It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristy Bamu 'murdered over witch claim' in Newham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Kristy Bamu 'murdered over witch claim' in Newham

www.bbc.co.uk

A 15-year-old boy was tortured and drowned by his sister and her boyfriend because they believed he was a witch, the Old Bailey has heard.

Kristy Bamu, from Paris, was found dead in Newham, east London, on Christmas Day in 2010.

The boy had 101 injuries and died from being beaten with a metal bar and drowning, the court heard.

His sister Magalie Bamu and her boyfriend, Eric Bikubi, both Congolese and aged 28, of Newham, deny murder.

Prosecutors told jurors of acts they described as "depraved", "wicked" and "cruel".

Mr Bikubi admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminish
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In an area near the London Olympic stadium, a 15 year old boy has been beaten to the point of fatigue and then drowned by his sister and her partner because they thought he was a witch.

Both were Congolese.

This news was buried on the English news rather than UK news on the BBC News site. I find this unusual in view of the public interest in the story and would have put it on a par with the Stephen Lawrence case which headlined the BBC News this week.

I believe that the BBC has a hidden agenda:
1. To under report black on black crime.
2. To make martyrs of blacks killed by whites but not vice-versa .
3. To bury any bad news affecting the Olympic Games.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is positively mediaeval

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

A sad story indeed. The title made me look up, thinking "This can't be so, in the 21st century in the UK", then I read it was a Congolese pair that did it. Unfortunately there is still much superstition in some of the African countries. As an example, I think it was Tanzania where black albino's were considered "special". So special that some people would chop a hand off as a good luck charm.

It is showing up for me in the UK listings by the way. 2nd story from the top now.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I believe that the BBC has a hidden agenda:
1. To under report black on black crime.
2. To make martyrs of blacks killed by whites but not vice-versa .

What would be the motive behind such a "hidden agenda"? And what makes you think such an agenda exists?

edit on 5-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Motive: to avoid media/public analysis of the failure of "multicultural" England which was an experiment based on rapid uncontrolled immigration. Even Conman the Prime Minister says multiculture has failed.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Such an analysis would show how disunited England has become despite English politicians/local councillors droning on about "community" with every inter/intra racial event.

Belief: From reading/watching/listening to media reports for several years and comparing these to stories that are readily available from the people on the streets of England (witnesses).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

But surely by making "martyrs of blacks killed by whites" they would be doing the opposite of trying to avoid "media/public analysis of the failure of "multicultural" England which was an experiment based on rapid uncontrolled immigration".

edit on 5-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Black martyrdom in the media

Probably the crassest attempt at subliminally telling the indigenous English "accept or else". The indigenous English were generally regarded as ungovernable. However the media/computers have rendered them docile.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Don Like the freedom in England.
Then dont come to england.
we have witches and satanists.
tell the world, it may stop them coming here.

how huch torcher did it take to get them to say they are witches?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Bamu`s murder has come only 4 weeks after a white boy was murdered by having his throat slashed on his own front door step by a group of blacks in the same area - Newham.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The BBC as usual did not report that the murderers were black.

Newham is the area in East London where the Olympic Stadium was built. No wonder security costs are sky-high and VIPs are using government BMWs for transport at great expense.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Incredibly sad story, I just read it in the newspaper (Daily Mirror...) and was compelled to come and see if it had been posted on ATS.

It's sickening to think that this sort of thing still goes on in this day and age in places local to me. I'm in the UK, a few hours from London. I fully expected to finish reading the article and find out that it took place in a third world country stricken by poverty and driven by superstition. Then to find out it was in fact in London not far from the Olympic Stadium, I felt an even greater depression over the story.

I also found it strange that it was only located on page number 16 in the newspaper, and that was only a small portion of the page.
I've taken a picture of the page HERE, just to illustrate how it has been reported.

Maybe it will garner more focus in the coming days, who knows. I'm not sure there's a hidden agenda here, the only way I can see it benefiting anyone is the police. If the black community are constantly made into martyrs by the media, then the police's aggression and discrimination against blacks in the UK can continue under the guise that nothing is wrong or really happening. We know the power of mainstream media to condition people's thinking.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Was this murder related to religion? Why else would they care if this kid were a sorcerer or witch or whatever? Maybe he read to much "Harry Potter", played too much "D&D" or listened to too much "Judas Priest" for their tastes...
Hey, if a 2000 year old collection of writings say he must die, then so be it. Ugh

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Was listening to BBC Radio 2 & 4 online today and both stations were reporting this on every news hour!

new topics

top topics

join