It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Pyramids of Mount Kasagi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
These pyramids are some very interesting ones I that wasn't aware of. The local people have a folk belief that a white snake dwells within Mount Kasagi, and within the pyramids. There seems to be a little question as to how many of these mini-pyramids exist. I have seen mention of 4-5, but judging from the article below, if there is no equivalent stone to the pyramid referenced, there may or may not be more.

The hilly, thick forested and surprisingly under-populated countryside outside the big city of Nagoya, in north-central Japan, is little known to outsiders, even to many Japanese. Practically concealed amid the abundant plant-life of the forest floor is an almost perfectly symmetrical stone pyramid on the slope of Mount Kasagi. It has been precisely crafted from a single massive block of granite weighing an estimated nine tons, althought the surface is unadorned by markings of any kind. No equivalent stone may be found in the immediate vicinity, so moving the heavy block to it's location on the slope of the mountain required transportation skills on a par with it's carving. Not only the surrounding vegetation, but the structure's position in a valley demonstrate it was intended for astronomical purposes.

unmyst3.blogspot.com...

These pyramids are reported to be between 7 and 14 feet wide at the base, and don't appear to have been used for burial. The local people perform a ritual of offering eggs to the snake, or the "spirit of the place". The importance of this is that it is closely related to other ancient mythologies such as egyptian.

www.science-frontiers.com...

In a recent issue of the Ancient Ameri can, Editor F. Joseph presented an intriguing photograph of a precisely sculpted pyramid crouching incongruously amid the thick trees and bushes of Mount Kasagi, in north-central Japan. Being only 7 feet high and 14 feet along its base, this edifice hardly challenges the classical pyramids of Egypt and Mesoamerica. It is, though, skillfully crafted from solid granite -- almost a work of art. Age, sculptors, and purpose seem to be unknown.

Japanese call it a "trigonon." It is not alone, for four more can be found strung along a ridge of Mount Kasagi about 100 meters apart.

I haven't found any additional pictures of the pyramids, but I have noticed that in the second picture, the edge of the pyramid seems a little jagged. This could possibly be a natural rock formation, but it too hard to accurately tell without more information.

I'll continue researching these, and post anything else I can find on them.

edit on 5-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
S+F because it is a cool new topic that I had not heard about yet!

I first saw it, in my American stupidity, and immediately thought that it was a mound like those that the Mississippian culture built in North America. Then I saw it was in Japan.

Probably not the best suited mind for this puzzle, but I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see where it ends up.

Seraph

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just my own personal opinion...it is a natural rock. Not a man made pyramid.

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Looks like an outcrop of rock to me but I await to be amazed

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

very interesting,i wonder what's in it or under it?ya does look like those mound's in the states a little bit...i'm gonna do a lil research on this one.something new to me.thanx

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's what I'm thinking too. There isn't much information on the internet about this. The first article was just released, but the second is alot older. I question whether them being refered to as pyramids is correct or not, so I thought this would be the perfect place to find out if they are real pyramids, or just a natural rock formation. That's what we're here to do.....solve a mystery.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I found another picture:

Interesting....I'm not sure what to think of it. It's probably natural, but it does have a unique quality to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Cool post....
Japan is full of enigmas and mysteries (at least related to the Jomonian period)
Thanks largely to varying water levels as ice ages came and went....

Sidenote: Jomon pottery and sculpture/art is FANTASTIC....
especially during the middle, late, and final Jamon periods (3000 B.C - 300 B.C)

Christosterone.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Could also be drop stones related to glaciation. Be ground along by a glacier might explain some of the grooves they show. They don't appear man-made.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The mountain that these are on is very significant in Japan.
It's rather curious just how important the mountain is.

This is something I found about a 14th century scroll relating to the mountain.
www.emuseum.jp...

Important Cultural Property
Hanging scroll
Ink on paper
Height 30.3cm Width 69.7cm
Kamakura period/14th century
Kyoto National Museum
B甲666

Emperor Hanazono (1297-1348) wrote this letter to his brother Prince Son'en (1298-1356) in the eighth month of 1331 (Genko 1), the day that Emperor Godaigo (1288-1339) made an imperial visit to Mount Kasagi to offer sacred treasures. Recorded are the feelings of surprise and anxiety on matters such as the possible attendants being the courtiers Toin Kintoshi (b. 1292) and Saneyo (1308-58). The phrase, "I am simply dumbfounded", vividly conveys the emperor's bewilderment at the information that was passed down from one messenger to the next as well as the social tension in the time of the Genko Disturbance. Although the content of the missive is filled with shock, his brush is surprisingly composed.

There is an Imperial Japanese Navy ship named for this mountain:
en.wikipedia.org...

Kasagi (笠置?) was the lead ship in the Chitose-class protected cruiser in the Imperial Japanese Navy. It was the sister ship to the Chitose. It should not be confused with the later uncompleted Unryū-class aircraft carrier of the same name, or the Pacific War-era transport Kasuga-maru. It is named after Mount Kasagi, a holy mountain outside Kyoto.

This is really interesting as well. Is seems that some secret knowledge is said to come
from Mount Kasagi.
kaken.nii.ac.jp...

We have researched on the books and oral instruction on 'Mount Ohmine'. Especially we have researched on the book named 'Shozan-Engi'. In the early 13th century, the book was copied by 'Keisei', who was a Buddhist priest from the aristocratic family 'Kujo-ke'. Before it was guessed that the book was simply compiled from various secret documents and oral instruction on 'Mount Ohmine', 'Mount Kazuraki' and 'Mount Kasagi'.

This mountain seems very important. Is there something more to this, or is this just really cool rocks?

communities.anomalies.net...

On the Japanese island of Honsu, five miniature pyramids are strung along a ridge of Mount Kasagi about 100 meters apart. Called trignons by the Japanese, these ancient, precisely sculpted monoliths are about seven feet tall and twelve feet at the base, and, cut from a single block of stone, they look for all the world like the missing capstones for the Egyptian pyramids.

Capstones?......

No.....I don't think so. Go look at the rest of the pictures on this site.
They are cool rocks, but I don't think they are pyramids.

www.gainendesign.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Neato mosquito. That is a pretty cool find. I love reading about things I haven't heard of before.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
I love reading about things I haven't heard of before.

One of the things I love most about the internet is perfectly summarized by you...
Especially as it relates to our lost histories....

Japan, in particular, seems to be wrapped in mystery as its shorelines have changed so much over the eons.
Who is to say what new places we may find in Japanese waters in the coming decades.

-Christosterone

new topics

top topics

join