It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Colorado woman punches, rubs her buttocks against $30 million painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"It doesn't appear she urinated on the painting or that the urine damaged it, so she's not being charged with that," Kimbrough said according to the Denver Post.

"You have to wonder where her friends were," said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the Denver District Attorney's Office.

the suspect was apparently drunk at the time

is this a new form of art criticism?
i'm not the biggest fan of clyfford still's stuff, so i found this story hilarious.

i guess everyone is a critic nowadays.

seriously, though, i'm not advocating that everybody do this. and ultimately de gustibus non est disputandum, i suppose. this reminds me of some kind of performance art that jeff koons might commission!

here is the defiled piece:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The bigger question is why this is valued at $30M--it is absurd.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
1. What makes that mess worth 30 Million?

2. Why is a 30 Million dollar painting not protected more?

3. What is a 30 Million dollar painting doing in Colorado?

4. If someone can value this at 30 Million, they can at least use the word "Ass" instead of "Buttocks"

Peace

edit on 5-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ats777jed
The bigger question is why this is valued at $30M--it is absurd.

YESSS!!! perhaps she had the same opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

jude, many many of your stars have come from me and it's obvious why that is- you are able to sum up what many people think and feel but might not be able to so eloquently say. great questions, first thing i wondered was why this "artwork" wasn't better protected.
however, i've been to the MOMA in SF many many times and often i would touch works that i was especially fond of, just so i could say i did. i have learned to have more respect now but it is possible to get close to these works of art at museums, and usually they are just loosely roped off far enough so you can't touch them at arm's length.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I think my cats could have painted a better picture
using paintbrushes tied to their tails.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

jude, many many of your stars have come from me and it's obvious why that is- you are able to sum up what many people think and feel but might not be able to so eloquently say. great questions, first thing i wondered was why this "artwork" wasn't better protected.
however, i've been to the MOMA in SF many many times and often i would touch works that i was especially fond of, just so i could say i did. i have learned to have more respect now but it is possible to get close to these works of art at museums, and usually they are just loosely roped off far enough so you can't touch them at arm's length.

I never knew that I was considered "Eloquent"

Many here would argue but I thank you.

I know that a lot of art is accessible but I have never seen paintings within finger reach, let alone an entire ass!

So is her butt worth a little more because of all that expensive paint on it? Could she lie down on a canvas, slide that butt around and sell it as "$30,000,000 Butt Art"?

oooh...so many questions!

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I always rub my butt on pieces of fine art. Don't you? Oh.... you don't?

I had to LOL at the thread title. What in the world got into this woman????
edit on 5-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
below is a picture of one of the galleries at the SF MOMA. in the back of this pic you can see a rothko painting. this painting (No. 14) is a pretty big deal but it's just there, accessible.

i remember going to see an exhibit in the 90s, i think it might have been a jasper johns exhibit, at the MOMA and the paintings were actually kind of cordoned off a few feet from the public. you could still touch them if you wanted.

but most of it is like the pic below and totally accessible. i touched marcel duchamp's 'the fountain' once. that might be funny to, like, two people on ats. but, yup, i touched it.

i have no idea what it would be worth, but here's a rothko in the SF MOMA (you can see 'the fountain' in the foreground left
):

edit on 1/5/12 by godWhisperer because: comma

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I was wondering...

If you are so drunk that you are peeing your pants and rubbing your butt on things...... what are you doing in a museum?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Never thought about that but you're right.

Should be in a McDonald's.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

[color=deepskyblue]Or a Walmart

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]I was wondering...

If you are so drunk that you are peeing your pants and rubbing your butt on things...... what are you doing in a museum?

Oh my after years of being an ATS member, I've never noticed that you can change the text colors.
weEe!
I guess they were serving alcohol at the museum.
But wait a minute! What about the oreos?

edit on 12-1-2012 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join