It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else finding themselves getting angrier by the day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No, this is not a rant but rather a personal observation.

Is anyone else finding themselves getting angrier by the day?

By this I mean that I find myself replying to certain threads with such venom and sarcasm that after wards I wonder why I even wrote it. It's not me! (Mostly)

I need to make this clear that this is by no means directed towards thread authors (well, sometimes...
) but 99% of the time it's the topic itself. I am so angry at what is unfolding in the World that when I see a thread that unveils corruption, war, TPTB, police brutality, child endangerment, Monsanto, big government, martial law, FEMA, DHS, CIA, FBI etc, I start to almost lose it to the point that an intelligent, calm response is not even possible. All I want to do is shout and pull my hair out!

I find that it may be a form of therapy actually. Instead of taking it out on those around me I just tell it like it is and hold nothing back on the boards. But is this always such a good thing? I think not. And whether I like to admit it or not, it does spill over into my real life off these boards. I don't always notice it but when I do catch myself being down or angry for no apparent reason, I look within and realize that my mind is jumbled up with so much negative info lately that it truly is spilling over into my personal life.

It's gotten to the point that I don't want to discuss anything, just say my piece and let people take it for what it's worth. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter because I rarely get dragged into debates of the topic at hand. I just don't want to. Discussions yes. Debates, sometimes. Arguments...never.

When I need a break from the politics, terrorists, bullies with badges, unjust wars, people suffering at the whims of large corporations and so on, I post a thread on baking or something lighter. Unless of course something comes to my attention that makes me angry again and I just have to start a new thread so others may share my anger and outrage...

I just noticed I did the anti-government post again in another thread and I had to stop and think, "How many of these posts have I made lately?" I looked and found a lot.

So then I think maybe it's time to take a break. Go fishing so to speak. But no that's not the answer either is it? If we all go fishing, who's minding the store?

So with this said, I am asking if anyone else is finding their threshold of tolerance getting shorter and how do you handle it? I know that I'm not the only one experiencing this so speak up and just maybe you can shed a little wisdom for others as well as myself.

Peace

edit on 5-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A very intense man is talking in front of a fish tank, gesturing wildly - Eamonn Healy, Chemistry professor at University of Texas at Austin)

If we're looking at the highlights of human development, you have to look at the evolution of the organism and then at the development of its interaction with the environment. Evolution of the organism will begin with the evolution of life perceived through the hominid coming to the evolution of mankind. Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon man. Now, interestingly, what you're looking at here are three strings: biological, anthropological -- development of the cities -- and cultural, which is human expression.

Now, what you've seen here is the evolution of populations, not so much the evolution of individuals. And in addition, if you look at the time scales that are involved here -- two billion years for life, six million years for the hominid, 100,000 years for mankind as we know it -- you're beginning to see the telescoping nature of the evolutionary paradigm. And then when you get to agricultural, when you get to scientific revolution and industrial revolution, you're looking at 10,000 years, 400 years, 150 years. Uou're seeing a further telescoping of this evolutionary time. What that means is that as we go through the new evolution, it's gonna telescope to the point we should be able to see it manifest itself within our lifetime, within this generation.

revolution !!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

Sorry, I don't know how to embed; but, sometimes we just have to fill our mind with things of beauty. Best wishes.

Louis Armstong

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

Sorry, I don't know how to embed; but, sometimes we just have to fill our mind with things of beauty. Best wishes.

Louis Armstong

By a strange coincidence I heard that song today!

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yea of course .

I blame it on the stresses of the world right , along with the closing in of 2012.

Every body is extra on edge.

So much unstability , choas , bad news , end of the world . maddness

So it adds a little extra salt to the normal amount of "whoa's" lol

Yea , debating sure does bring out the ugly , and the rocky time don't help ease that. lol

After 2012 im sure it will calm down a bit , everyone might be able to breathe some air , perhaps millions of jobs will be created , maybe hit close to free energy , fix hunger issues without gmo's

lool

won't hold my breathe.

But im sure once the times seize , we will get some more of that :"positive energy" if you will. not the new age way , but less factors kinda way.

Might we alll turn back to some better civility , manners , decorum , friend.

But these crazy times need to seattle down or at least neutralize lol . This is one rocky boat of emotions !

edit on 5-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Personally, I simply hate what society (the U.S.) is becoming so much that I'm considering leaving. If I was a guy, I'd probably already be gone, but being a girl, it's a bit more dangerous out there.

I can relate, in other words.
edit on 5-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I know where my anger is coming from. Don't think that's no conspiracy there.
Plus the stress. To top it off, school is starting back up. So yep, it will be a very stressful and invigorating couple months for me, because the classes are extremely hard, and then I have to freeze my cute booty off in the freezing cold walking to class and to top it off

I GOT GOOD NEWS TODAY!!!!!!!!

I just hope, I can succeed at it, and make my manager proud and excel even more. I made Assistant Manager. Same pay. blah. But, the opportunities that I can do with that!!!!!!!!!! With the work that comes involved. I'll be running my own Mcdonalds. MUHAHAHA [deranged laugh]. I get to even make my own hours to coincide with my studying and my classes.. How fking cool is THAT!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! And here, I thought they hated me.

I SO, SO, WANT TO DO WELL AT THIS JOB POSITION!!

Dancing around, jumping up and down full of joy!!!!!
edit on 5-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Yea of course .

I blame it on the stresses of the world right , along with the closing in of 2012.

Every body is extra on edge.

So much unstability , choas , bad news , end of the world . maddness

So it adds a little extra salt to the normal amount of "whoa's" lol

Yea , debating sure does bring out the ugly , and the rocky time don't help ease that. lol

After 2012 im sure it will calm down a bit , everyone might be able to breathe some air , perhaps millions of jobs will be created , maybe hit close to free energy , fix hunger issues without gmo's

lool

won't hold my breathe.

But im sure once the times seize , we will get some more of that :"positive energy" if you will. not the new age way , but less factors kinda way.

Might we alll turn back to some better civility , manners , decorum , friend.

But these crazy times need to seattle down or at least neutralize lol . This is one rocky boat of emotions !

Crazy times indeed. And yes I hope for it to settle down but have my doubts as to the possibility of this happening.

Oh well...I know many are feeling the same way and just wanted it out there.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I was born Angry its in my genes my father grandfather so on. But our Anger is the quiet kind if i spew on the boards it comes from that Anger I can't talk about with anyone else.

I mean we don't exactly fit into polite society we may hide what we believe and what we are, here we don't have to so as for me being any more angrier than usual not really i just need to remember to take my Prozac.

because when i forget this happens

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it feels like time is speeding up for me lately, and I've been losing my temper quicker, and more often as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Who are you calling crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Lol, of course I kid, but yes, I have felt this for about a year or so, just thought it was me at first, but I see it more and more everywhere I look. People in general, they just sense something, they are becoming more cutthroat, less compassion.

As far as sarcastic posts and and the like, I think everyone should take it with a grain of salt. I am the self professed king of sarcasm, and I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Afterall, we are all here to voice our opinions, theories, debate, and learn.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakedbluedevil
I was born Angry its in my genes my father grandfather so on. But our Anger is the quiet kind if i spew on the boards it comes from that Anger I can't talk about with anyone else.

I mean we don't exactly fit into polite society we may hide what we believe and what we are, here we don't have to so as for me being any more angrier than usual not really i just need to remember to take my Prozac.

because when i forget this happens

Nice pic!

Yes, some of that anger does come from outside and from my youth but this is different. It's not directed at anyone but rather at what is happening around me knowing that it isn't the way things are supposed to be.

And that it doesn't have to be this way but what can I do about it? Nothing, and that may be the source of my anger...the futility of it all I guess.

Hey! The thread worked a little. Just found a possible answer...

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Who are you calling crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Lol, of course I kid, but yes, I have felt this for about a year or so, just thought it was me at first, but I see it more and more everywhere I look. People in general, they just sense something, they are becoming more cutthroat, less compassion.

As far as sarcastic posts and and the like, I think everyone should take it with a grain of salt. I am the self professed king of sarcasm, and I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Afterall, we are all here to voice our opinions, theories, debate, and learn.

Yes, I've seen your posts and I do agree that you could be dubbed the King of Sarcasm...
That might make me the Crown Prince.

No, there is nothing wrong with the sarcasm but when it becomes the flavor of a great many posts, I have to stop and take stock. Remember why I joined. Sarcasm wasn't even one of the reasons...

Oh well, I take comfort in others feeling the same way and knowing that if I'm going crazy, I'll be in good company.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Angry? You betcha. When I first stumbled onto all this ugly truth, I was a raving maniac about it. I was so angry I'd cry tears of rage. After a few years, and seeing what was previously warned about coming to fruition, I am still angry, but in a more controlled manner.

Occasionally when I post, I find myself wanting to let loose my exceptionally sharp tongue in print, which is a hereditary gift to me from both my mother and father. I can slice and dice with the best of 'em.....but each time I do, I feel bad about it, and feel that I have spread negativity, which is counterproductive.

I think a more pertinent question considering today's insanity is, who among us is NOT angry?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

here try this, i listen to this one

but you may prefer this one

and i also think you could do well with a Citrine gemstone to hold and use like a worry stone, i use my pendulum.
Citrine is good for you, as it does not hold any negative energy so you don't have to cleanse it.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thank you for the vids and advice.

All stored in my gray matter.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Of course, that's why I took a month off from ATS and the news in general. You even hoped I would return, which I did once my nicotine cravings died down.

Oh, I did lurk from time to time, but never signed back on to comment and of course I did check the news, but at a less frequent rate.

I also found a job during that time, one that allows me to basically work out for six hours a day (6pm to 12am) at a very decent wage to supplement my retirement. And I can now fit into clothes I could not fit into since 2007. I was just about to donate them, when for grins and giiggles I tried a pair of pants on and not only did I fit into them again, but I needed a belt!

Appaerently, the break was what I needed.

Maybe you need a break? Not asking you to leave as I like reading your postings, but everyone needs to get away from it all sometimes.
edit on 5-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by jude11

Of course, that's why I took a month off from ATS and the news in general. You even hoped I would return, which I did once my nicotine cravings died down.

Oh, I did lurk from time to time, but never signed back on to comment and of course I did check the news, but at a less frequent rate.

I also found a job during that time, one that allows me to basically work out for six hours a day (6pm to 12am) at a very decent wage to supplement my retirement.

Maybe you need a break? Not asking you to leave as I like reading your postings, but everyone needs to get away from it all sometimes.

Yes and I remember your thread. Glad to see you had success on the smoking issue.

I quite agree that maybe I need a break. Get back into my kitchen and create some more breads. That's my Zen place.

Yup, a very long fishing break might be due soon.

Good to hear from you again!

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm sure that most long time members of ATS take a break from time to time.

A time for reflection and renewal.

But I will admit, I'm still a dick from time to time...just not all the time anymore.

Gotta stay in character, ya know?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by jude11

I'm sure that most long time members of ATS take a break from time to time.

A time for reflection and renewal.

But I will admit, I'm still a dick from time to time...just not all the time anymore.

Gotta stay in character, ya know?

Like my wife tells me...

"Once a Dick...Always an Ass!"

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join