It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO Secrecy in the 21st Century

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This evening I read an article about UFO secrecy by Dr. Steven Greer. I know the subject of Dr. Greer is quite controversial today and a little taboo, however, the article was thoughtful, well-organized, and nicely summarized UFO secrecy in the 21st century.


The evidence regarding this subject is clear and overwhelming: It has not been difficult to make a compelling case for the reality of UFOs per se. What is a greater challenge is elucidating the architecture of secrecy related to UFOs (see the exposition of this matter contained in the paper entitled "Unacknowledged" by this author). But the greatest challenge is explaining the ‘why'. Why all the secrecy? Why a ‘black' or unacknowledged government within the government? Why hide the UFO/ET subject from public view?



The ‘what' or evidence is complex but manageable. The ‘how' or nature of the secret programs is more difficult, much more complex and Byzantine. But the ‘why' - the reason behind the secrecy'- is the most challenging problem of all. There is not a single answer to this question, but rather numerous inter-related reasons for such extraordinary secrecy


Much of the speculation regarding this issue is not new.


The inescapable fact is this: The disclosure of the ET presence would bring with it the certain release of these technologies -and that release would sweep away the entire technological infrastructure of the planet. The changes would be immense - and sudden.


It's difficult to fathom the selfishness and greed of those who would keep the good of the world secondary to the needs of these few individuals and corporations.


The technological discoveries of the 1950s resulting from the reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial craft could have enabled us to completely transform the world economic, social, technological and environmental situation. That such advancements have been withheld from the public is related to the change-averse nature of the controlling hierarchy at the time - and to this day.


And to summarize...


To understand UFO secrecy you must consider what all that money represents at its core. Power. Massive geo-political power.


UFO Secrecy in the 21st Century




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In my own opinion, the evidence of unexplained ufos flying in our airspace is overwhelming. I also believe that goverments do take the subject seriously, while at the same time, wanting the average joe to not take ufos seriously.

Militery sightings alone, tells you that the governments are lying to us on the subject of ufos.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
In my own opinion, the evidence of unexplained ufos flying in our airspace is overwhelming. I also believe that goverments do take the subject seriously, while at the same time, wanting the average joe to not take ufos seriously.

Militery sightings alone, tells you that the governments are lying to us on the subject of ufos.


You make some great points. The evidence tells us the government and military is impotent against UFO incursions into our airspace.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hmmmh interesting information but i need more information....



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by Jay-morris
In my own opinion, the evidence of unexplained ufos flying in our airspace is overwhelming. I also believe that goverments do take the subject seriously, while at the same time, wanting the average joe to not take ufos seriously.

Militery sightings alone, tells you that the governments are lying to us on the subject of ufos.


You make some great points. The evidence tells us the government and military is impotent against UFO incursions into our airspace.


The evidence is there for all to see. Are we to belive that with all the militery sightings over the last 60 years or so have been ignored by our governments. Many of these cases have many multiple witneses, plus photos and radar evidence. Of course the governments are going to take it seriously, while at the same time, say they are not intrrested.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnkown
hmmmh interesting information but i need more information....


The article is 4 pages long. There is a lot of information contained within. What information are you looking for?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I happen to have a lot of respect for Greer. We may not like every messenger, but you have to be somewhat cognizant of the fact that this guy left his former position as an emergency room doctor to delve into the UFO topic. He has done a lot to awaken others to this phenomenon and to spread the word in an intelligent and systematic way.

We need voices like his.

Okay...here comes the posts telling us that Greer is really a disinfo agent. Or that he charges too much for his weekend workshops.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss
 


Thanks for the reply. I know Greer has been controversial but he make a significant contribution to ufology. I know when I first delved into UFOs The Disclosure Project really opened my imagination to the possibilities of whats beyond our earthly borders.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911


The technological discoveries of the 1950s resulting from the reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial craft could have enabled us to completely transform the world economic, social, technological and environmental situation. That such advancements have been withheld from the public is related to the change-averse nature of the controlling hierarchy at the time - and to this day.


UFO Secrecy in the 21st Century



Who is to say our world hasnt been transformed?
People are living longer thanks in large part to "space age" inventions.
The world is transformed....not to perfection, but transformed nonetheless.....
Whether from E.T. technology or simple human innovation, we have seen advancements unimaginable to pre-1950s society....

Christosterone



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Christosterone
 


All excellent points. We have seen a great deal amount of transformation over the last 50 years. However, as a healthcare professional I can definitely say that living longer is not always a good thing. While it is true that we are living longer today, quality of life has not necessarily improved. We are living longer with multiple diseases like hypertension, COPD, and diabetes. Human life has an expiration on it, that includes our sight and our hearing. People are becoming trapped in their diagnoses. We don't do a fantastic job of taking care of our geriatric populations in the U.S. While there are always exceptions to the rule, living longer hasn't come without its consequences. I kinda feel the same way about some technologies as well. In a society where "texting" and "tweeting" and email have become dominant methods of communicating, people have lost the ability to deal with each other. Simply communicating with one another has taken on a whole new meaning. Everyone is plugged into something it seems. Kids don't know what's it like to "go outside and play" or get dirty. Too much Xbox, Playstation, and Wii.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by Christosterone
 


All excellent points. We have seen a great deal amount of transformation over the last 50 years. However, as a healthcare professional I can definitely say that living longer is not always a good thing. While it is true that we are living longer today, quality of life has not necessarily improved. We are living longer with multiple diseases like hypertension, COPD, and diabetes. Human life has an expiration on it, that includes our sight and our hearing. People are becoming trapped in their diagnoses. We don't do a fantastic job of taking care of our geriatric populations in the U.S. While there are always exceptions to the rule, living longer hasn't come without its consequences. I kinda feel the same way about some technologies as well. In a society where "texting" and "tweeting" and email have become dominant methods of communicating, people have lost the ability to deal with each other. Simply communicating with one another has taken on a whole new meaning. Everyone is plugged into something it seems. Kids don't know what's it like to "go outside and play" or get dirty. Too much Xbox, Playstation, and Wii.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.



First off, I like you and your soapbox

My wife is an ER physician at a Level 1 Trauma center (inner city)....
So you and I are TOTALLY on the same page regarding the medical side of things....

As for the texting, tweeting, etc....,we are again on the same page...
I am still in my thirties (barely) yet feel the need to run out on my lawn and scream at neighborhood kids to "get off my lawn".....metaphorically of


Human interaction, imho, fueled our evolution as social beings by requiring us to band together as climates and terrain saw major, cataclysmic changes......
To be successfully thriving when times got tough in our remote past, we had to suppress our animalistic instints and cooperate.....often with neighboring "tribes"....
And it was in these situations where modern man began his ascension....
Social interactions (of the face to face variety) required understanding, patience, kindness, willingness to be disagree peacefully, and so many more things....
Meanwhile, texting and twittering requires none of the skills we so painstakingly learned over the eons of our development...
And I fear our ability to communicate face to face may have longtermmnegative repurcussions we are yet to even fathom....

I stood on your soapbox putting my soapbox on top


And i gave you a star!!!

-Christosterone
edit on 5-1-2012 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Christosterone
 


Alright! Great response. Congrats to your wife for selecting a tough job! I've worked at two level 1 trauma centers as an RN and flew medevacs as a flight nurse so I can appreciate your point.

But you're absolutely right! Although our technological achievements are awesome, we are losing ourselves in the circuitry of diods and LEDs. Ha ha


I gladly accept your soapbox on top of mine! Stars for you my friend!



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't think the secrecy over UFO's and aliens can exist any longer. America - the worlds super power has just announced nearly $450b worth of military cuts and I'd imagine a sizeable amount of those cuts will be made starting with the black budgets. I could be wrong but its not in the governments interest to withhold information that many American's already know about via websites like this one and insiders from these secret establishments. Hundreds of people can't be lying about what they saw whilst working for the government - its time for them to tell the world the truth!



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I don't think the secrecy over UFO's and aliens can exist any longer. America - the worlds super power has just announced nearly $450b worth of military cuts and I'd imagine a sizeable amount of those cuts will be made starting with the black budgets. I could be wrong but its not in the governments interest to withhold information that many American's already know about via websites like this one and insiders from these secret establishments. Hundreds of people can't be lying about what they saw whilst working for the government - its time for them to tell the world the truth!


The truth from our government would be refreshing, wouldn't it? I hope full disclosure happens in my lifetime but I don't know if it will happen. I still think too many (or too few) people stand too much to lose if full disclosure occurred.

I hope you're right!!



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My belief that we're being visited, or that something extraordinary is going on is bolstered more by the evidence of cover-ups and "force-fit debunks" than by any lights-in-the-sky videos...

This video seems to fit in this thread nicely...




posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
My belief that we're being visited, or that something extraordinary is going on is bolstered more by the evidence of cover-ups and "force-fit debunks" than by any lights-in-the-sky videos...



I hope we discover one day that we are not alone in the universe.
Though I am continually frustrated by all the hoaxes.

I sometimes wonder if when the real "evidence" finally arrives, we will be so conditioned to be skeptical that it may never be accepted.....short of aliens landing on the White House lawn and exclaiming "Greetings Earthlings"...

Btw, i hope that does happen during my lifetime


Cool vid...star for you

-Chris



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Too bad Greer ended up becoming a nutcase, and now much of his stuff is simply unusable as arguments.

Even the parts of it that are solid.

Secrecy is easy these days. The stigma attached to the subject combined with the all out authority of anything for national security pretty much makes it a slam dunk to easily tighten a lid over a UFO event.



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RigZoomAlaska
Secrecy is easy these days. The stigma attached to the subject combined with the all out authority of anything for national security pretty much makes it a slam dunk to easily tighten a lid over a UFO event.


Truer words have never been spoken....

It is so ironic that our amazing ability to communicate in the modern age has actually made it harder to validate events.

And with so many seeking only the limelight and/or money, the truth has become a casualty....

Sadly, as I said above, there may one day be some sort of "real" evidence which presents. And said evidence will most likely be met with derision and strife....
Short of them taking over our broadcast signals and saying "Hello, World!!!!"....

Great post...star para tu'

-Chris



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What the hell do you want from your government.
The best plan of action for them right now is to say nothing, despite the evidence regarding this subject being clear and overwhelming.
Anyone in power faced with the same issues would do the same. Most people are more interested in their daily life's then to worry about the possibility of et knocking on their door and with absolutely no idea why they are calling.
What with the global economic crises, you want to throw the UFO story into the arena as well.
Man our life's are complicated enough at the moment without wishing to complicate it even more.

We know they are there and I am sure they will know the right time to ring the door without us shouting for it

IMHO...



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottozia
What the hell do you want from your government.
The best plan of action for them right now is to say nothing, despite the evidence regarding this subject being clear and overwhelming.
Anyone in power faced with the same issues would do the same. Most people are more interested in their daily life's then to worry about the possibility of et knocking on their door and with absolutely no idea why they are calling.
What with the global economic crises, you want to throw the UFO story into the arena as well.
Man our life's are complicated enough at the moment without wishing to complicate it even more.

We know they are there and I am sure they will know the right time to ring the door without us shouting for it

IMHO...





1.) "What the hell do you want from your government?"

For starters...to do what they are paid to do. And the truth would be nice, although a major stretch for any politician.

2.) "The best plan of action for them right now is to say nothing..."

I don't believe it is the best plan of action. What do you base this on?

3.) "What with the global economic crises, you want to throw the UFO story into the arena as well..."

The world is in this global economic crisis because our governments lie to us, rape us, poison us, rob us, steal from us, kill us, send us to war to fuel an economic construct that doesn't trickle down to the average citizen but stays in the hands of the elite few. The U.S. government knows the secrets of free energy or zero point energy because of reversed UFO technology, but instead of using it to better humanity they kept it secret, festering our reliance & dependence on fossil fuels.

The time to wake up and call them out is now! How long will you remain asleep?

Dr. Steven Greer...Free Energy

UFO Hacker...

Gov-military Suppression...

Free Energy, UFO Research...



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join