It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Vindicated on Iran (Unfortunately)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Ron Paul Vindicated on Iran (Unfortunately)

www.theatlantic.com

A week ago Ron Paul tried to convey how the ever-tightening sanctions on Iran--which may soon include an embargo on its oil--look from an Iranian point of view: It's as if China were to blockade the Gulf of Mexico, he said--"an act of war".

This is sheer conjecture; Ron Paul is no expert on Iran. But now someone who does have relevant credentials has weighed in, and the picture he paints is disturbingly reminiscent of the one Paul painted. It suggests we may be closer to war than most people realize.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No matter how much people want to say Ron Paul's ideas are "dangerous" more and more and more people are coming out to say not only is his ideas not dangerous, but they are correct! As more and more people step forward, the MSM is being forced to report what may of us here at ATS already knew.

Interesting times indeed.

I added the Bloomberg article as well for those who wish to read it.

www.theatlantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The good news is that Nasr thinks war can be averted. The bad news is that to accomplish this America and other Western powers need to "imagine how the situation looks from Tehran"--not exactly a favorite pastime among American politicians these days.

Why cant' it be avoided by Iran looking at how the situation looks from the USA and Europe??

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice find!

There is a couple parts of this article that I love.

In a Bloomberg View piece that is getting a lot of attention, Nasr reports that "Iran has interpreted sanctions that hurt its oil exports, which account for about half of government revenue, as acts of war."

Hmmmm, didn't RP say that very thing?

This is the kind of thing Ron Paul presumably had in mind when he said Iran may want nuclear weapons in order to get some "respect." But hey, what does Ron Paul know?

Apparently he knows more than the rest of the media and political elite give him credit for! It will be a tragedy if we kill millions more people and then they finally say to themselves: "Maybe RP wasn't a batcrap crazy loon job."

I have come to the conclusion that most of these people in politics and the media are just stupid. I wish I had a better explanation but sometimes the simplest of words say so much. They are stupid!

edit on 5-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You got me now. Ron Paul is an idiot. He's not a general, never was. I was. I don't talk too much. I don't write well. I was a general once. Some of the things he says I can agree with, but for the most part he's a buffoon. He' just some thing to distract a third of the people. He's succeeding. Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. If he could get some military people to come up alongside him, maybe he'd do better. I clean a local American Legion, it's one of my side jobs.
edit on 5-1-2012 by alonzo730 because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Not to be rude but Ron Paul isn't privy to any special information. Its all common sense.

Let the 'Pissing Contest' continue.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I'm Australian so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Ron Paul the recipient of the most donations from the military?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
You got me now. Ron Paul is an idiot. He's not a general, never was. I was. I don't talk too much. I don't write well. I was a general once. Some of the things he says I can agree with, but for the most part he's a buffoon. He' just some thing to distract a third of the people. He's succeeding. Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. If he could get some military people to come up alongside him, maybe he'd do better. I clean a local American Legion, it's one of my side jobs.

You do know that a large part of Ron Paul's donations come from retired, and active military...don't you. Being a retired General yourself, I would think that is something you know.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The good news is that Nasr thinks war can be averted. The bad news is that to accomplish this America and other Western powers need to "imagine how the situation looks from Tehran"--not exactly a favorite pastime among American politicians these days.

Why cant' it be avoided by Iran looking at how the situation looks from the USA and Europe??

Perhaps the best answer to that is the fact Iran lives there and we don't. If Iran was making noise and threats from the Gulf of Mexico instead of the *PERSIAN* (Iran) Gulf...then asking them to see things from our side would be appropriate. As it is...we are the ones peeing in their backyard pool.

It's good to see Ron Paul is proven right. I just wish this wasn't the issue it happened with. I'd like to think it may cause some people in power to consider the wisdom of actions in the world right now...but I doubt it will. They have escape plans, bunkers, command planes and who knows what else to run to and survive. Why should they lose too much sleep over the war to come when they know they're likely never going to actually hear a shot fired in anger from their safe redoubts? The rest of us on the other hand................

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only hope for this world, because no other rational intelligence exists, Iran was only ever puffing up because the united states has been pushing israel to start WW3 so the Zionists can make their bibble come true.
I see it, Ron Paul sees it. And ATS will hurt me if i say what i really want to say to you

edit on 5-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730

Seems the troops are supporting Him... Or do They not count as "military people?"

Second line.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I like how they added (unfortunately). Really? Was it necessary for the person who wrote that article to jot that little nugget in there? I don't even have to read the article to know this person is biased, even THO it vindicated Paul on Iran. Wow, I'm tired of the media in almost all shapes and forms.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This link (about system justification) backs up some of the assertions in the OPs linked article:
www.psychologicalscience.o rg ...

Namely that, by threatening Iran, we're actually emboldening them to be strong and defeat any internal dissent. It encourages them to defend themselves. The article I linked actually gave Operation Iraqi Freedom as an example when it compares how 9/11 emboldened americans and strengthened their resolve to unite in defense of the country (the system). The danger of this is that the Iranian hardliners could use these sanctions and the (supposedly incoming?) oil embargo to support their anti-israel and war-friendly plans. So it could all explode in our faces.

The problem is that appeasement, generally, doesn't work. So what do we do? Justice has to have a bite. Iran can't just build nuclear weapons and at the same time declare that Israel must be wiped off the map. Nor can they fight a proxy war in Iraq against the US. Nor they can they fight a proxy war via Hamas/Hezbollah against Israel. Iran must join the international community on friendly terms. Otherwise, they will be bitten. Sadly, we might not be able to prevent this war because of the information given by the OP and clarified further in the linked article I posted.

Here's how it works folks:
1) We impose sanctions and cause Iran to unite and ignite a war in defiance. Result: War.
2) We do nothing and sit back until Iran builds nukes and attacks Israel. Result: War.

We have seen no indication of the 3rd option:
1) Iran stops building nukes, stops fighting proxy wars against Israel and the west, stops supporting organizations that have performed terrorism, and joins the international community.

We're forced to impose sanctions, basically. We cannot escape war.

Both cases result in war. Get it? It seems to be this whole issue is being distorted by Ron Paul. Mark my word, if we had not imposed sanctions and allowed Iran to continue its plans then Ron Paul would be saying we should sanction Iran, otherwise war will break out! He'd turn all of this around to claim the administration is wrong! He's right! Ron Paul is about Ron Paul.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

If he could get some military people to come up alongside him, maybe he'd do better.

Wow you really fell flat on your face with that comment. Even the MSM and all the establishment folks know he's got more support from military personnel than any other candidate. (including Obama)

Have a look
edit on 5-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Foreign Policies of the U.S. Goverment over the last decade define it as being a Provocateur .This Behavior was used many times in the past by the Former Soviet Union and Communist China as a way to cause Chaos within a Sovereign States Boarders for the Explicit Purpose of trying to Covertly Destroy said States Established Goverments . Is this Considered Exceptable Behavior today for a Nation that was once the Champion of Democratic Princples ? No it isn't , so where is the Outrage from the American People over this Drastic Change in Policy ? From what I See and Hear , Americans today seem to be Indifferent to this Very Unamerican way of dealing with it's Fellow Nations .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Iran is expecting Allah to come soon. They do not care about this life. America is feeding right into their plan. Iran believes it to be prophecied, America is just flat out Nazi war hungry!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

It's not america doing this. The UN is overseeing the sanctioning process.

Stop blaming america.

Remember the report issued recently that Iran was building nukes? That was from the UN.

Remember United Nations Security Council Resolution 1929? Yes, the UN did that.

Additionally, many nations have instituted their own sanctions on Iran, individually.

This is about the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. In 2005, Iran was found to be in non-compliance with the IAEA. Iran has proven to be in opposition to nuclear non-proliferation by not heeding the demands from the IAEA to stop its nuclear weapon ambitions.

That much is non-negotiable.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Imagine you were a 98 pound weakling. Your next door neighbor is 6 and a half feet tall and 260 pounds, and armed to the teeth with rocket launchers and machine guns. You have a .22 pistol. He started out renting the room over the garage from your neighbor, but now he has taken over the whole house and has your neighbor and his family locked in the basement. He lets the daughters out once in a while to rape them. He claims God told him to do it. The neighbor's wife has to cook and clean for him.

He spends most of his time pointing his guns over your fence, saying, "Stop looking at me! You're threatening me!" Once in a while he shoots a few rounds into the air.

The guy across the street, who is a weapons dealer, starts selling guns to all the neighbors around you, and telling them you are after them. Those who won't buy his guns, your crazy squatter neighbor once in a while does a few drive bys on them at random, shooting out their windows, maybe killing their dogs. He tells everyone else that you are supplying them with snowballs to throw at him all the time. He's just defending himself. He's got a right to defend himself.

Then, the weapons dealer, who is also head of the Neighborhood Watch organization, and also the supplier of guns to all members of the Neighborhood Watch, announces at their meeting, that the new furnace you are installing in your basement is actually a factory to make rockets. The kind of rockets only HE is allowed to make. Also, he keeps repeating the thing you said about the criminal squatting in your neighbor's house, that eventually he would get his comeuppance.

He tells them the only solution is to cut off your water and power, until you let him come in and take your furnace. After that, you will have to pay him forever for the privilege of being allowed to breathe and drink water. Plus you will have to work for him for free for half the year. Good deal.

Try looking at it from that point of view.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Ron Pauls ideas are "dangerous"....what's dangerous is going to war over delusions that Iran is going to nuke us because they're trying to develop some energy. What's dangerous is not following the Constitution, and passing Orwellian legislation like the NDAA, Patriot Act, and having TSA checkpoints, all of which violate the Constitution. What's dangerous is allowing drug cartels to continue to rake in billions each year. What's dangerous is letting a central bank operate in total secrecy, and manipulate our currency from behind the scenes.

Following the Constitution and using common sense? That's only dangerous if you're brainwashed into believing whatever propaganda the TV tells you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

How many bong hits did that one take?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join