It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's tomb becomes a shrine for Iraqi pilgrims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Even if Saddam's regime wasnt a dream for many Iraqis, extremely many found it sustainable and believe hundreds of thousands had to die from the US-led wars and the embargo because the United States wanted control over Iraqi oil. For those, the Martyr Saddam's alledged Tomb has become a shrine for pilgrimage.

infos.netscape.fr...

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
yeah right!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So they like Saddam better? Pfft! They can have him!

I'm so sick of these reports. I have seen very few that don't somehow take a stance on the war.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The main question for Iraq is how to rule it from now. I dont think an american puppet will do the job, first because he has no legimtimacy, second because the people wont be really happy being forced to buy american or to privatize the oil industry. The UN should be the ruling authority until something like democracy is installed...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You used democracy and the UN in the same sentence. You do have a sense of humor after all.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
May i know why you see the UN as a non-democratic institution ? The UN is one country one vote, and it is supported by 180 countries in the world. Furthermore, the UN as such has no financial interests in Iraq, it's neutral with respect to the Baath/US controversy, and has international legitimacy. It wont privatize the Iraqi oil without a democratic Iraqi decision and it will leave the management of the country to the will of the Iraqi people. Is there a better institution than the UN to foster a fair and durable democratic change in Iraq ? and if yes, what is it ?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow, I never knew the UN was such a powerful and fair entity. I guess thats egg on my face huh? By all means, let them have at it.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

top topics

join