It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan calling for Revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Greenspan calling for Revolution?

The U.S. welfare state has "run up against a brick wall" of economic reality and fiscal book-keeping and only a "true revolution" involving major entitlement overhaul will improve the economy, says former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan.

In the United States, the rise of the tea party among Republicans coupled with the shift to the left of many Democrats have made it very difficult for the country's leaders to agree on policy.

Look at last year's debt-ceiling fiasco as an example.

"A political tsunami has emerged out of our past in the form of the Tea Party, with its ethos reminiscent of rugged individualism and self-reliance," Greenspan writes in a Financial Times op-ed piece.

He goes on to blame the Tea Party, and the Dems and the Republicans. He says cutting entitlements is inevitable.

In my opinion, Greenspan is exactly right! We are so far down the black hole, that we have to just embrace it and come out the other side. No turning back now.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Who cares what Alan ____ing Greenspan has to say? Anyone with a pulse could be a Fed Chairman, you don't have to know anything about anything. What, recession...print more money. What, great economy...print more money. What, nothing is happening...print more money. Seriously, he probably put somewhere in his piece that that we need to...you guessed it...END THE FED!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I frequently post this. The truth is out there for anyone who wants to open their eyes.

The Cloward/Piven Strategy is named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their goal is to overthrow capitalism by overwhelming the government bureaucracy with entitlement demands. The created crisis provides the impetus to bring about radical political change.

www.americanthinker.com...

Here's another article. Remind you of -ahem, 99%- anyone?

In their 1966 article, Cloward and Piven charged that the ruling classes used welfare to weaken the poor; that by providing a social safety net, the rich doused the fires of rebellion. Poor people can advance only when "the rest of society is afraid of them," Cloward told The New York Times on September 27, 1970. Rather than placating the poor with government hand-outs, wrote Cloward and Piven, activists should work to sabotage and destroy the welfare system; the collapse of the welfare state would ignite a political and financial crisis that would rock the nation; poor people would rise in revolt; only then would "the rest of society" accept their demands.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Dear getreadyalready,

In my opinion, Greenspan is exactly right! We are so far down the black hole, that we have to just embrace it and come out the other side. No turning back now.

Mr. Greenspan as the head of the Federal Reserve was as responsible as anyone for the economic crash and the trillions given to the banks and big business afterwords. Mr. Greenspan went before congress after the nation had witnessed and inverted yield curve in the economy (a leading indicator that you are about to see a recession or depression) and said that we had nothing to worry about. He is a liar or a fool. This nation is being destroyed by crooked politicians and dishonest bankers and businessmen who only care about how much they can keep for themselves.

It is no longer the 1800s when we could all go live off the land. True unemployment is at around 20% with many people having given up on finding a job. Next year tens of thousand of Iraq veterans will return to find no jobs, surely we can afford to feed and house them until they can. Historically the average person on welfare was a single mother and she usually got off it after 6 years, the time it took for her kid to go to school. We can afford to feed everyone and I don't mind helping pay for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You're right about things being harder to endure this time around. People are totally dependent on their conveniences and they no longer know how to survive. The fall will be unprecedently difficult! It might be on par with the ends of other civilizations. I'm by no means looking forward to it, but I'm afraid day by day it becomes more inevitable.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I see him pushing to force a revolution so that the privately controlled Fed stays in power!

Not going to happen and if a full scale revolution were to occur it would be the doing and the sole action and choice of the American public and not a push by the Fed! It will be on the People's terms and conditions and not that of The Fed!

Besides, reports are saying he's been singing like a canary as of late to avoid jail time for his involvement in the collapse of the nation as a whole.

12.23.1913 - 01.01.2013!
edit on 5-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Dear getreadyalready,

The fall will be unprecedently difficult! It might be on par with the ends of other civilizations. I'm by no means looking forward to it, but I'm afraid day by day it becomes more inevitable.

Thank you for your very measured response. I do not look forward to what is coming either and I expect it will be challenging for many. I personally have two people who would otherwise be homeless living with me and only one gets unemployment; but, both would love to have a job. Ignoring "conspiracies", it is a fact that our economy was intentionally looted to transfer wealth to those who already had it. About 5 years ago I was preparing to give a seminar in Las Vegas to real estate people and while preparing my seminar I was checking some statistics and it became glaringly apparent that the housing market and the stock market would crash (this was at a time when people were still making fun of Mr. Schiff). It also became apparent that it was intentional, you may doubt me on this; but, why did housing bubbles occur at the same time in other nations, why did we all have the same policies in place, that is not intuitive.

When I first saw what was coming I was very confused and concerned; but, facts are facts and numbers are just numbers. There is a formula that is used in real estate, it is called the affordability index, it is a basic hard line formula and we violated it. The crash was inevitable and predictable and planned. Mr. Greenspan and Mr. Bernake are supposed to be the most knowledgeable economists in the world and they both lied or are stupid as they both said we would have a "soft landing" and they said that the problems would not spread from the sub-prime markets. I am no economist; but, I am familiar with more than one industry and considered an expert on some.

What we are seeing can best be described as an intentional drive towards fascism. We can debate the reasons, I personally recommend that people read or watch the YouTube videos by Naomi Wolf, especially "The End of America". I also recommend a book called "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". What we are reading and hearing is lies. The Governmental Finance Officers Association (GFOA), is an association of the people who manage money for governmental entities. They have published information showing that there is no public pension problem, yet, even as the nations experts on such things it is not quoted in the media. The pie is getting smaller and the people in charge intend to keep the same amount while having the rest of us accept less. That is what is truly going on. You may have read recently that bankers are getting ready to sue banks if their bonuses are decreased, that is what this is about in my opinion.

I agree with you that things are bad and getting worse; but, it is not illegal aliens nor the homeless that are taking us down, they have no power over our laws and did not pass a law that allows you and I to be arrested under indefinite detention. That was our congressmen doing what they were told by the people who pull their strings. I understand your frustration and feel the same; but, it is the people in power that have put us in this situation, not the people with no power. It is not our generosity that has ruined this country, it is the corruption of the people who control the nation and I have seen it up close and personal. One of my earliest posts was on the Federal Government taking over local easements, I was made fun of for it and then others provided all the links to the actual documents and it stopped being funny. It should be obvious by now that we are becoming more centralized and more unconstitutional, that did not happen because we give food stamps to the poor, it happened because we gave too much power to the rich. Peace and be well.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Greenspan is looking to provoke something now,that the NDAA has passed he wants people to try something all the better to silence dissent.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The noose is tightening around the throats of average americans.....
They will soon be suffering the greatest impoverishment that any robber baron has yet ripped from the purses of the poor and the working class......
There seems no real will left in them to stop it.....
It just goes from bad to worse, and they keep on taking it on the chin.....
Those who dont participate in goverment truely get the goverment they deserve..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
most of the current economic crisis revolves around the housing scam....
anyone care to explain to me just how the "entitlements" had anything whatsoever to do with it??

the only connection I can see is that the business sector wants high returns for their products and services...
and they want their labor costs to be reduced year by year.
and that leads to a gov't and business sector that comes up with all kinds of gimmicks (sub-prime mortgages, welfare, cash for clunkers, and on and on), so that people who really can 't afford to buy much of anything can buy their overpriced goods!!!!

so, well, it's more like the entitlements were the wrong solution to the problem to begin with, do whatever you want to them, you will still have the problem!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Greenspan is an archetypical member of the NWO cabal. So him calling for a revolution is not as surprising as you might think. He wants an end to the current system, so that they can implement theirs instead.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

anyone care to explain to me just how the "entitlements" had anything whatsoever to do with it??

I don't think the entitlements created the mess, but they are indicative of the bigger plan. Right now 1 in 6 Americans are dependent on the government for their income. The government is looking to increase that number even further. From govt jobs, to SS, to Medicare, to disability, military, to unemployment the private industry is becoming smaller and smaller and the public works and entitlements are taking the place of real jobs. A lot of the jobs that are private industry are also dependent on govt contracts. Roads, bridges, govt building construction, airlines, railways, etc.

So, I agree, the entitlements had very little to do with the housing crash, but the entitlements are changing the work ethic and innovation of the nation. There are a lot of people these days that would prefer to get a disability check instead of utilizing the ADA and getting a job. The core foundation of the nation is eroding, and entitlements and govt sponsored jobs are taking the place of innovation and entrepreneurship.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This Link has a video where you can hear Greenspan say it himself.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

it's kind of hard to be innovative when one is struggling just trying to live paycheck to paycheck....

and try to be innovative in your current job, you will probably not get anywhere whatsoever, since people seem to like the familar and shun change, or well, they will run with our idea and you more than likely find that someone else manages to get the credit....

heck look what they did to tesla!!!

maybe what we need is a little freedom (in time and $$$) in order to be innovative!!!

if you want my opinion, most of those on welfare and disablity (outside of the truly disable) are single parents with their children, and dads who are trying to pay as little child support as they can possibly get away with!!!

and, quite frankly, I kind of think that their main goal with all their concern about the "entitlements" is the social security, they just don't want to replace the $$$ they took from the program. the younger generation needs to consider something, very, very carefully.....
your parents invested money throughout the years (yes, they were forced to, but that doesn't negate the fact that they didn), on a promise they'd get something out of it...
and their iras, their homes, ect...well. the gov't is working to sieze their iras, their home values are depreciating rapidly, and well...guess who will end up taking care of them in their old age???

that's right, they expect you kids to take care of them....
we know where all the money went, to bankers, to the top pier of the income earners!!! we know their was fraud in every level involved in the housing bust, and we know that they are gonna devalue the dollar, increase the taxes, and send more people into the welfare lines...just so the too big to fails, don't fail, and can enjoy a few more hundred thousand, a million, whatever, bonuses!!!

maybe instead of working so hard to take from those who have so little they are deemed to need help!! they should put a little effort into going after the blatant fraud, and prosecute, and recoup some of the losses!!!

otherwise, well, hope you don't mind mommy and daddy moving into your home, with your wife, and kiddies, and well, working sunup to sundown paying for it all!!!

edit on 6-1-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join