It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anxious Philosophy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Dude, you either don't have a great grasp of english, are extremely lazy about communication, or are smoking too much , because I can never make any sense out of what you write. And I'm used to "far out there" philosophers- my dad is a professor of Philosophy..... but you just don't know how to communicate your ideas. So I'll just toast to you and say, "Cheers". Whateva.....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

obviously u got my point straight so all ur useless words were just there to prove my point too, u have no relation at all with what ur dad thoughts, while the image of dad u use there i obviously clear too for everyone here
ur dad is not least related to philosophy well in that sense u r like him yes

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

professor of philosophy is not philosopher, like critic of art is not an art

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think you have to remove yourself from the equation...or question of self you wish to impose.....giving yourself too much importance in your mind leads one to never "disconnect".....see the bigger picture.....

I think the anxiety you suffer.....IMO....is based on the fact of a fear of losing yourself.....

like jumping head first off a cliff in to a beautiful ocean and just before you splash in....while the oceans mist is upon your face....the bungee cord you are still tethered to yanks you back up......

the reverse of that free falling feeling is much worse.....in this analogy....because you see not where you are going....in fact you only see that thing you wished to engulf yourself in getting farther and farther away.....

you have to cut yourself loose.....no safety cord.....just jump in....that much you have covered.....but don't try and hold onto anything as you do make that leap of faith......let it be as the air you pass through on your way down....

Follow your own shadow into the rabbit hole.....but seek a universal light that breaks the darkness of your cave....if you do in fact want a way back out......

edit on 6-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Sometimes i go with it but sometimes I really feel stuck in the bell jar :| and no amount of positive thinking changes it until it wears off. I don't get the out of proportion feeling so much, but i often get the feeling when walking that I am shrinking, lol it's so weird I honestly feel like I shrink a good few feet. That freaks me out a bit but I get used to it, I have never been to a doctor about it so was not really aware of the chemicals that do it, but I i will have a read. Have you heard of Alice in Wonderland syndrome? This might be related to things being out of proportion and my shrinking, it makes an interesting read.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
It's always seemed to me that philosophy is more an exercise in mental gymnastics than a path to discovering truth. In fact, it disengages you from the search for truth in a way) you end up giving up on the possibility that we can actually KNOW the truth. You can explore different theories on the truth, you can make up your own, but faith that your philosophy, or anyone elses is "The Truth"? Eh....that just slips away......

it is obviously clear how u mean the truth being everything knowledge, which prove how u dont have the least grasp on philosophy studies

philosophy works are exclusively theories about existing awareness fact being true or illusion

the seek for truth is about constancy searching through absolute concept objectively existing any certainty fact that confirm free sense existence truly despite being out of all

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

professor of philosophy is not philosopher, like critic of art is not an art

Whatever. He has authored many books of his own philosophy, lectures around the world, and has been head of the humanities division of a University for many years....but anyone can be a philosopher, none of that matters. I only mentioned it because I grew up trying to wrap my head around all kinds of complex and strange concepts and still was able to grasp what they intended to communicate- You I cannot. That makes me think it might not be my "inability to think outside the box", but rather your written communication skills in english.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You have had what I call an a-ha moment. Congratulations. The anxious feeling comes from the fact that a truth was revealed to you. This is not a bad thing, it is a very humbling expereince. When we are seeking answers and a truth is revealed it is like looking at the world through a new set of eyes. Keep going , you are on the right path and your spiritual nature has alerted your physical nature. That anxious feeling was your spiritual validation, embrace it, learn it and live it. I can guarantee that if you look hard enough in just your daily routine you will find additional confirmation of this truth. Look for both the inner and outer connections and more will come, you can not deny the truth to your spirit, because the truth has found you. Safe passage.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

...your written communication skills in english.

here again u prove how u have no connection with any philosophical skills, how philosophy is exclusively out of individual true free senses that will never look to anything if it is not certain
while u do the opposite u conclude smthg from not seeing any

u can type pages about ur father lecture and ur times reading philosophy, it doesnt change a thing to the fact that u r not related at all to philosophy skills

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
and philosophy can b anything but never communication, which again show the deformation of it in ur mind

philosphical ramblings know the most how any realization is to absolute truth object, so focusing always exclusively on being the free sense one out of its true perspectives

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

...your written communication skills in english.

here again u prove how u have no connection with any philosophical skills, how philosophy is exclusively out of individual true free senses that will never look to anything if it is not certain
while u do the opposite u conclude smthg from not seeing any

u can type pages about ur father lecture and ur times reading philosophy, it doesnt change a thing to the fact that u r not related at all to philosophy skills

And you can go and on with this gobllygook of bad english with no grammar or even spelling, and still no one will understand what you mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

so u r everyone now? again any sentence u make confirm from u how u r never an individual, and ur secret way to get to be from thinking having social skills is totally fake too

anyway, u cant invent what is not about others, i never wrote anything of myself to get that kind of reply, anything i typed exactly like my first comment on ur post, is always concerning what another said so there is nothing to understand but u, so in a way i am the one that allow others to understand u

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I think that the concept of motion being an illusion, is an illusion. We get caught up thinking that motion is an illusion with this paradox, without realizing that this notion is in on of itself an illusion....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

when truth is freedom then motion is all what is, but also since all is in motion then reality still is all objective as same, it is the abstraction of sameness motion that allow objective motion fact to exist

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown

Sometimes i go with it but sometimes I really feel stuck in the bell jar :| and no amount of positive thinking changes it until it wears off. I don't get the out of proportion feeling so much, but i often get the feeling when walking that I am shrinking, lol it's so weird I honestly feel like I shrink a good few feet. That freaks me out a bit but I get used to it, I have never been to a doctor about it so was not really aware of the chemicals that do it, but I i will have a read. Have you heard of Alice in Wonderland syndrome? This might be related to things being out of proportion and my shrinking, it makes an interesting read.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes! That's what I am referring to when I say things feel out of proportion. Even when I was a very young child, before I had all this anxiety, I would get that AIWS. Sometimes I'd get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night while I was really sleep and as I sat there, I would feel as though everything in the room was very large. The funny (or crazy) thing is, whenever I experience this phenomenon, my thoughts usually undergo the same symptoms. If I think about something or someone, it'll be very large or small or out of proportion or something is just not right.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

I think that the concept of motion being an illusion, is an illusion. We get caught up thinking that motion is an illusion with this paradox, without realizing that this notion is in on of itself an illusion....

May I ask why you think this?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
You have had what I call an a-ha moment. Congratulations. The anxious feeling comes from the fact that a truth was revealed to you. This is not a bad thing, it is a very humbling expereince. When we are seeking answers and a truth is revealed it is like looking at the world through a new set of eyes. Keep going , you are on the right path and your spiritual nature has alerted your physical nature. That anxious feeling was your spiritual validation, embrace it, learn it and live it. I can guarantee that if you look hard enough in just your daily routine you will find additional confirmation of this truth. Look for both the inner and outer connections and more will come, you can not deny the truth to your spirit, because the truth has found you. Safe passage.

PLPL

Thank you for your very kind words. I do hope you are correct!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
I think you have to remove yourself from the equation...or question of self you wish to impose.....giving yourself too much importance in your mind leads one to never "disconnect".....see the bigger picture.....

I think the anxiety you suffer.....IMO....is based on the fact of a fear of losing yourself.....

like jumping head first off a cliff in to a beautiful ocean and just before you splash in....while the oceans mist is upon your face....the bungee cord you are still tethered to yanks you back up......

the reverse of that free falling feeling is much worse.....in this analogy....because you see not where you are going....in fact you only see that thing you wished to engulf yourself in getting farther and farther away.....

you have to cut yourself loose.....no safety cord.....just jump in....that much you have covered.....but don't try and hold onto anything as you do make that leap of faith......let it be as the air you pass through on your way down....

Follow your own shadow into the rabbit hole.....but seek a universal light that breaks the darkness of your cave....if you do in fact want a way back out......

edit on 6-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

I think you are right about my anxiety. When I get panicky like that I sometimes feel as if I am getting ready to lose my mind or something else in terms of loss of my self.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Are you not aware of the 370 greek deities? 99 Aztec? 126 Japanese? 192 Norse? Which god is able to offer absolution for the condition of yours, or anyone elses, eternal state? Might we consider just the monothesism religions? Well, there are the top 3 choices, if you're going for popularity, but 6 others are in contention for this position. All in all, there are about 4k gods...not including the christian saints. I hope that no one takes you serious, for you would possibly have the blood of another on your hands, being require by the G-d of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Ancient scribes, or Masoretes, developed a complex system that was deemed accurate upon the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, though under constant scrutiny since the Bronze Age, and whose Hermeneutics and many Documentary Hypothesis have failed to discredit. Jehovah Yirei, Rophi, Nissi, Shlomi, Roi, Tsidkeini is I AM! Please, I adjure you...carefully regard accuracy. "The fear of The Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools dispise wisdom and instruction" Proverbs 1:7

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Dichotomies are used in many fields of study as dichotomies infer to identifying factors. The problem that you have ascertained is regarded as false dichotomy. The ommision of a third, or neutralizing option to consider is often used in arguments, in efforts to force concession and can be mentally dangerous. In an honest effort to assist in your peace of mind, I would suggest that you remember a non-disputable law of the universe. Our natural world is relative to time. The spiritual world is relative to eternity. "And the peace of G-d which passes all understanding shall keep your minds and hearts through Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join