It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to share nuke secrets with Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Obama to share nuke secrets with Russia

nation.foxnews.com

President Obama signaled Congress this week that he is prepared to share U.S. missile defense secrets with Russia.

In the president’s signing statement issued Saturday in passing into law the fiscal 2012 defense authorization bill, Mr. Obama said restrictions aimed at protecting top-secret technical data on U.S. Standard Missile-3 velocity burnout parameters might impinge on his constitutional foreign policy authority.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Can't see this being a one sided information swap but can't say for sure. What does the US administration know that's coming up this year they find it crucial to share sure prominent "secrets"?

Joint venture against China? Friendly jesture to speed up destruction of the warheads? Tit for tat?

nation.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't ever use Fox news as a source, they lie.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why wouldn't he? I'm suprised he hasn't gave every country in the world our secrets...because that's what traitors do.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

perhaps.. just perhaps, preparing for a enemy not of this world making its arrival
a joint operating agreement against a global threat

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You mean the secret fake secrets that the gullible Russians will accept as the real secrets?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
US: "Pssst"..."Hey Russia...back off on your stance with Iran and we'll give you a little something. Just look the other way while we bomb them off the planet."

Russia: Very Good Comrade!

Perhaps?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

So missile secrets and not nuclear secrets at all then?

I wonder if this would be to alleviate some of the drivel the Russians post about the european defence shield being aimed at them - info like this might (and I admit I'm guessing) show that the interceptor missiles cannot be used against Russian launched ballistic missiles - I imagine it helps define their engagement envelope.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The last three posts made me laugh pretty good. In any case, this is out of the blue, I can see the strings moving. The pot just keeps boiling, when will it stop?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You can't blame Russia for saving some bucks on this deal. They could have just bought our nuke technology from Israel like China does along with all the other weapons we have donated to them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Possibly to react in a friendly way to the threat that Russia has been making about there new missile delivery system. While the US has been developing extravagant space/high altitude defence systems the Russians have been focusing on delivery systems and apparently getting results.

These can be tested quite easily and apparently have been demo'ed to US personnel unlike the defence systems which only need to fail once and your in trouble.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
US: "Pssst"..."Hey Russia...back off on your stance with Iran and we'll give you a little something. Just look the other way while we bomb them off the planet."

Perhaps?

Probably more like... US: HEY RUSSIA !! YEAH YOU COME HERE I WANNA SHOW YOU SOMETHING !

Russia: OH !!! Well I can see by all these bombs and guns that we are on the wrong side of this fight. I think we will sit this one out.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

First thing I thought

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Perhaps?

I think you are exactly right. This could be the start of something big. Why would the US want to get Russia onside if their only aim was to invade Iran, Syria etc. To me this is a premeditated action that is in preparation for a conflict on a much larger scale.

Got the makings of some sort of conflict involving the US + Russia with China and

After all I thought Russia's stance was "you touch Iran, we touch you"?
Chances that has now changed?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Now that is an interesting take....
I hope that is not the case.
However, in today's climate, I sincerely hope the President is leaning on his foreign intelligence advisors, his military advisors, and his foreign policy advisors on this one.

Russia is, of late, playing a little bit harder ball than it would seem America is willing to accept...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
To counter the Chinese retaliation of the US attack on Iran. As for use against ET's- all I can tell you is their craft are 45 degrees out of phase with local space time. All they would feel would be a little turbulence with even our biggest bombs. Even uncloaked their ships are only temporary projected structures of something about twice the size of our moon- it would survive a direct nuke hit and then self repair like the skyline aliens did.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So that's what he meant by "transparency". Silly me, I though he meant transparency between the government and the citizens of the US.

...and on top of his announcement at the Pentagon today he is going to slash the Military to pay the deficit he has added more too than all other Presidents combined.

It could make a person start to wonder where his loyalties lie, and knowing he taught Alinsky to his students and the nature of his freinds and his attempts to hide his associations

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much I'd read into this. Folks seem focused on finding the hidden meaning or the benefits Obama is angling for when I really don't think such things exist here. Obama is simply a walking, talking disaster for foreign policy in general and where Russia is concerned in particular. Anyone recall this?

Obama’s anniversary gift to Russia

Or this?

Obama Gives The Kremlin A Seal Of Approval

Or the old standby.. Yes.. Who can forget the famous reset button?

Russian media teases Clinton over 'reset' button

Remember when this flubs and screw ups were kinda cute and comical? Well..That was a couple mini-wars ago and before we were looking at open war with one, if not THE primary Russian client state in the Middle East Region.

For some reason, this stuff has lost all humor. Perhaps it's due to the fact I can actually see in a clear chain where this action could lead to deadly compromise of our abilities, as war involving possible Ballistic missiles looms as more than possibility. Perhaps Obama can bring Carter in as an advisor or something. Heck, 'Ol Jimmy was just an idiot. I'm not sure this is entirely incompetence or not with Obama.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleWillRise

Perhaps?

I think you are exactly right. This could be the start of something big. Why would the US want to get Russia onside if their only aim was to invade Iran, Syria etc. To me this is a premeditated action that is in preparation for a conflict on a much larger scale.

Got the makings of some sort of conflict involving the US + Russia with China and

After all I thought Russia's stance was "you touch Iran, we touch you"?
Chances that has now changed?

Seriously guys, never gonna happen. You have short memories and are gonna have to get past the hype you are delivered daily. Both russia and china have MIC that are controlled completely by the state. This means that they are accountable for spending and development goals. The US lost control of this a long time ago.

What happens if the US loose even one carrier. Your whole ethos of development comes into question. There is a reason no one else develops these vessels. To loose one is a massive loss. In one go you loose over double your troop losses in Iraq.

I know people will come back with stats about how awesome they are at defence etc. but the fact is no one has really attacked them. As a final cheery note, given that thesevessels have been parading across the oceans for some time and are seen as the biggest obstructions against expansion for both Russia and China don't you think they might have been developing measures against them.

Underwater armed drones in a swarm.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Can't see this being a one sided information swap but can't say for sure. What does the US administration know that's coming up this year they find it crucial to share sure prominent "secrets"?

Joint venture against China? Friendly jesture to speed up destruction of the warheads? Tit for tat?

nation.foxnews.com

I would say it has more to do with ratcheting down tensions between Russia and the US on the NMD system. This particular point was something the US rejected a few times in the past. Russia, as has been stated time and again, is not opposed to a US NMD system, so long as they have assurances its not geared towards them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join