify chemtrails or something like that - here
edit on 6-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think that if tankerenemy was to say that grass is green and water is wet I would feel the need to go and make sure for myself.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Wow....

That is some amazing ignorance, right there. I really don't get why anyone should interpret an unfocused picture of an aircraft in the background of an image as proof that it isn't in the middle of a turn. You can see the turn is wide, and yet he expects obvious banking.
Really, has he ever been on a plane??

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Really, has he ever been on a plane??

Apparently he tried to once but it was full of chemtrail tanks and pumps etc. and so there was no room for him!

Chemtrails are the current version of en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Looks like tanker enemy has no clue on perspective. Or even distance for that matter.

And you are absolutely right about people using his videos as gospel for chemtrails.Makes you laugh alot like this...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
WWII defensive smoke curtain

www.youtube.com...[editb y]edit on 12-1-2012 by khalan4 because: added explanation

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by khalan4

Actually it is from 1923 - a just a modicum of research would have told you it's not WW2 - those are biplanes - long obsolete by the time the YT poster claims the trials were performed.

Smoke curtains were used at D-Day, and also at at least one US/Australian airborne landing in New Guinea - they were generated with the M10 smoke tank.

How do you think they are relevant to the modern chemtrail hoax?

new topics

top topics

active topics

join