It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow ATS'ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, I think I've put this off for long enough lol. Still kind of getting my feet wet but hey, I'll grow into it. I'm a regular watcher of news sites and when i started Lurking on here a few months ago, i quickly found out that the stuff i was looking at was breaking on ATS before the "main"stream media picked up on it. So after seeing a few too many threads i was itching to comment on i decided to make an account.

A bit about me:
I'm a Practicing Pagan and Magickal Practitioner that tends to lean towards Evocations and Sigil Work along the Egyptian path and have seriously for 12+ years now. That aside, I have many friends of many different faith backgrounds and we get along just fine, too each their own i say, different people different beliefs and all that.

I'm also a member of a Ghost Hunting group that has been seriously active for about 5+ years. I've done my fair share of looking at pics of nothingness and listening to hours of audio for about 3 seconds sound clips, but its fun so that's what my small team does. Although we do put a magickal twist into most of our public investigations, as most of our private investigations involve people who do not subscribe to my beliefs and it being their home, well you get the picture lol.

I'm also an old school gamer, meaning D&D and Rifts, pen and paper of course! so when I'm not filling my hard drive with useless pics of blurry trees and hours of my own voice or pouring over news sites
I'm most likely chucking dice.

I'm also a huge history buff and even do some Civil War Reenacting, although i admit i haven't had time to do any of that this year. And when I'm not doing any of the above, I'm working on another story to write, currently unpublished but oh well, one of these days lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Hey there roaland...

Great intro...

too each their own i say

There are members here, myself included at times, that take those words for granite - thanks for the reminder and cya in the trenches...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Awright, fresh noob!

Sic 'em boys!

Just kidding. Welcome to ATS and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, those annoying ads will disappear and you can enjoy this site in peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

lol ya I'm still not sure what all those numbers mean yet lol I know P F & S but the others i just look at cross-eyed for now lol. did not know Flags determined the ads though, interesting thanks

edit on 5-1-2012 by roaland because: spelling

edit on 5-1-2012 by roaland because: spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nice intro!

My 5th level Ranger rolls an 18 and adds his dex score for a hit!

If I remember correctly, with a short bow I roll a D6 with strength bonus for damage.

I loved D&D, but since I'm 42 and Stephie is 47 she won't play it with me.

I would love a game of old paper D&D with a great storyteller for a DM.

Welcome to ATS and remember...

Trolls regenerate....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
Nice intro!

Trolls regenerate....

(grabs a keg of Greek Fire Oil) Bring on the Trolls!
hmm shortbow, ya i think D6 and your never too old for D&D! It keeps you young!
edit on 5-1-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Welcome

If, we were all the same it would be a boring ATS world indeed. I have often wanted to catch some unexplained sound on a recording. Sounds like an interesting hobby...or job if someone is willing to pay, for you to have fun.

At any rate you will fit right on in here I assure you. The occult, though not my thing to experiment with, I have every reason to believe exists, and on many levels.

We must draw on truths of all peoples and beliefs to uncover real understanding of our world.

Happy posting!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

Originally posted by tsawyer2
Nice intro!

Trolls regenerate....

(grabs a keg of Greek Fire Oil) Bring on the Trolls!
hmm shortbow, ya i think D6 and your never too old for D&D! It keeps you young!
edit on 5-1-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

If I had people to play with I would.

The best part of D&D is the storytelling...A great DM could make you feel like you were really there. I loved to DM and do the storytelling.

to keep this on topic, I would really like to see posts by Roaland about his ghost adventures..
edit on 5-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: added a sentence

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh i forgot Bull Riding, i used to do that for about 3 or 4 years. Got the scars and haunting injuries to prove it. It was fun but my body is paying me back for all that fun now lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Wow, brought back memories...and believe me a good dungeon master was hard to find. Now it's all great graphics and visual effects and zero imagination...but oh well, welcome to the future. But, that is for another thread, right now...

It is a Grand entrance to a future great poster.

Welcome again.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

best part about P&P D&D is i don't have to worry about my video card frying out cause i turned up the graphics too high when i play it lol just sayin lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh i forgot Bull Riding, i used to do that for about 3 or 4 years. Got the scars and haunting injuries to prove it. It was fun but my body is paying me back for all that fun now lol

I did that once.

Bullriding: Having sex with your girlfriend and calling her someone else's name, then trying to stay on for the next 8 seconds.

The scars and injuries are not pretty.

On topic: Nethack anyone? I play that all the time...for almost 20 years (since it was called Rogue) and still haven't ascended!! It is based on D&D. And I wanna see ghost posts!

edit on 5-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

SOOOO true...though I remember having very explosive dreams from using, and overloading my imagination...LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I could make so many comments on the above 2 posts but fear of being banned as a new member is tapping me on the shoulder haha

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I may have to pull a few from our site and start a thread on magickal ghost hunting...hmm (gears turning) i smell a project!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I could make so many comments on the above 2 posts but fear of being banned as a new member is tapping me on the shoulder haha

Sorry for being so silly in your intro, but it was a good one and we all like a party around here, but you did bring up some things that got us going.

Great intro post!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I may have to pull a few from our site and start a thread on magickal ghost hunting...hmm (gears turning) i smell a project!

Please go for it!

I would like to see it.

new topics

top topics

join