It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 slain in Iraq bombings Jan 5th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

60 slain in Iraq bombings Jan 5th

www.cnn.com

Attackers killed at least 60 people in Iraq on Thursday in strikes that targeted Shiites and renewed fears of sectarian violence, authorities said.
The deadliest attack was a suicide bombing targeting Shiite pilgrims just west of the southern city of Nasiriya. It killed at least 36 and wounded 72 others, police and Interior Ministry officials said. A series of blasts in Baghdad left 24 dead and dozens wounded, an Interior Ministry official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can't say i'm surprised but I do want to take the time to point out that this has nothing to do with U.S. presence in the area whatsoever. This attack was intended for Shiites. The saddest part about the attack is that it took place in an area where the unemployed were looking for work. These are the radicals who don't care anything about if there was a U.S. presence in their country or not. These are the radicals who simply do not like Shiites. Don't get me wrong though, when I was deployed in Iraq the Shiites were considered the hardcore radicals and blew up Sunnis left and right. Here's a quote from Gen. Qassim Atta, the Iraqi commander of Baghdad security operations, said that "terrorist groups take every chance they get to incite sectarianism." What are your thoughts ATS members.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's just awful. It's hard to watch things go back to the way things were. Not that we were doing much good either
edit on 5-1-2012 by sladewilson because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sladewilson

The way they were?

Voices of Freedom

Half of them people preferred Saddam cuz America didn't help them at all. Blowing up everything...... doesn't help anyone..

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by sladewilson

The way they were?

Voices of Freedom

Half of them people preferred Saddam cuz America didn't help them at all. Blowing up everything...... doesn't help anyone..

and the other half wishes that they wouldn't be blown up by the opposite sect in their culture.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Damn this world is f-ing depressing.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

The people who actually live in cultures where the conflict between sunni's and shi'ii is hostile, might wish that they don't get killed, but they do wish the opposite sect does. Those are hostilities that will last until one of the sects is proven wrong.

That's why I enjoy walking the middle path

I got sunni friends, and shi'ii friends. lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, now we see the truth of the matter, eh? The civil war never ENDED...it just got put on hold when both sides finally figured out a real basic truth. The U.S. was going to stay as long as the media had blood in the streets and blasts in the markets. If they'd just play nice, behave a little and stay quiet for a couple years, we'd all delcare victory and leave. In the end, They did, We did and now they have an open field to resume the civil war we so rudely interupted back with Bush's troop surge.

Let the killing fields commence...and I just hope this isn't as bad as the Khmer Rouge or the North Vietnamese Government once they knew the U.S. would no longer be any factor at all in what happened next.

Thanks Obama. Victory indeed....for who? It damn sure wasn't us, or the Iraqi civilian population. Corporations? Oh yes... Victory THERE indeed, with 0's on the end.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nothing to do with the US?.. lol, suuure..

I don't buy the media rhetoric that violence is strictly motivated by religion, some flocks joined the occupiers and are being blown up for it.. patriots Vs traitors.

The US establishment has unleashed hell in Iraq.. turning Iraqis against each-other on a level insulting to humanity.

If you took up arms with a puppet government occupying US soil.. there are plenty of Americans who would resent you to death. It's not like Iraqis are patriotic Americans who see hero occupiers as virtuous saviors.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Nothing to do with the US?.. lol, suuure..

I don't buy the media rhetoric that violence is strictly motivated by religion, some flocks joined the occupiers and are being blown up for it.. patriots Vs traitors.

The US establishment has unleashed hell in Iraq.. turning Iraqis against each-other on a level insulting to humanity.

If you took up arms with a puppet government occupying US soil.. there are plenty of Americans who would resent you to death. It's not like Iraqis are patriotic Americans who see hero occupiers as virtuous saviors.

these people have been having a religious civil war for years before we entered their country, Sunni and Shiite sects rarely get along. Once we left the equation they went right back at it. So it has nothing to do with U.S. these are radicals islamic militants wanting to harm the other sect in their country , not puppet governments or political leaders. They are attacking John Doe civilians who follow a slightly different set of religious principals. They were still attacking each other while we were occupying the country of Iraq, half the market bombings that U.S. troops were involved in were NOT meant for soldiers to begin with, they were bombing each other and WE were caught in the crossfire. This is true facts not speculation.
edit on 5-1-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Nothing to do with the US? Have you heard of a thing called the 'Salvador Option'?

'The party line changed the other day. For almost three years it was that al-Qaeda was the driving force behind the "insurgency," led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a bloodthirsty Jordanian who was clearly being groomed for the kind of infamy Saddam Hussein enjoys. It mattered not that al-Zarqawi had never been seen alive and that only a fraction of the "insurgents" followed al-Qaeda. For the Americans, Zarqawi's role was to distract attention from the thing that almost all Iraqis oppose: the brutal Anglo-American occupation of their country.

Now that Zarqawi has been replaced by "sectarian violence" and "civil war," the big news is the attacks by Sunnis on Shia mosques and bazaars. The real news, which is not reported in the CNN "mainstream," is that the "Salvador Option" has been invoked in Iraq. This is the campaign of terror by death squads armed and trained by the U.S., which attack Sunnis and Shias alike. The goal is the incitement of a real civil war and the breakup of Iraq, the original war aim of Bush's administration.'

That was from an article written back in May 2006 titled 'The Return of the death Squads'. May I suggest you read the whole article as it shows you exactly how it is that you have been lead to believe that "the US is not involved". Big Brothers propaganda machine is working so well these days that they seem to be able to completely erase any recent history that doesn't suit their agenda.

The Return of the Death Squads

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

because that has anything to do with an attack between shiite and sunni muslims who hate each other with the utmost intensity?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
reply to post by Seagle

because that has anything to do with an attack between shiite and sunni muslims who hate each other with the utmost intensity?

Did you read the post? It is directly related to the current situation in Iraq. I'm sure everyone in Iraq is so greatful to everyone in the US for taking the time to come and liberate them and deliver democracy US style.

How anyone can possibly say 'Oh well, at least the US isn't involved this time' astounds me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Leave no stone unturned.

Before everyone gets quick to blame it on the Sunnis as pepertrators for the terrorism upon innocent shias - DO CONSIDER - WHO BENEFITS?

Suicide bombers for hire don't come cheap nor are many. It's not about money, but the idealogy that drives them to kill innocent people without remorse, regardless of nationality or religion.

Let's presume it is a Sunni radical branch that did it. What do they have to benefit from it? They must be mad, because they are only a minority in Iraq, not the majority, and will have no support.

Let's presume it another american hater's dream - CIA that did it? What do they have to benefit? America had spent a trillion there, and no way in hell they want to linger in Iraq anymore.

Let's presume it is a Shia radical branch that did it. What do they have to benefit from it? LOTS. It will turn the majority to become Sunni haters and FINALLY eject out every Sunni in Iraq. Those innocent shias whom had died will be justified as sacrificed for the the greater good of a sick agenda by the radicals.

And whom is the biggest bear hiding in the shadows and manipulating events? Non other than the Persian leader in Iran, whose ambition far exceeds that of what the good prophet Muhammad had taught, to the extent that the Persian may not be a muslim, but a closet infidel Persian Empire revivalist.

Islam believes in Jihad, just as western religion does, BUT ONLY WHEN WAR IS DECLARED, and mainly upon combatants, not innocents. Only pagan satanic cults would kill innocents and sacrifice their own members in peacetime. Islam was formed to wipe out those cults and destroyed the Persian Empire back in the 7th Century by Islamist Caliph Umar, or so he believed.

For long, it is already well known about the Persian Leader's ambitions in the Middle East.

May both Shia and Sunni muslims wakes up and realizes that they had been manipulated and mawed by the Persian revivalist....

top topics

join