It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freakish Man-made Monster Ants With Huge Heads and Jaws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Love it, thanks for showing me project noah!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Drewshbag

We can. They have messed with chicken dna/chromosomes whatever and produced chicken with teeth and chicken with extended "tails."

The article does say these super soldier ants occur naturally in the wild they are just rare it isn't as if the scientists created them as the headline suggests.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wow, wow. Now I'm usually one thats all for messing with nature and all that. Can't achieve advancement with out risk and all that. However making bigger and meaner ants? No way, I hate ants. Seriously someone cut this guys funding now.

Sigh* Alright maybe I'm letting my hatred of the pest make me bias, I say let them keep going as long as I don't see any of those buggers around my house! And that they find a cure for cancer or at least something note worthy.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyoshi
Source To News Article

The mad scientists are doing what it says in the headline. It takes a 'special' hormone to unlock ancient genes and allow them expression in an ant living today.....they'e also discovered that ants have a genetic 'monster tool kit' on board so no doubt we'll be hearing a fair bit more about this. Come back dolly the sheep all is forgiven! Some of the comments express varying views; ie "What gives them the right to play with nature"? To. "this could be what we need to cure disease". I find it a little freaky and given the arrogance of many learned intellectualpeople I'm more than a bit worried. I can imagine one being taken to a British pub so mates can see and then the thing escapes, you get the picture?

this is very scary.

this is very very scary.

this means they could clone hitler make him 20 feet tall with blond eyes and blond hair and the strength of 10 men.

the nazis and other latent nazis in europe will rise up and bring forth a third Reich like no other.

not only that....they can clone thousands and thousands of hitlers.

if you clone hitler once why not a thousand times or 10000 times?

a hitler clone army would be a unstoppable aryan army who would all non aryans would destroy us all.

i suggest non aryans should be very scared and start find hiding places.

this is very frightening.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CousinMarylin
Did anyone actually read the article?
They did not create anything.

These supersoldiers occur naturally.

They just figured out how to trigger it.

Anyone reading? It is only a couple short paragraphs.

thank god you said that, follow this similar article www.bbc.co.uk... which explains a little better, its natural just some related ants don't need to do it anymore. These scientists have figured out how to turn on something that's been turned off. More interestingly would be if they applied that thinking to humans what could we activate?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

This is found in all animals.

www.mnn.com...

There was a couple of years here when I was a kid where the ants - regular ants - diversified into a couple of different types that no one had seen before. Only happened for a couple of years, and I've not seen them since.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Having a thread about this is all well and good but at least post a point of view, predictions and theories about the matter!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join