It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Iraq Ignites, Cleric Seeks Gains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

As Iraq Ignites, Cleric Seeks Gains

online.wsj.com

With the end of the U.S. military's mission in Iraq last month, one of its fiercest longtime opponents is repositioning himself as a national leader.

Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who waged a bloody insurgency against Americans here over a period of more than eight years, now presides over one of the country's most organized and influential political groups—a cause of significant concern for the Americans.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, this could be troubling for the US and the Coalition, considering this leader is in control of the most influential political group. He is also an enemy of the US, i wonder what this will bring with Iraq's realtionship with Iran, if this dude does become the national leader. What does ATS think anout this?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Then it will be a good excuse for US to launch drone strikes against the leader and his followers.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I knew getting rid of Saddam was a bad idea..whats that saying better the devil you know..
I hope not and I hope they elect a decent fella/woman..Yes I know they will not elect a woman...
edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
perhaps after we finish with Iran we should invade Iraq.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Installing a Shi'ite Saddam was the US plan anyway. Sheik Sadr fits the bill perfectly. Democracies can be unpredictable and the US doesn't want that. Sheik Sadr can be "anti-American" all he wants to be, as long as it doesn't translate into actions and it won't be translating into actions.

top topics

join