It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Embassy of the United States Tehran Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, talk about stealth...so there gonna use this Virtual Embassy to engage in Social Media with Iran's citizens..talk about cyberwar.

Source

The United States maintains diplomatic missions all over the world in order to communicate with other governments, facilitate trade and commerce, and support mutual understanding and respect. Because the United States and Iran do not have diplomatic relations, we have missed some important opportunities for dialogue with you, the citizens of Iran. But today, we can use new technologies to bridge that gap and promote greater understanding between our two countries, and the peoples of each country, which is why we established this virtual embassy.

This is a platform for us to communicate with each other—openly and without fear—about the United States, about our policies, our culture, and the American people. You can also find information here about opportunities to study in the United States or to obtain a visa to come visit us.

Briefing on the Rollout of Virtual Embassy Iran

Why Virtual Embassy Iran?

Conference on Internet Feedom

And here's the plan:

Virtual Embassy Tehran: Information to Counter Iranian Isolation

Source

The U.S. Department of State is launching a Virtual Embassy Tehran website to penetrate the electronic curtain of isolation the Iranian leadership has imposed on its people. This initiative does not represent a change in the U.S. diplomatic relationship with the Iranian regime, but is part of the State Department’s broader efforts to reach out to the Iranian people.

Visitors to Virtual Embassy Tehran will be greeted by a welcome message from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, encouraging them to use the website as a vehicle for promoting engagement and dialogue through our linked YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and blogsites.

Annual reports

Official Speeches

Official Transcripts

2011 Fact Sheets

edit on 5-1-2012 by Daedal because: Added Sources

edit on 5-1-2012 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
They just can't leave well enough alone, can they? Geeze... We don't need to keep pushing Iran in every way possible to attack us. This is starting to remind me FAR more of the Nippon Empire in 1939-40-41 on a VERY compressed timeline. If I'm catching and reading all the various actions correctly, it amounts to a concerted effort to force Iran into a corner where fighting out is the only choice they have left.

I have no problem with stomping Iran into MUSH....IF they attack us first. However, that doesn't count for diddly squat if their attack came from a total lack of choice WE FORCED them into. That is manipulation into making that first strike and I can't stand and support military action when it's come that way.

C'mon Obama...That is a PEACE prize you have. We know it's a crock, but at least give some respect to it and stop trying to START a major regional war!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Trojan Horse. Seriously, I wonder what kind of "cookies" that website is going to leave on your computer. After Stuxnet, why would any Iranian trust a virtual embassy?

Hmmm. Maybe I'm just being cynical.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If I had the energy left I'd never stop laughing these days.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I made this thread in breaking news 2 months ago

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I made this thread in breaking news 2 months ago

Sweet, great foresight...I guess now it's official.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
C'mon Obama...That is a PEACE prize you have. We know it's a crock, but at least give some respect to it and stop trying to START a major regional war!

ATS quote of the day!

Honestly I dont think the US will see any direct military action with Iran any time in the foreseeable future.
Just my 2 cents here.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I can think of a dozen better people that come to mind than Jezebel Clinton. Like theyre going to trust a reptilian who was cracking jokes on worldwide tv about Ghaddafi getting killed with her remarks of "we came, we saw, he died". That Vinni Viddi Vicci stuff is Illuminati/Jesuit/anti-christ Pope type stuff and i was surprised she wasn't wearing a templar cross.

They woulda been better off hiring Mickey Mouse to be the virtual ambassador.

new topics

top topics

join