It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The world wont "end", it will go through a huge change.We would be entering into the 4th dimension. > 2012

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by Quetz.]

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It just means a great change...not necessarily the end. Likewise, it is said that the grand stairs in the Great Pyramid work as a great calendar as well, with the same ending date of 2012....

Perhaps instead, that's when the EBE reality comes out?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
An amatuer astronomer has tracked an asteriod for a close orbital encounter (it will pass inside the lunar orbit) in or around 2017, and is also scheduled for around 2022. A relatively high probability of impact exists for the 2017 encounter, but the astronomer predicted a very high probability for impact in 2022.

Of course, when NASA looked at his math, they proclaimed it erronious, and now claim there is NO chance of an impact during either encounter.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It seems you people are destined to die. Not me. I will live forever. So will everyone else. We won't die. The Earth won't die. Not as long as I am on it. Not as long as people are in it's grips. Not as long a God is watching over us. Not us. We don't die. Trends do. We set trends, not ends. You See?

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
It seems you people are destined to die. Not me. I will live forever. So will everyone else. We won't die. The Earth won't die. Not as long as I am on it. Not as long as people are in it's grips. Not as long a God is watching over us. Not us. We don't die. Trends do. We set trends, not ends. You See?

Personally, one day I'll probably want to rest awhile.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It seems you people are destined to die. Not me. I will live forever. So will everyone else. We won't die.

Way to not contradict yourself...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Its not converted damnit.
Do some of your own research you'll find out.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
meh. been hearing about this for years. of course, we only have 9 more years to find out if 2012 really is the EotW!

/is really hoping the acronym EotW takes off

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well if it is the Eotw (Like the acryonm, BTW) atleast we had a good run. But besides, its probably just going to be the destruction of all life, not the planet, probably something like an astroid causing a 10,000 megaton blast that causes another ice age, but hey, the blue bird flies away, ya know? Even if we die in total, theres a chance we may survive it do to technological evolution, lets just hope that the Mayans were just reallly really really dumb.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't believe they made a calendar that dates up to 2012!! I mean the shear weight alone and how the hell would ya find that many swimsuit models?

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
2012? God threw his genius art into trash. what the #? He suppose to keep it as collective stuff in his heaven of kingdom.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
"Its not converted damnit.
Do some of your own research you'll find out."

I have and plenty of it. Your piece of nonsense still stands as nonsense, you direct to me where this is and I might believe you. There is absolutely nothing to say that the date 2012/2013 is not accepted.

Back your statement up or back off.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems you people are destined to die. Not me. I will live forever. So will everyone else. We won't die.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did I contradict myself??? Can you explain???

If it is the "You people seem destined to die", clashing with the "We won't die." then I see where you are coming from. Yet did you not here me say that we won't die??? Destiny is not real. That is my point. The only destiny we know is the destiny we make. All I really meant to say was that it seems that people here have accepted death as destiny and that they should not bow down to the lack of live so intentfully. Why await death??? Why not live for life???

You See?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here's a interesting little graph that correlates the projected world end timelines of the Bible, Toffler waves (illuminati pike plan), Quantum philosophy, the Mayan calendar, Astrology, I Ching (McKenna timewave), Great pyramid chronograph and the Hopi Indian, Aztec and Hindu prophecies. They all pretty much seem to say the same thing. I can't vouch for its accuracy or authenticity though.

I had to upload it, as it's too big to post. Hit the square in the bottom right to enlarge.

LINK

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   

quote:

How did I contradict myself??? Can you explain???

If it is the "You people seem destined to die", clashing with the "We won't die." then I see where you are coming from. Yet did you not here me say that we won't die??? Destiny is not real. That is my point. The only destiny we know is the destiny we make. All I really meant to say was that it seems that people here have accepted death as destiny and that they should not bow down to the lack of live so intentfully. Why await death??? Why not live for life???

You See?

I see what you mean now... But I was refering to what you said, you know the whole "You people are destined to die" clashing with the "I will never die, and neither will any of you"...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I haven't visited Lysergic's links, so I'm not sure if this was covered, but I'm sure all of you know exactly how the Mayans said our world would end, right? From what I read, they claimed the last "Cataclysm" was when their utensils...their "Technology" went haywire and attacked them. I know, I know....it does sound awfully silly, considering the fact that "Technology" to them was meat tenderizer's and huge mallets that shaped stone....but supposedly, they relied too much on technology, and thus became weakened by it...their own tools and inventions backfiring on them.

According to their prophecy, our "Tools" will backfire on us, and our technology will destroy our civilization, resulting in a return to simpler times when man was living in caves and hunting animals.

Far fetched? Yes.

Interesting? Very.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Most likely not as far fetched as you think... I mean all it would take is a short nuclear holocaust and most of everything would be placed back into simpler times... Or harder depending on how you look at it...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
True Syntax. However, I was thinking more along the lines of a full scale technological revolt. What I read suggested that, for instance, an oven might "deliberately" explode and set your house on fire...or perhaps your printer will wait for your tie to dangle into the paper feeding tray and then pull you into it until it chokes you to death.

Both of these examples were in the book I read. This was, oh, I'd say ten years ago. My uncle had tons of these wacky things around and that was just one of a myriad of odd tomes he possessed.

Still, you could consider a nuclear war a case of technology going bad, but the book clearly stated that their technology acted on its own accord...as if it was alive.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yeah I think I have read something along those lines as well, but I think what I read might have been a Stephen King book... I can't remeber...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
2012 end of the world? well ppl predicted that there would be total chaos at the end of 1999, nothing happened.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join