It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum's Super Pac Hires Hill Vet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One of the things that interested me in reading about Santorum was the discovery that he's now being backed by a PAC with a lot of money to spend. They've brought on board an experienced capitol hill advisor who worked for Tom DeLay for the battle in the next three states.

They've spent over half a million dollars in Iowa.

With the media focused on Romney, this particular tidbit went ignored during the Iowa run up.

The big guns behind this is Foster Freiss

They've got a message that will resonate with a lot of folks, particularly in South Carolina:

In the days before this week's Iowa caucus, the Red White and Blue Fund began doing a rash of media buys on Iowa TV stations, running ads touting Santorum as a "dedicated defender of the unborn" and "a resolute leader of the fight against radical Islam" ending with the words, "Rick Santorum, a real conservative America can trust."

It's beginning to look like a "More Conservative Than Thou" race, which could get ugly and brutal. The fund's website is here rwbfund.com... and you can see their ad with its lovingly photoshopped images floating in and out as the announcer says in a soothing voice that Rick is going to protect us. The photo for "protect against radical Islam is interesting... I believe that's Islamic protestors for freedom in Lybia (an Islamic state) they're showing but I could be wrong. More amusing is their darkening of Barack Obama's skin tone (just in case anyone happened to miss the fact that his father's Black, donchaknow.)

I'm not sure how well the "radical Islam" scare will work in New Hampshire, but it has possibilities for bringing an uptick in his numbers in South Carolina and possibly Florida. Gingrich is still crashing, but Santorum is getting closer to Ron Paul's numbers.

Five days till the runoff. I wonder if there's enough time for full-tilt brutality or if they'll save the real wave of nastiness for Super Tuesday runs.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Looking at the New Hampshire numbers, it appears that Ron Paul is losing numbers while Santorum is gaining them. There's just one poll and it was two days ago. -- we'll see if there's polls tomorrow.

No new polls have been run in Florida or South Carolin (reported on RealClearPolitics).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The only thing I can't figure out is where you got that Ron Paul is losing numbers. In every poll I've seen, he is gaining. Santorum admittedly has climbed well also. It appears he is taking away from Gingrich however, not Ron Paul.

I am surprised that Santorum has a Super Pac now. He will need it since his supporters aren't meeting his goals. Not to be rude or anything, just saying. Romney is about to unload on him, Perry just released an ad against him. He won't last long. He is in favor of bombing Iran and the majority of Americans don't want any more wars.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just Googled Santorum to see what would come up...here it is:

Something to be said for the second site!

So as far as Sanotum's Super Pac...well I think it belongs in the second sites definition!

edit on 5-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Perry's going to rip him apart. Romney also will focus on ripping Santorum to shreds. In the end it will be Romney and Paul.

top topics

join