It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama prepared to share missile shield secrets with Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah that's gonna go over well with the military brass... NOT.

OBAMA TO SHARE SECRETS

President Obama signaled Congress this week that he is prepared to share U.S. missile defense secrets with Russia.

In the president’s signing statement issued Saturday in passing into law the fiscal 2012 defense authorization bill, Mr. Obama said restrictions aimed at protecting top-secret technical data on U.S. Standard Missile-3 velocity burnout parameters might impinge on his constitutional foreign policy authority.

As first disclosed in this space several weeks ago, U.S. officials are planning to provide Moscow with the SM-3 data, despite reservations from security officials who say that doing so could compromise the effectiveness of the system by allowing Russian weapons technicians to counter the missile. The weapons are considered some of the most effective high-speed interceptors in the U.S. missile defense arsenal.

There are also concerns that Russia could share the secret data with China and rogue states such as Iran and North Korea to help their missile programs defeat U.S. missile defenses.

Dude really? What about you don't deploy the stinking missile shield up's Russia's butt instead?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And there you have it, Russia has been bought of with this "Shield Tech" for the coming Iran war.
I now expect the war to start with in the next couple of months tops

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Its not about technology, its about who controls the shield. Something tells me that Russia wont be too responsive.

More nickel-and-diming from the American Gov't.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not sure what this means, but it certainly seems to be a step in the right direction, obviously signaling to the russians the U.S want to be friends, rather than enemies. Might be a diplomatic move, if nothing more.

One need to understand what actions leads to war, and what actions leads to peace. Putting that missile shield up in the first place was certainly one of the former, while giving this data would be an action of the latter variety.

Brainy move, this in my mind is far more important than having more muscle.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He did the same by telling the Russians Britians Nuke secrets.

I am at the point now of just rolling my eyes and saying< "Wow!...really!?"

In days gone past he would have been tried as a Traitor.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Haven’t we always been friends with the Russians though? I mean granted it does seem like we have had a love hate relationship in the past years, but it seems like we can still tolerate one another to the point where we aren’t bombing each other. The only thing we have done was get into verbal conflicts about disagreements, but none that went too far. Besides when you have the Russians on your side it expands the military strategy playbook.
edit on 5-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

You and others have been making endless predictions for war for months. Nothing has transpired. War mongers have been confounded. It's all so predictable. In a couple of months Iran will still be whining and threatening instant death on anyone who so much as looks at them disrespectfully. Peace will remain.

This is probably an astute move by the US. The stated aim of the missile shield is to protect against missiles coming from other nations and not from Russia. Therefore, what's the problem if Russia has an idea of what the missile shield can do. They probably know anyway.

Regards

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by rigel4

You and others have been making endless predictions for war for months. Nothing has transpired. War mongers have been confounded. It's all so predictable. In a couple of months Iran will still be whining and threatening instant death on anyone who so much as looks at them disrespectfully. Peace will remain.

This is probably an astute move by the US. The stated aim of the missile shield is to protect against missiles coming from other nations and not from Russia. Therefore, what's the problem if Russia has an idea of what the missile shield can do. They probably know anyway.

Regards

It's almost more predictable than the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just throwing a ball from left field here....

what if this missile shield isnt targeted at any country on this planet, but is a cover for a global defensive shield against an extra terrestrial threat that may be posed against us?

Just like Reagans speech 20 odd years ago - "How soon we would forget our differences should a common extraterrestrial enemy attack us", or words to that effect.

Allowing the Russian into the deal now, would surely mean that they are desperate, they didnt want the Russians to until the time was almost close. Now the time is approaching and they HAVE to let them know what going on.

The global military buildup going on the last few decades could all be externally targeted.

Might be hard to beleive, but its not impossible.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Just throwing a ball from left field here....

what if this missile shield isnt targeted at any country on this planet, but is a cover for a global defensive shield against an extra terrestrial threat that may be posed against us?

How does one target a Defensive Missile shield at anyone?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You mean the secret fake secrets that the gullible Russians will accept as the real secrets?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

yes this is ridiculous but think about it, do you really think he would be authorized to share this if it was so important? my guess is that they have far superior tech currently available than that and they are sharing something which is essentially unimportant to there national security. There is no way he would just tell them something of that magnitude if it really was a key player in there arsenal

or... maybe i'm wrong and he is just a full blown plank

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is it Defensive only in name and really offensive in nature?

How do we know what is really being deployed other than what we are told?

Cold be state of the art rail guns or lasers or go knows what?

And defensive out towards space not towards Russia.....just throwing hypotheticals around. We truly dont know the magnitude or the tech involved......

I just think that theres more to it than whats being reported and opening up to the Russians could be to get them on side and support this Earth Protecting Shield.

Fortress Earth anyone?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I swear Obama is doing everything he can before he gets kicked out of office, to destroy this country.

Interesting ...
Russians aim new missiles at our troops ...
Gateway

Despite giving away nuclear secrets and implementing a policy of appeasement, the Russians announced in November that they will deploy new missiles aimed at U.S. missile defense sites.

top topics

join