It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official "Vote of NO Confidence" movement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Two things are rapidly becoming apparent;

1. Our news media is desperately and blatantly trying to shape the 2012 presidential election race. I’m sure it’s been happening for some time but we seem to be more aware of it now and they seem to be much more blatant about it. There are numerous threads on this forum that highlight instances of media bias and influence but this thread is not about that.

2. I’m rapidly becoming aware that the Presidency of the United States is merely a pimple on a boar’s nose. In other words it’s the most visible titular head of and least ugly part of a very ugly and dangerous out of control beast.

Honestly I think Ron Paul is the last best hope for the redemption of the USA and possibly of the world. Barring his nomination I (or anyone) can easily forecast any or all of the following harbingers in the worlds very near future;

1. War with Iran
2. Catastrophic economic failure of the Eurozone
3. Hyperinflation
4. The Catastrophic economic failure of the USA
5. American civil unrest
6. Potentially WWIII

Sans Paul, neither the other GOP candidates, Obama or Congress exhibit the kind of long term view necessary to deal with the issues stated above. So if the media is shaping the election to meet the establishments choice and the world takes it’s cues from us with regard to foreign & economic policy then regardless of who is elected we are doomed.

I’m proposing as of now that if there is any other GOP nominee than Ron Paul that Libertarians, Independents, Democrats and Republicans across the country – DON’T VOTE.

I know I will catch a lot of flack for this from people who say that we are playing into the establishments’ hands, that a low voter turnout will ensure Obama or even the GOP candidates’ election.

But really – what is the difference? A vote for Obama is the same as a vote for Romney or Gingrich, or Santorum, or Perry, etc. They are just different pimples on the same boar.

The only candidate who offers anything other than the same good ole boy Washington DC status quo is Ron Paul.

They say Ron Paul is “crazy” or “dangerous” but the Washington status quo and the path we’re headed for is madness and a path towards Armageddon.

No one faults Paul on economic policy – only foreign policy. So what is boils down to is what do you fear most – a sound economic policy that might just enable us to ward of financial collapse and pacifist foreign policy which would be fought tooth and nail by the military industrial complex and probably couldn’t even be fully implemented, or a status quo of the next establishment administration which will oversee the complete distruction of the US and possibly the world.

If Paul is not the GOP nominee – I will not vote for the Presidential ballot in 2012.

I will vote for every other office on the ballot but my Presidential vote will be a no vote – a vote of no confidence in our leadership.

This will ensure that the media bias against Ron Paul does not result in the "assumption" of his voters for the media darling candidate. It will send a message of protest in the form of extreemly low voter turnout. It will allow voters to know their vote "counted" for something more worthwhile than the status quo.

First the Tea Party...
Then, OWSers...
Now....the NO CONFIDENCE VOTE initiative.
I hope you will join me.

edit on 5-1-2012 by beanandginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Although I agree with your sentiments, I think the answer is to write in Ron Paul.
Big letters all over the ballot.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

If they have problems with "Hanging Chads", "Phantom Voters", "Voter Registration" and "Absentee Ballots" how do you think they would handle write ins?

I think if a candidate was written in and somehow acheived the popular vote they would find a way to invalidate it. I don't think you would ever hear about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree but with a slight modification.

Media doesn't decide who to push and who to ignore, money does. Someone with money is behind the media

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

All the more reason not to reward the eventual GOP nominee with Paul Supporters. I don't like being manipulated or attempts by others to manipulate what should be the greatest free election process the world has ever known.

I want those with the money to know right now that they cannot count on support from the Ron Paul crowd.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I think the sentiment with the money guys is that they're in bed with Obama and the Democrats now and they're hedging their bets to be in bed with the GOP depending on who gets elected - except for Ron Paul because they know he won't play the game.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Bilderberg has been picking our Presidents for decades. The "vote" is to decide which of their "bought and paid for suits" we like. In the end, they still belong to the elite, the same guys who run the media.
If someone happens to appear in the race that they don't like, they take every skeleton they can find in their closet and dance them around like marionettes on the news for all to see.
They don't do this to sway votes. They do this so that once they decide who the next POTUS is going to be, the people will accept it because they'll remember "Oh yeah... so and so had this and that, which made them unelectable."

The whole system is a farce. The scary part is, I don't see a way out of this current system we're being force fed.

PS> "Vote of No Confidence" - "Phantom" - "Force"

This is turning in a thread on Episode I

edit on 5-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Pretty good FugitiveSoul. I hadn't even caught my own SW references but it was sounding a bit deja vu when I was writing it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Understand and sympathize with your sentiment, But being the (alleged) minority that is aware and not voting simply hands the establishement what they want by virtue of the sheeple vote. The media is manipulating large blocks of voters quite successfully. And yes, the money behind the political machine is what is driving the media. The MSM is simply the PR arm of the political establishment. Most of us get that. But just look at the demographics of the exit polling from IA. Romney 'won' based upon a very narrow demographic --- and not coincidentally the very same demographic most loyal to the MSM.

Odds are we have no hope. It's unlikely enough of the voting base understands the issues and can conceive what lurks behind the curtain. Most don't want to know the truth. It frightens them. All we can do is put up the good fight and hope for the best. Write-in Dr. Paul. Many of us did that in '08. Many more will do it in '12. With luck maybe RP will go third-party.

If we're going to go down at least go down fighting.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Two comments;

- Fox was running a night long Romney infomercial on caucus night - it was shameless and blatant and I would love to see them have to answer for it.

- We have 11 months to "educate" voters - but I want the establishment to know from the onset - don't count on Ron Paul supporters backing your media / establishment chosen one who represents no difference to the current administration.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Again, I'm right there with you. You can't 'educate' the indoctrinated. Ever try to debate a FOX news viewer? Pointless. The majority of people are going to vote for the political establishment -- whether it's Obama or the GOP. Doesn't make a fleck of a difference. That's what most don't --- and won't --- get. Surf the ATS political threads and just see how many 'my-party-is-better-than-your-party' threads there are. And these are coming from the alleged 'better informed/critical thinking' ATS community. Can you imagine the amount of koolaide slurped-up by the majority?

The political machine is raging against RP and are using the MSM in unprecedentedly transparent attempts to neutralize him. That being the case they are clearly afraid of him and for that reason alone we need to push RP as a means of throwing the proverbial spanner into the machine.

new topics

top topics

join