It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a link between the Illuminati and the Masons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pocketsando

No matter what, you can't show that he was a 33° because he wasn't. If he had been, that would be plastered all over Masonry. We would be extremely proud of this! Hell, the only thing available in his time would have been some pseudo-Scottish Rite Masons and even then he would only have been a 25° Mason as he was long dead when the 33° system came into play in the US.

Even Louisiana with its interesting history of the Scottish Rite, there is no evidence he was initiated into their system. Plus they spoke French in all their degrees up until the mid-20th century. I had an occasion to visit Etoile Polaire Lodge in NOLA. I also visited the Scottish Rite and heard a lot of their history. My Visit to the Crescent City

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pocketsando
George Washington was a 33rd degree mason.

Two things. First, did he use a time machine to cheat death and somehow transport himself into the future to receive this degree?

Second, what would have been the relevance of his Scottish Rite 33rd Degree to a Mason who was not in the Scottish Rite (which would be the majority of Masons)?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

So, can you cite the source of those quotes in a way that definitively goes back to Weishaupt? Or are you copying and pasting from a conspiracy theorist who might have made it up?

Edit: I see the quotes come from Robison, who was trying to make a connection between the Bavarian Illuminati and continental (French) Freemasonry, which was (and still is) considered irregular… Robison himself was a Mason in an English lodge, but the distinction between forms of Masonry was lost on authors after Robison, such as Edith Starr Miller...
edit on 2012.1.5 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

My Brother, at the time that Robison wrote Proof of a Conspiracy, the Grand Orient of France was considered Regular however I agree with you that most authors since the Schism of 1877 don't distinguish between Continental and Anglo-American Freemasonry resulting in a lot of confusion among non-Masons.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I believe i may have uncovered the link -the missing link - which exposes who is really calling the shots. Rather than re-type my theory, i have already set it all out in posts under the thread refering to a body being found at queens winter retreat... Diana‘s bloodline is the key. Royals = freemasons + diana spencer > scottish bloodline = stewards > king arthur (the real 1 not the fable) = illuminati ... Prince charles married diana for her bloodline to legitimise the claim to the throne. This may sound bizzare but take a look at the posts & it will start to make sense. Revelations, nostradamus, georgia guidestones, nwo, freemasons, illuminati etc well all roads lead to royals & not rome in this case. There are a group of elite that believe we are earths cancer & intend to reduce the worlds population to 500million, where they will rule as gods & we mere mortals will be forced into slavery. As delusional as it sounds, they truly believe they are the enlightens one & we belong in stockades with the rest of the livestock. I kid you not! The elite group include world media monguals, bill gates, oprah winfrey, rothschilds, prince philip etc... Prince phillip stated he wanted to be reincarnated as a super virus so he could cure the world of overpopulation... He just forgot to mention that him & his buddies are already in process of making that dream a reality. Take a look at the posts & you may discover that the evidence speaks for itself...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
My Brother, at the time that Robison wrote Proof of a Conspiracy, the Grand Orient of France was considered Regular however I agree with you that most authors since the Schism of 1877 don't distinguish between Continental and Anglo-American Freemasonry resulting in a lot of confusion among non-Masons.
Well, even before the schism, Grand Orient of France was more politically involved than English Masonry. I think Robison saw what was going on with France and recognized it as a problem, even if no official separation had happened at that point in time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Well, even before the schism, Grand Orient of France was more politically involved than English Masonry. I think Robison saw what was going on with France and recognized it as a problem, even if no official separation had happened at that point in time.

Undoubtedly he was suspicious after the American and French Revolutions. IMHO I don't see the political involvement of either French or American Masons as negative as it helped both countries to throw off the yoke of the English and French Monarchies.

Coincidentally, this post also addresses the post right above yours!
edit on 6-1-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
based on my world view (or opinion) the answer is yes.

as i see it the illuminati, as i commonly see the term used, refers to those seeking enlightenment generally in an occult sense.

as i understand the freemasons and what they are required to study and perform, they are as a group more or less working towards enlightenment - in an occult fashion.

this is absolutely the most cut and dry answer i could come up with.

therefore, enjoy.

oc·cult   [uh-kuhlt, ok-uhlt] Show IPA
adjective
of or pertaining to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.
beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.
secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
hidden from view.
(in early science)
a.
not apparent on mere inspection but discoverable by experimentation.
b.
of a nature not understood, as physical qualities.
c.
dealing with such qualities; experimental: occult science.

linkypoo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join