It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

If you have nothing of value to contribute, and are incapable of reading through the thread, maybe you should leave this thread.

I don't have time to go into all the arguments of MAN-MADE VIRUS, BIG PHARMA RIGHT NOW.

Do you have anything of value regards the treatments and the virus to contribute here???

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I did not post this thread for sympathy or attention at all, I mentioned in my OP that I believe there is a conspiracy with the Hiv and Aids. I told my story of catching the virus to give a bit of background info to my post and to hopefully deter people from making assumptions about me.

This video is what first got me thinking it was a conspiracy:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_N4zgjF0K0]

search youtube for'house of numbers' for the full video

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

[snipped]

If he didnt want sympathy then why didnt he just open with his thread like i have aids and would like to know if the rumours about it being man made is true.
If he had opened up with that rather than him giving a detailed account of his experience 1st before he asked the question then he might have got a different response.
edit on 5-1-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Because he wanted to tell us his story, sod off and troll somewhere else you horrid little manchild, you aren't contributing, you're just being plain awful and rude.

I don't believe HIV is man-made, I do believe it came from SIV and mutated, naturally.

I also believe the OP should continue to take his drugs, they will extend his life.

Whatever you decide to do OP, I wish you all the best, and I hope you live long enough to do all the things you want to do.

Stay safe.
edit on 5/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Nature has a pharmacy more vast and potent than anything mankind has ever come up with. Nobody is making any money by suggesting anything. Herbal tea? Don't make me laugh! Diet and exercise does a great deal but with these man-made things, sometimes you have to use everything available in the arsenal.

I'm very used to people such as yourself making fun of natural products. You, who have your health and have no idea what it is like to be sick every single fricking day of your life, are the first to put down vitamins and herbs. You are an FDA offical's wet dream.

This is the first time I have gone off on anybody on this site, and I do sincerely apologize, but if you aren't sick with a PERMANENT immune system disorder, you don't have any right to judge or put out snitty comments about suggestions for help with these devastating disorders. Karma being what it is, you may well one day wake up with an incurable disease, and then you will understand. Until then:

edit on 5-1-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Condoms or bareback regardless, you're only 25 and have had that many sex partners already? 10??

Sometimes the reality check on our lives isn't so forgiving. My brother around your age smoked heavily and a few months ago was given 3 mos to live with ewings sarcoma (cancer).

Promiscuity and STDs go hand in hand, no?

Well, we all have to die sooner or later, don't we. I wonder what is the perfect of gays with HIV in UK? In US cities 1 in 3 gays have HIV/AIDS, and this is 2012. What a shame, which head they're thinking with.

Best regards.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by benjamin2012

I do not know if I could adopt this view. I would be angry for a long time towards the person that infected me. But then again, I would be more angry at myself for letting myself get infected. I commend you for your outlook here.

No stab with the reply, but I understand the reality and need to share it with the OP.

It's not an outlook. It's a necessity. You can be angry all you want, depressed, shamed, whatever...and stress yourself all you want, and kill more T-cells. You have none to spare right now. The first thing you have to do is dump all the stress as quick as possible, whatever it takes. The ones that die can't dump the stress. The ones that live learn how. Your outlook says you are learning.

With diagnosis and Hodgkins at the same time, what were your CD4? I assume below 350?
And my opinion, take the drugs. Yes they work but you will be sick for months. Your immune system wakes up and then goes into overdrive (look up immune reconstitution syndrome), and the side effects are something to adapt to. Check for other options besides the first-line if the side effects are too bad - there are more than one option for combos.
But you won't control the Hodgkins unless you get that CD4 up, and that takes the drugs (for now - and you are young you will see the day its controlled with a shot a year - hell I may too!).

The suicide option - a lot more to consider 12 years ago. I was aiming for a concrete wall and couldn't do it.
I figured I'd live two, maybe three at most. What a difference now. I figure now I'll get SS when its time (if its still around). Hell i don't even get the flu now. My biggest problems are old age.

You can PM for more. Meanwhile, good luck, buck up, and hang in there. You don't have to give up the future.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012
... I mentioned in my OP that I believe there is a conspiracy with the Hiv and Aids.....This video is what first got me thinking it was a conspiracy:

search youtube for'house of numbers' for the full video

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread702881/pg1]http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread702881/pg1

This is the best theory and conspiracy I have heard to explain it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just posting in to let you know I support you and all you said in the OP.

Best of 2012 to you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

10 is NOT that many, what planet are you from Judge?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I have to agree with you there. Athough my experience with HIV is limited and from a different perspective, I have witnessed and read enough to know that the OP's perspective and views will keep changing for a while yet.

The people I saw go down fast were the one's who were angry and scared. I provided Aromatherapy massage. I would also recommend meditation.

It's quite a journey, and a steep learning curve, but I witnessed so many young men come through and really embrace life in such a positive way, often they had so much more to give and receive than had been the case in their lives before the diagnoses.

Benjamin, I don't know how to embed videos, but this was the best I can do.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

There you go

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

thanks!

the full documentary is on youtube and is an hour and a half long, I recommend everybody watches it!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012

thanks!

the full documentary is on youtube and is an hour and a half long, I recommend everybody watches it!

Just might do that actually, im home bored tonight so....

And no problem..........keep your chin up man, things only have as much control over us as we let them.......

I know sometimes thats easier said then done...........but none of us are alone, we are all sharing this life experience together.......

Keep the faith

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

That video is dangerous propagander. If you had bothered to look up on what others are saying you will find that most of the information contained is either plain out lies or very misleading. This is what the scientists that appear in the film had to say

We are writing to state our strong objections to 'House of Numbers' and the agendas it promotes. We consider the film as being harmful to the best interests of the general public and, in particular, people with HIV infection or at risk for acquiring it. We all appear in the film, having granted interviews to its Director, Mr. Brent Leung, during the period 2006-2008. Mr. Leung was deceptive in his interactions with us. He informed us that his film was intended to present the true history of AIDS research, and an accurate summary of the science of HIV infection. He also told several of us that he intended the film would expose and counter many of the myths about HIV and AIDS that have been promoted by a small clique of individuals we refer to as "AIDS denialists". The reality is that his film does none of those things. Instead, it presents the AIDS denialist agenda as being a legitimate scientific perspective on HIV/AIDS, when it is no such thing. His film perpetuates pseudo-science and myths. AIDS denialists individually or collectively promote several notions that have no basis in science or the facts. Among these views are that HIV either does not exist or is harmless; that therapies for HIV infection are themselves the cause of AIDS; that drug abuse causes AIDS; that HIV was created by the US government to kill Africans and African-Americans as an act of genocide; that diagnostic tests for HIV infection do not work. None of these beliefs is true. AIDS denialism has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of South Africans, and many more individuals in the USA and other countries. For more information on the dangers of AIDS denialism and the damage it has caused, we encourage you to review material posted at www.aidstruth.org... . The scientific facts are: HIV is a natural virus that entered the human population from chimpanzees many years ago. HIV diagnostic assays are highly accurate and reliable. Untreated HIV infection eventually kills most of the people who acquire it, by causing AIDS, but anti-retroviral therapy dramatically prolongs the lives of those who have access to it. While good nutrition is important for general health and well being, it is not sufficient to prevent or treat HIV infection and it cannot cure AIDS. For accurate sources of information on these central points, please refer to material posted at the following sites:

source

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

I do not think HIV/AIDS is a government weapon because if we were to stop having sex and doing drugs with random strangers, this would not happen. Sorry but what else is there? You can just say " I randomly got HIV/AIDS for no apparent reason." Not going to happen like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

I disagree, The UK HIV awareness is dire.

What made you so bitter? LOL.

Really? There are still people out there in the UK who are not aware of HIV and aids? It definitely is the persons fault not the government. I can’t imagine anyone above the age of 16 not knowing what it is and how to prevent it, I think it is just the mentality of it won’t happen to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by ignant

10 is NOT that many, what planet are you from Judge?

The OP at 25yo is a living proof of why is it.

Besides, by definition, 2 is a couple, 3-4 is a few, 5-7 is several, 8+ is many, no?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

OMG Iam not telling you how many I have been exposed to, gee whiz that is a frightening chart...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join