It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gingrich singles out Blacks in "food stamp" remarks

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Newt's beginning to look like one of those fascinating "train wreck" politicians -- rather like Bachmann and Palin, IMHO. I suppose he must have been talking to an all-white audience at this meeting because he made this unpleasant remark:


"I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Gingrich said.


The majority of people on food stamps are Whites, however (there's links in the article for fact checking -- and it does match stats I've seen from other sources.) His new tactic is to refer to Obama as the "food stamp president" which, I believe, isn't going to win him any of the Black vote.

"The fact is, if I become your nominee we will make the key test very simple: Food stamps versus paychecks," Gingrich said. "Obama is the best food stamp president in American history. More people are on food stamps today because of Obama's policies than ever in history. I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history."


A weak comeback, no statements of how he's going to do this other than perhaps ending food stamps. I think his numbers are going to sink again.




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer
 





Complete Madness.





posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer
 



I think his numbers are going to sink again.

Sinking like the Titanic.


edit on 5-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Newt's beginning to look like one of those fascinating "train wreck" politicians -- rather like Bachmann and Palin, IMHO. I suppose he must have been talking to an all-white audience at this meeting because he made this unpleasant remark:


"I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Gingrich said.


The majority of people on food stamps are Whites, however (there's links in the article for fact checking -- and it does match stats I've seen from other sources.) His new tactic is to refer to Obama as the "food stamp president" which, I believe, isn't going to win him any of the Black vote.

"The fact is, if I become your nominee we will make the key test very simple: Food stamps versus paychecks," Gingrich said. "Obama is the best food stamp president in American history. More people are on food stamps today because of Obama's policies than ever in history. I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history."


A weak comeback, no statements of how he's going to do this other than perhaps ending food stamps. I think his numbers are going to sink again.


I hate these posts. Stop reaching. I don't like Gingrich and am a devoted Ron Paul supporter, but these posts piss me off. Stop interpreting things to match your misguided intentions.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer


I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history."



Is he talking about the paycheck HES getting ?




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer
 


Leave it to Gingrich to put his Foot in his Mouth Again , this could be the Major Cause of his Recent Weight Gain IMO.....



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1
 


How is it reaching?

If you think Obama is wrecking the country,what makes you think Gingrich doesn't have a faster process?

If he wants the "welfare" vote,he should stick to being colorblind,Not pander to color.

Please............



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Newt isn't really a serious contender at this point so he is just saying whatever he wants to say. The GOP have had their run with him and realized he's too much of a liability with too much corruption and shady background information to ever be a serious, winnable nominee. So he's just stoking racist fires, making people angry about black people OR making people angry that he's making those statements, and in the end, the rest of the presidential candidates look calm and composed in comparison, so it helps them all in the end. Newt gets to be the obnoxious a**hole he wants to be, and Romney, Santorum, and Paul get to reap the benefits of having someone crazy in the race.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   


I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps



For one the biggest abusers if you will of the foodstamp program are illegal aliens. You DO NOT need to show proof of citizenship and they give you more the more kids you have. Also, if the "blacks" want to demand paychecks, they must understand they must work for it. Instead of giving these food stamps out for free, these families should have to at the very least put in community service. Maybe that would give people a reason to get a job instead of collecting foodstamps. The reason people never want to get a job once receiving these benefits is because they would lose their benefits. They come to expect something for nothing.
edit on 5-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by capone1
 


How is it reaching?

If you think Obama is wrecking the country,what makes you think Gingrich doesn't have a faster process?

If he wants the "welfare" vote,he should stick to being colorblind,Not pander to color.

Please............


When the hell did I mention Gingrich slowing down the process?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I can't stand Newt Gingrich, but the headline to this thread is reaching.

Just because he remarked about the NAACP, doesn't make his statement racist.

EVERYONE is on food stamps it seems. And yes, urban blacks one of the more disproportionate groups than most.

But I think his statement was taken out of context. Or at least in this thread's headline.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The media paints Ron Paul as a racist? Sheesh! Both Newt and Santorum have made inappropriate remarks towards blacks in the last couple of days. Who's the real racists in the pack?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1
 


I know that you dont like Gingrich,but what misguided intentions is OP trying to reach?

Break it down for me please........



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I can't stand Newt Gingrich, but the headline to this thread is reaching.

Just because he remarked about the NAACP, doesn't make his statement racist.

EVERYONE is on food stamps it seems. And yes, urban blacks one of the more disproportionate groups than most.

But I think his statement was taken out of context. Or at least in this thread's headline.


Exactly what I was saying. Ginrich could say anything about the NAACP, and somebody here would take it out of context. There are so many smart posters here, I hate to see it watered down by people trying too hard.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by capone1
 


I know that you dont like Gingrich,but what misguided intentions is OP trying to reach?

Break it down for me please........


Try reading what Gingrich said without your always-offended goggles on. What he said was fine. Some of you are so eager to call foul that sometimes the foul is on you.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oscar Eason, President of NAACP State Conference of Alaska, Oregon and Washington State, told CBS News Gingrich's comment "goes right to the heart of real racism - that African Americans are lazy and don't want to work and depend entirely on handouts.



The article isnt misinformed. Thats how I see his remarks also.

Are ALL blacks on welfare?
Why single out Blacks?

The remarks are racist innuendo.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For those who weren't around to recall this man as Speaker of the House, School Lunches were also on his target list. They probably will be again...he did have a thing about that. I even have a couple songs in my library in the comedy/parody category making fun of him for it. He's quite a character and I'll be very happy to see him enter a much deserved and badly needed (For US) retirement.

Altho if it's Newt Vs. Obama.. Well... Shoot, I'll write in Paul



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
He and Santorum suffer from the same mental disease. It's called racism.

When Santorum was asked about welfare in Iowa, he goes on to say "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

No one was talking about black people Rick, the question was about welfare - but in Santorum's mind welfare = blacks.

The percentage of welfare recipients that are black is 9%, versus 86% that are white. Child welfare is even more skewed - 2% are black and 90% are white. (source)

Newt is blind to the reality around him. Most welfare recipients are white.

Census.gov PDF

The percent of white Americans who have ever received welfare is 67.1%. The percent of black Americans who have ever received welfare is 29.5%. (from a 32 month study of welfare recipients)


Five Major Welfare Myths



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Black unemployment surged to 16.7% in August, its highest level since 1984, while the unemployment rate for whites fell slightly to 8%, the Labor Department reported.



"Even when you compare black and white workers, same age range, same education, you still see pretty significant gaps in unemployment rates," said Algernon Austin, director of the Race, Ethnicity, and the Economy program at the Economic Policy Institute. "So I do think the fact of racial discrimination in the labor market continues to play a role."


Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years

This is WHY blacks seem to be on perpetual assistance.

Who knows what the real unemployment rate is for Black People.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
He and Santorum suffer from the same mental disease. It's called racism.

When Santorum was asked about welfare in Iowa, he goes on to say "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

No one was talking about black people Rick, the question was about welfare - but in Santorum's mind welfare = blacks.

The percentage of welfare recipients that are black is 9%, versus 86% that are white. Child welfare is even more skewed - 2% are black and 90% are white. (source)

Newt is blind to the reality around him. Most welfare recipients are white.

Census.gov PDF

The percent of white Americans who have ever received welfare is 67.1%. The percent of black Americans who have ever received welfare is 29.5%. (from a 32 month study of welfare recipients)


Five Major Welfare Myths









Yes , the perpetuation of certain Social Myths in America often make Fools out of those who wish to Exploit them (Politicians ) .......



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join