It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Splits In Two? (filmed December 29th)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Found this pretty interesting video.

The video was filmed on December 29th, somewhere in Australia. The video is shot in night vision and appears to show a UFO splitting into two.

Personally I think the 'ufo' appears in shot rather than splits off of the other.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

ALS

ETA: also found this Before its news article.

edit on 5-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think you are right it appears as if it is entirely separate from the first UFO and pops out of no where. This is some really good footage. Not only was a object captured witch is moving at a high speed but you have a similar object apare out of no where and make the same type of maneuvers.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Might be a Ufo. Its hard to realise if it actually is.
We need to think of the rules of physics and the speed of light since it plays a majour part in this video. Maybe its something that is further away and just managed to appear since the speed of light was more slower.Therefore the object was further away.Well thats what i think anyway. Hopefully I'm making sence. Its a bit late and sorry about bad spelling as usual guys

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I'm only seeing fuzzy dots.

Are they supposed to be UFO's?

They could be anything, at nearly any distance, even insects or birds.

Or fuzzy dots on a screen.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I love it! I absolutely loved this one. Thanks OP

However, that didn't split into two as in the way we know of things splitting in two. Because if you watch carefully, that second object just manifests out of thin air.

We've seen this occur hundreds of times on countless NASA video footage so the question begs to be asked: What exactly are we seeing?

And this is one of those 'rare' cases where we can't possibly have any answer so any answers that are given, will be: speculation, dribble or denial.

Excellent video!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I can't see them being bugs. Bugs tend to be erratic, these object move in a straight line. Birds, maybe. But until they have been identified they remain UFOs.

ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For comparison here some birds filmed in nightvision.

The birds fly in a similar fashion but the do seem more clumsy (sorry couldn't think of a better word) than the UFOs in the OP. Also the birds seem far fainter than in the original.

ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The second object appears at 1:01, before the first object reaches what at first appears to be the intersection of the two paths.

My bet is on satellites, which are visible due to sunlight reflecting off them. The second object is not visible, until it comes out of the shadow of the earth, which is near the plane of the first object.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
For comparison here some birds filmed in nightvision.

The birds fly in a similar fashion but the do seem more clumsy (sorry couldn't think of a better word) than the UFOs in the OP. Also the birds seem far fainter than in the original.

ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Here is some more nightvision footage showing a satellite.

In this video though the satellite appears alot slower than our UFOs . Could be that the originally footage is zoomed in closer, hence the UFOs cover a smaller portion of sky.

But how do you know earths shadow is where you say? Surely if it was the first UFO would disappear from sight when the second appears.

ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
But how do you know earths shadow is where you say? Surely if it was the first UFO would disappear from sight when the second appears.

I don't know. I am merely speculating, which is all anyone can do, with the evidence at hand. However, it makes perfect sense to me that if the first object is a satellite, visible due to the reflection, that the second, traveling in a perpendicular path, would become visible once to crossed the plane of the first.

In other words, if the shadow of the earth covers the lower, left third of the sky, it permits the first object to be visible throughout its path, while concealing the second, until it moves out of the shadow, on the plane of the first.

I'm probably not explaining that very clearly, but imagine a line from about 10 o'clock to about 5 o'clock, with the shadow covering everything from that line and the entire south-western area.

ETA: Also, I've witnessed on numerous occasions, satellites traveling on perfect perpendicular paths.
edit on 5-1-2012 by WTFover because: Added last line

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just another theory here:

The meteor shower known a the coma berenices peaks every year from Dec 20-29...
If this video is indeed from Dec 29, it would be falling right in that window.

coma berenices

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Meteors, maybe but unlikely. First because of the brightnest I would imagine meteors to be alot brighter. Also time, meteors tend only to last for a few seconds before they 'burn up' . As you can see the UFOs in the video last alot longer (the first one atleast).

ETA: oh and meteors have tails.

ALS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sorry OP, this is not me having a go at you, just some observations.

-Why the fancy intro to the video? If I witnessed a UFO, I'd just post the raw material.

- Why the ad's for money to help the project etc? What project? It's just a guy filming through his telescope right?

-The guy who's filming through his telescope, just so happens to run off and "get some batteries and his pointer" at an inoppurtune moment-was this an attempt to make the film "real"? Or an attempt to excuse why the telescope is pointing in one direction for so long? Afterall, if you're just starting out in video editing, you need a static background, movement makes the editing so much harder?

-Who was he talking to? Why the need to address the camera? was he expecting to have an audience after filming?

-Was he really filming himself, to then watch back later on? Is this when he noticed the 'UFO'? So he was gonna watch a video of himself, watching the stars that he'd already just watched in real life? Or did he sit someone down and say "I have a great movie to watch!" and thus he see's for the first time, his captured on film 'UFO'?

-Where is the rest of the footage. I'd have liked to have seen some more. What happened when he got his batteries and pointer?

All this makes the film and the motive a little fishy for my liking. If someone was going to perpetrate a hoax, 2 indistinguishable white dots, on a night vision green backdrop, would be a perfect place to start. Just saying...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

EDIT:

AustralianPhenomena 's You Tube page: www.youtube.com...

"Alexi & Dylan are 2 people who can contact UFO's to appear by using Telepathy and other methods, once they appear we film them.

We skywatch and call for them most nights so videos will be uploaded very often! (Unless we are having camera problems) so if you are interested in the E.T's then please Subscribe!

Wish to know more?... Join our FaceBook Fan Page ( in the website bar above ). and chat to us, add your ufo videos and tell your story! Come on guys, lets start a community here. Full of UFO-Maniacs! =D

www.tubelist.co.cc...
Please click on the link to help support us in becoming more recognised!

Wᴇ Wᴀɴᴛ Tʜᴇ Tʀᴜᴛʜ! "

Taken from the left hand side description. Interesting!

edit on 5-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

AustralianPhenomena 's You Tube page: www.youtube.com...

"Alexi & Dylan are 2 people who can contact UFO's to appear by using Telepathy and other methods, once they appear we film them.

We skywatch and call for them most nights so videos will be uploaded very often! (Unless we are having camera problems) so if you are interested in the E.T's then please Subscribe!

Wish to know more?... Join our FaceBook Fan Page ( in the website bar above ). and chat to us, add your ufo videos and tell your story! Come on guys, lets start a community here. Full of UFO-Maniacs! =D

Hmm I never saw that, certainly seems a bit fishy.

I'm going to try to contact the video makers.

ALS
edit on 6-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Interesting footage, despite the questionable style of the source and the usual negative comments.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Just another theory here:

The meteor shower known a the coma berenices peaks every year from Dec 20-29...
If this video is indeed from Dec 29, it would be falling right in that window.

coma berenices

Theory? Only if you apply sci-fi magic to that theory.

How in the world can bits of meteors go off in different directions? There is an Universal Law out there and even though we haven't figured it out, I think we're smart enough to at least deduce theories though.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Excellent! Let us know what they say!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That object does NOT split in two. It could be two satellites simply crossing each other the gap between then could be tens of miles if not hundreds.

In my opinion this is not a UFO.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
The second object appears at 1:01, before the first object reaches what at first appears to be the intersection of the two paths.

My bet is on satellites, which are visible due to sunlight reflecting off them. The second object is not visible, until it comes out of the shadow of the earth, which is near the plane of the first object.

Yes, I would tend to agree that satellites are most likely what we are seeing in this video.

The one "appearing out of nowhere" just emerged from the earth's shadow and therefore became visible once illuminated by the sun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join