It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus by Ridley Scott - Official Trailer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im a big fan of the alien series 1,2,3,4 and always fantasize about the alien background story, where do they come from, where did that alien ship come from on that planet in alien1 and so on... now there is hope, Ridley Scott is going to make my dreams come true !

Ohh btw, the Aliens versus Predator series have NOTHING to do with the original alien series, just pure crap.

Description: Ridley Scott, director of "Alien" and "Blade Runner," returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Prometheus Movie Starring:
Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, Ben Foster, and Logan Marshall-Green

Prometheus Movie Screenplay By:
Damon Lindelof and Jon Spaihts

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Already a thread on this from a week or so ago, and I'm super psyched!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From what I understand I dont think there is going to be any of the aliens from the originally alien films in it. It is set in the same universe that the alien films were set in though.

I reckon this film will be worth a watch but what Im really looking forward to is Ridley Scots new Blade Runner film it is going to be epic!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

why the name promethius?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Absolutely can not wait for this movie, I'm also a huge Aliens fan, not too keen on Resurrection but the first two were astounding, great atmosphere and a sense of foreboding

'They're comin' outta the walls man, they're comin' outta the goddamn walls'

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

He says no "xenomorphs", but we should get to see the "space jockey" from the original Alien up and running. I think there will be an egg or facehugger from the original film though. They've got to explain what happened to that ship and why Weyland Corp. sent them to that planet to begin with. Just my 2 cent.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Prometheus is the name of the ship...but also of the Greek God who stole fire (knowledge) from the Gods and gave it to mankind.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Im a big fan of the alien series 1,2,3,4 and always fantasize about the alien background story, where do they come from, where did that alien ship come from on that planet in alien1 and so on... now there is hope, Ridley Scott is going to make my dreams come true !

Ohh btw, the Aliens versus Predator series have NOTHING to do with the original alien series, just pure crap.

Description: Ridley Scott, director of "Alien" and "Blade Runner," returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Prometheus Movie Starring:
Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, Ben Foster, and Logan Marshall-Green

Prometheus Movie Screenplay By:
Damon Lindelof and Jon Spaihts

Prometheus script is utterly based on Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of Sumerian tablets, concerning the creation of mankind by the Anunnaki. The "Space Jockey" character is an Anunnaki.
edit on 1/5/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Do you have any links stating that the Prometheus script is based on Stichins work?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

From what I have read and depending on how the movie turns out, it is very influenced by Zecharia Sitchin, Immanuel Velikovsky and Erich von Däniken. Take your pick they all basically give the same view that humanity was created by ET's and what Prometheus will deal with is humanity's origin most likely from the “Space Jockey/Engineer”.

Hollywood has long been creating the link between ET and Humanity so nothing new in that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Game over man, game over.

One of many movies I'm gonna see at the cinema this year.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That is going to be one nice movie!
I can not wait to see it!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That is the best trailer i've seen this year, well it's only the 11th so nevermind.
i cannot wait to see this, maybe good sci-fi isn't dieing after all.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
reply to post by Vandalour

why the name promethius?

I'm thinking its because Prometheus is also known in Hebrew as Satan and in Sumerian culture as Enki.

Prometheus/Satan/Enki was the 'good' guy, on humanity's side, against the tyrannical Lord God (of the bible), because he lead the humans on the revolt, after giving us knowledge (upgrading our genetic code)

edit on 18-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ATS, I can't WAIT til this premiers!!

As an Ancient Astronaut Theorist, this is right up my alley, and it is long-awaited.

My guess is that this is replacing or preparing people for the movie 'The Anunnaki'?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OMG I cannot contain myslef, finally a decent scifi horror movie. We havent seen a really really good one in the past decade.

new topics

top topics

join