It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Turns Page on a Decade of War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

US 'Turns Page on a Decade of War'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The United States is "turning the page on a decade of war", President Barack Obama said, as he unveiled a major strategic review that will cut $489 billion in defence spending over the next ten years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ajc.com
www.reuters.com
www.wired.com
www.nydailynews.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Cutting $489 billion will still leave the US military supreme - with a budget larger than the next 10 countries combined.

The proposed cuts are less than 10% of the current $650 billion annual defence budget.

Wired.com says the new focus will be on " lots of spy tools including drones; lethal special operations forces; offensive cyber weapons; jammers; and a presence to deter and confront Iran — and maybe China."

Still, with all the war talk going around, I'm honestly surprised. And I do wonder what this move does to Ron Paul's "No More War" platform.

Anyone here willing to educate me on this issue?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah just wait till a false-flag or ``an attack on our ships in the Strait Of Hormuz`` must cancel all these neat plans.

No way the military industrial complex will agree to cuts.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No way the military industrial complex will agree to cuts.

Normally I'd agree - but it looks like it might just be the standing army getting cut. The new focus will be on high tech and probably, contract personnel. Also, a focus on biodefense will allow cash to flow through the CDC, FDA and NIH to "protect public health" v/s obvious military spending.

edit on 5/1/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the move is to slowly phase out conventional weapons and obviously as most have already come to realize, it is to go drone's, but wait that's only half of the story being told to the public. The improved weapons platforms have nothing to do with what the news or television has seen or willing to speculate. They are the next generation leo weapon platforms. They dock, re arm and re-deploy and when needed re enter earths atmosphere, land are then re stocked and relaunched to their original orbit and all this from a single terminal, no logistics needed, no weather problem's as the globe has been triangulated right down to the millimeter. Hence the massive budgets towards space development projects. Did you guys honestly believe that sending rovers to mars was developed to study some rock ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Turn the page on a decade of war...hmmm, what's this on the next page? Another decade of war, you say? OK, that's about what I expected.

Meet the new war, same as the old war.

Meanwhile the death toll for Iraqis is up in the low seven figures...creeping up toward holocaust numbers there, anther decade of indescriminately bombing everything that moves ought to do the trick.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
even with the cuts they'll still make their bloodmoney and thousands of innocent people will end up murdered in cold blood .. not a damn thing will change...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Let him cut that much within 12 months, rather than 10 years, and it might have some effect.

I am tired of Obama being portrayed as some kind of saviour, as he still is among more clueless areas of the net that I've seen recently. For me, with the man there are two possibilities.

a] He is an NWO frontman, and as such, is the most charismatic, seductive, and believable psychopath in history; even moreso than Hitler, which makes him phenomenally dangerous.

b] He has positive intentions, and wants to do good things, but is so consistently blocked by other people that he can never act on any of them.

Either way, he does nobody any good.
edit on 6-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

b] He has positive intentions, and wants to do good things, but is so consistently blocked by other people that he can never act on any of them.

If Obama is powerless against the machine, then so is -will be- any other president.

What can be done?

new topics

top topics

join