It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to share nuke secrets with Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure how much I'd read into this. Folks seem focused on finding the hidden meaning or the benefits Obama is angling for when I really don't think such things exist here.

Obama does absolutely nothing without a hidden agenda and a gain at the end. Nothing.

If this man gives anyone a gift, take it out and have it tested for radioactivity, anthrax or listening devices.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is likely to involve sharing deployment locations and capability and not nuke secrets. Russia likely wants reassurance that the defense system won be able to defeat Russias nuclear detterant.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why wouldn't he? I'm suprised he hasn't gave every country in the world our secrets...because that's what traitors do.

secrets or no secrets, Russia should never again trust US/NATO about anything. We thought cold war ended in 1991 but NATO kept expanding and creating problems for Russia. Sorry we were wrong. Cold War ended but only from one side, NATO never meant anything peaceful and long term.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure how much I'd read into this. Folks seem focused on finding the hidden meaning or the benefits Obama is angling for when I really don't think such things exist here.

Obama does absolutely nothing without a hidden agenda and a gain at the end. Nothing.

If this man gives anyone a gift, take it out and have it tested for radioactivity, anthrax or listening devices.

Peace

Very well said! Excellent warning!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

So are you suggesting the countries that the Soviet Union illegally occupied during the cold war arent free to make their own choices? Are you suggesting that they should not be allowed to apply for NATO membership because it makes Russia nervous? How do you think these newly independent countries feel sharing a border with Russia, knowing Putin is coming back into the limelight and wants to usher in the Soviet Union once again?

The countries are independent and sovereign, and can make their own choices based on their own national security needs. If Russia doesnt care for that then maybe they should sign agreements stating they will never invade and occupy them again?

deflection back to the US in 3....2......1.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here Russia.
www.globalsecurity.org...

You are now the fifth country to know. Do you want to buy some like the other four countries?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

Well he sure did a doozy on this one. I went to the link and looked...saw the Mushroom cloud and assumed this must relate to Nuclear Weapons. Oh goodness.. this is much worse. If Obama sees a U.S. benefit in this, it better be a HUGE ONE.

The RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3) is a ship-based missile system used by the US Navy to intercept short- to intermediate-range ballistic missiles as a part of Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System.[3] Although primarily designed as an anti-ballistic missile, the SM-3 has also been employed in an anti-satellite capacity against a satellite at the lower end of Low Earth orbit.[4] The SM-3 is primarily used and tested by the United States Navy and also operated by the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force. The Royal Netherlands Navy has already successfully tested the SM-3 on the HNLMS Tromp and may purchase them in the future.
Source

I guess this will mean the Aegis Cruisers won't be quite the defense wonder weapon they always have been. What a thing to even consider giving to an ally, let alone a foreign power like Russia. Geeze.....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I guess most people don't know that Russia already knows all our Nuke secrets. They are in every nuke program we have as a observer. At every college, university and testing facility like Los Almos. Its called START (for STrategic Arms Reduction Treaty).

edit on 5-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by victor7

So are you suggesting the countries that the Soviet Union illegally occupied during the cold war arent free to make their own choices? Are you suggesting that they should not be allowed to apply for NATO membership because it makes Russia nervous? How do you think these newly independent countries feel sharing a border with Russia, knowing Putin is coming back into the limelight and wants to usher in the Soviet Union once again?

The countries are independent and sovereign, and can make their own choices based on their own national security needs. If Russia doesnt care for that then maybe they should sign agreements stating they will never invade and occupy them again?

USSR was a communist entity that believed in expansion. Russia is freedom oriented country and does not have any plans to expand. This can be seen by Russia's rejection of Serbia and Belaru as a common union, something which these two countries have tried hard for in the past. In its history Russia has not invaded other countries like the US does. Hope that pacifies your paranoia a little bit. Putin does not want any Soviet Union, he has suggested a customs union with Belarus, Kazakastan and others. Something on the lines of NAFTA. It is more economic and trade in nature than political. Russia already has military alliance CSTO with former Soviet states except Ukraine and Georgia and Baltic bitches.

Furthermore, Russia's population is on decline and it is having trouble even controlling its current territories in the east. Russia is not interested in conquering and commanding other countries. Russian economy rises then any nations is welcome to do business and have exercise mutual competitive advantages. Russia does not need any parasite nations leeching on its resources like they did during the Soviet times.

Btw, Russia would have been more freedom and free market oriented but for US NATO aggressive postures in the last 20 years.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

as I said...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

USSR was a communist entity that believed in expansion.

Bzzzt - that was the Trotsky vision - the internationalisation of communism - and being a trotskyite was, of course, a sentence to the gulags in the USSR for many years.

The USSR, and Russia today, were both paranoid about invasion from the west (1812, 1853, 1914, 1941) and the USSR was more than happy to have buffer states against any possibility of a strong Europe.

The USSR saw itself surrounded and isolated.....as Russia is beginning to now.

Of course Russia is at least nominally more open than the USSR, but as it's former buffer states and indeed parts of the USSR join the "western" alliance it only halps with the general paranoia/

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So all Obama has to do is give the Russians the data they want and then as soon as he's on the plane back to the USA give the nod for a missile refit that makes the old data useless so its a PR coup for him as he's seen to help world peace but the only benefactors are the missile companies who get a few billion to refit the missiles....genius

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
So all Obama has to do is give the Russians the data they want and then as soon as he's on the plane back to the USA give the nod for a missile refit that makes the old data useless so its a PR coup for him as he's seen to help world peace but the only benefactors are the missile companies who get a few billion to refit the missiles....genius

I hope you are correct.
Because if President Obama is simply giving the Russians access to our nuclear technology then he is obtuse (to say the very least).....

Again, I hope you are right but I am somewhat skeptical.

The idealist in me wants to believe Russia is an "ally".....however, history (along with its leadership's rhetoric of late) tends to belie something altogether different....

-Christosterone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join