It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gloom, Doom and Duty to Others....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

very well said wrabbit...i'm in with that,there's all sorts of opinions floating around

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I certainly appreciate the reaction from other members to my thread here. Unlike most posts I make, this one really came from the heart and I knew I was taking a chance by opening myself up a bit and putting out some sincere feeling and emotion into what I said here. I'm glad to see it was received well and not stomped or simply ridiculed. There is hope for humanity after all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit sweet Pea. Your post was a timely one for me, and much appreciated. Many years ago, I made the decision to simplify my life as a choice. I'm much older now, 60years, and live in a rural area, attempting to be as self sufficient as possible. Not because I feared an end of the world scenario, but as a lifestyle choice. Closer to nature, and myself in relation to her.

It doesn't mean I'm not prepared for any natural catastrophe, because I am. It's part of the mind set of living where I do.

But, I'm seeing more and more people sliding into a kind of depression over a lot of things. People just giving up on life in general. Almost as if they want the world to end in order to validate their despair and anger.

When asked, yes I do tell people to have a plan in mind, and to prep if they can. It gives them some sort of control in fast changing world. It's confirmation that they can channel their anger in a positive direction, instead of waiting for fear to completely take over their lives. Some have found new ways to make an income through cottage industries as I have.

The ones I worry about are the ones who are convinced we only have one more year on this planet.

So Wrabbit, you posting this thread is beneficial to me in hopes that others can give me some insight in how to maybe provide some positive direction to the people I call, for lack of a better phrase, the walking dead. They have given up on life.

Thank You for putting it out there.

Des

new topics

<< 1   >>

join