It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland Mountain rescue team films UFO on Dashboard Cam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted already, I couldn't find it anywhere when I searched for it. Here is what I know so far regarding this incident. The short video, filmed in a car driving along a snowy road in foggy conditions, shows two bright lights moving quickly across the sky. The YouTube user says that the video was shot on a dashboard-mounted camera by a Scottish mountain rescue team.

UFO in Scotland

UFO definately spotted in Scotland

edit on 5-1-2012 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
seeing how they were inside a moving vehicle that is surrounded by glass, at dusk, with other objects around them (cars) with headlights on...

This is definitely a UFO and NOT a reflection..

Next!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EngineerGuY

If a car hadn't been passing by at that very moment, I'd say it this is quite interesting...

Doesn't mean it is not an unidentified object streaking through the sky, but a safe assumption would be the headlights from the on-coming car...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
fake, or camera lens,

or, where's the explosion of anything else hitting the floor..

link   
Reflection on the windscreen. It also happens just as the car coming from the opposite direction passes so to me it looks like the oncoming cars headlights reflected off of something in the rescue vehicle and back onto the window,

No UFO's here I'm afraid.

link   
So this isn't immediately recognizable as the reflection of the oncoming car's headlights? Really?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Seems to me that it surely isn't a reflection, as the colors don't match the headlights of other vehicles. Other investigators have given their 2 cents worth in the 2 articles I linked to as well, and they also seem to think it's unidentified as well. Very odd to say the least.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Light reflections.
meh

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY
Seems to me that it surely isn't a reflection, as the colors don't match the headlights of other vehicles. Other investigators have given their 2 cents worth in the 2 articles I linked to as well, and they also seem to think it's unidentified as well. Very odd to say the least.

Why would the reflection match the colour of the headlights? What colour is the object that the light is reflecting off of? You can't see it. It's out of shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Others make the point that an earlier car passing the camera does not make such a reflection, and point out other inconsistencies with the theory, including "If it's lens flare, how come the lower blue light goes under the light to the top?"

The blue light going "under" the light to the top could be simply explained by a matter of perspective. Rotating two lights on an angle can make the nearer (one moving less distance) appear to move a longer distance.

Because the lights only appear close to the car, and exit with them in synch, I believe it to be a lensing issue. Maybe someone else can break down the mechanics...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh, no. Not this bad CGI crap again! I don't know how anybody who is even the tiniest bit familiar with similar videos can not recognize this as CGI. Really. Ugh.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you pause the video at around 15 seconds, you can clearly see that each light, is actually two lights, and two reflections, definetly from the car passing, you can see the headlights,
Camera's when taken apart, have multiple lens's inside them, some concave, some convex. This phenomena can probably explain away about 98% of all UFO related videos, still there are those that are just unexplainable.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Oh, no. Not this bad CGI crap again! I don't know how anybody who is even the tiniest bit familiar with similar videos can not recognize this as CGI. Really. Ugh.

That is the first thing that came to mind with me as well. With the only exception being it came from a dashboard cam from a mountain rescue crew. I am interested to see them come forward as it really looks like more of a CGI thing to me, at least more than a reflection!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
seeing how they were inside a moving vehicle that is surrounded by glass, at dusk, with other objects around them (cars) with headlights on...

This is definitely a UFO and NOT a reflection..

Next!

You my friend have complete mastery of the art of sarcasm!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Not a ufo...sorry.. a fake...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would have to say that it is the reflection from the oncoming headlights but, if you notice, the bottom light seems to be traveling faster than the top light. I still say it's reflection though because as soon as the vehicle passes the lights disappear.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Reflection on the windscreen. It also happens just as the car coming from the opposite direction passes so to me it looks like the oncoming cars headlights reflected off of something in the rescue vehicle and back onto the window,

No UFO's here I'm afraid.

And that seems to be the conclusion of most of the comments on the video.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

thank you! and if we're wrong about the cgi, then i vote reflection as the "UFO" lights are not emitting light on the surrounding area OUTSIDE the vehicle. Why wouldn't they reflect off the oncoming car?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes this was posted a few days ago.

I did a Search for "Scotland Mountain rescue team films UFO" and it was number 2 in the list

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most people in the original thread think its just light reflection.

edit on 5-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

IMO , if it was a UFO or meteors it would have crashed in the ditch beside the road judging by the way it was headed and caused the rescue vehicle to stop ? Like everyone else is saying reflection .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join