It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin vs Erich Von Daniken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This isnt meant to be a debate about the two, however, its to better understand both of their angles on the AA theory.

I have not read their books and im curious if anyone here who is familiar with both knows what their angles are? I know, from at least looking around the internet, that each of these guys have different beliefs in the AA theory. What are they? How are they different in their beliefs? What do they both think in regards to what actually happened etc? Doesnt Sitchin take a more scientific approach to the theory for example?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Daniken was the apprentice so to speak and evolved his theory off a lot of Stichen's work.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think both of their motives is simply money. Though i think Von Daniken has easily made the most cash.They both look for anything old and ambiguous and try to attribute it to aliens. Any ancient mystery..aliens!!

I get the feeling that Vrill wants us to do his homework for him ..

edit on 5-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think both of them don't really know what they're talking about. Dealing with fallen angels, you'll never get the truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So both of them have the same ideologies regarding the AA theory? I dont care what their motives are, i just want to know if they differ in their theories and how they differ.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I do think it very possible that HUMAN civilization's distant past has a lot to offer in terms of what we don't know and how far back things go, regarding the possibility of a more advanced civilization waaay back. The ancient alien theories are not much more than syfy plausibility with no real world evidence.
Sitchen and Van Daniken are dilletantes in archeology, geology, linguistics, anthropology, and every other sicentific and social science field. In other words, the only thing they are experts at is in making loads of cash off of people who really want to believe weird stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Zecharia Sitchin and Erich Von Daniken are so close they had a kid together.....

They are all crazy, and the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
it would be alot easier if you took the time to actually read thier books yourself
no disrespect but your being lazy !

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
it would be alot easier if you took the time to actually read thier books yourself
no disrespect but your being lazy !

Want to buy them for me?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Save up. They are worth the buy.
edit on 5-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
well you can google most of the info your looking for thats free sweetie
ive read stichens books made for a great read dont know if i believe everything but worth a look over
its hard to just sit here and type it all out way to much info is all im getting at

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

sometimes you can second hand copies on ebay cheap, that's how i got mine.

pre loved is the way to go

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why don't we get the eff off of where we have been and start looking at where we are and where we are going? Who in the world drives around looking out the rear view mirrors? Its like the blind leading the blind into the ditch and whoever gets there first, in the ditch no less, is the winner! ? Make sense?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Both have out there theories...They are just theories. Why do people get so mad at people for publishing thought provoking books?

If you don't want to believe the works then don't. I don't believe them one bit but find them fascinating. It's a possibility that we we had past visits from ET's.

I mean nobody can explain how the great pyramid or other megaliths were built. They all talk about ropes,pulleys, simple machinery etc...Okay let's assume it was done naturally then that rope must have been one heckuva material to lift 10-80 tones...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Sitchen based his ideas around a planet Nibiru, a supposed 12th planet that takes 3,600 years to orbit the sun, or something like that. Lots of talk about the Annunaki (Nibiru aliens) and gold. Claims this knowledge from Sumerian tablets.

Erich von Daniken typically goes after ancient Southern cultures - Nazca lines, Egyptian Pyramids, Puma Punku, etc.

Both don't really know what they're talking about, and have been refuted time and time again.
edit on 1/5/2012 by SuperKawaiiNibiru because: herp derp changed 'year' to 'sun'

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperKawaiiNibiru

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They're both full of it, and wrong in a million different ways. BUT, they were sort of on the right track.

If you want to read something really long, that will really blow your mind, check this out.

Points out all the stuff they were wrong about, and ties the things they WERE right about together.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I could not resist. This is one of my favorite posts ever. Thank you for the light-hearted moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperKawaiiNibiru

Sitchen based his ideas around a planet Nibiru, a supposed 12th planet that takes 3,600 years to orbit the sun, or something like that.

"something like that"..?.. im sure someone with Nibiru as part of their name would be well versed in the subject...

Certain artifacts and monumental constructions are claimed by von Däniken to have required a more sophisticated technological ability in their construction than that which was available to the ancient cultures who constructed them. Von Däniken maintains that these artifacts were constructed either directly by extraterrestrial visitors or by humans who learned the necessary knowledge from said visitors. These include Stonehenge, Pumapunku, the Moai of Easter Island, the Great Pyramid of Giza, the ancient Baghdad electric batteries.

Zecharia Sitchin's series The Earth Chronicles, beginning with The 12th Planet, revolves around Sitchin's interpretation of ancient Sumerian and Middle Eastern texts, megalithic sites, and artifacts from around the world. He theorizes the gods of old Mesopotamia were actually astronauts from the planet "Nibiru", which Sitchin claims the Sumerians believed to be a remote "12th planet"

Robert K. G. Temple's 1976 book, The Sirius Mystery argues that the Dogon people of northwestern Mali preserved an account of extraterrestrial visitation from around 5,000 years ago. He quotes various lines of evidence, including supposed advanced astronomical knowledge inherited by the tribe, descriptions, and comparative belief systems with ancient civilizations such as ancient Egypt and Sumer. His work draws heavily on the studies of cultural anthropologists Marcel Griaule and Germaine Dieterlen.[16]

In their 1966 book Intelligent Life in the Universe[20] astrophysicists I.S. Shklovski and Carl Sagan devote a chapter[21] to arguments that scientists and historians should seriously consider the possibility that extraterrestrial contact occurred during recorded history. However, Shklovski and Sagan stressed that these ideas were speculative and unproven.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is from wiki ancient astronaut page, it will give you a brief overview of all the proponents to the ancient astronaut theory.. It is also easy to navigate with links to all the individual books, people, theories etc..

Have to add, although wiki is better these days, if there is something you read that grabs your interest, always double check the information from another source.. you will also get more detailed information from other sites..
edit on 5/1/12 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I chose this names for giggles, as I often see it brought up in the more wilder conspiracy theories.
It's been a while since I've read into Sitchen's ideas, so I added the 'something like that' in case I remembered wrongly.

At any rate, this is what I think of ancient astronaut theory:

No aliens required.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join