It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If people in Britain started a rebellion against the government what do you think they would do

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lets say the U.K government did something to really annoy everybody that sparks mass clashes,everybody stops paying taxes,and 10 downing street is burned to the ground.along with the houses of parliament,the the police fail to defuse the situation and are helpless,British army's seize ammunition dumps and join the rebellion,and everyone is demanding the governments and monarchy leave the country,do you think the government would start killing people?,and if they did would Russia or china intervene and start to aid the rebel forces just like the west did to the Libyan rebels forces, against the gadaffi regime,i believe Russia and china are against the NWO and probably would help us destroy it if we tried to take our country back

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I know Ireland would finally kick the British off their land.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The majority of us brits are too brainwashed to even care about whats going on in the world....let alone overthrow government.

When you are enslaved to the system like many are, the chances of such an event is unlikely. People are afraid of losing their home and possessions. Here in the west we are ruled by our possessions.

It would take the Xfactor, Eastenders and a whole host of other crap to be removed from tv before people even started thinking about whats really going on...and even then the people would probably riot over losing such shows lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
We'd be in the midst of civil war. We'd lose help from all 'allies' apart from the US who will give the Government arms. This in turn will perhaps give Russia/China incentive to secretly distribute arms to revolutionaries. France will take a huge amount of refugees until it is forced to close its borders to the English people. It'll take a year or so, and the victor will come out favouring whoever gave them arms.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Europeans love their government they will never want to overthrow it, although their doing a pretty good job up Fing it up anyway. They are trying to persuade other successful countries like Iceland to join their failing system. The only thing they might want to do is to get rid of the few conservatives that are left in their government.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

you are right the government have us held in fear i believe everyone becoming more Christian is the key if every Brit strictly followed the seven deadly sins

Pride
Envy
Anger
Sloth
Greed
Gluttony
Lust
the government breach these sins every day the lot of them,i am not a religious person and wasn't even christened, but I try my best to abide by these sins as they really do make you a better person,muslims have managed it through the strength of religion,before and we probably could although it is just a book it would remind us that material objects aren't that important and our government extremely rip us off anyway taxing the hell out of them.we are practically in shackles of debt,systems that stop the honest hard working man becoming wealthy. id be up for a rebellion.sick of getting my pants pulled down by the government.

edit on 5-1-2012 by TBR47 because: .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Europeans love their government they will never want to overthrow it, although their doing a pretty good job up Fing it up anyway. They are trying to persuade other successful countries like Iceland to join their failing system. The only thing they might want to do is to get rid of the few conservatives that are left in their government.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Those riots in Greece etc is just the people showing their love for the government?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They would track any activists/revolutionaries with there ultra pervasive CCTV system, bash in your door at 3am, hopefully not your back door eh, lol, rape your dog and then blackbag your ass. Never to be seen again! Oh yeh they would institute martial law first.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

lol i doubt people would go home at the end of the day just like after a hard days work,you seize Tesco and asda that are full of booze and food and set up your HQS lol

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We'd get shot.
Simple as.
They're already talking about pulling the plug on social networking sites, and bringing in the army with rubber bullets, water cannon, and live ammunition if they deem it nessecary.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One

Those riots in Greece etc is just the people showing their love for the government?

Greece is a very different situation. I am talking about most Europeans in first world not second world or maybe a third world country at this point. EU doesn't really like Greece much anymore perhaps because their people revolted against the high and might EU? Hm....EU is threatening to cut off Greece.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

British army's seize ammunition dumps and join the rebellion,and everyone is demanding the governments and monarchy leave the country

In that case how would the government start killing us? The government would probably have lost all control by this point...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I reckon it would be much like a mix of the student riots a couple years back, the riots last year, the protests in the 80's and several protests.

second.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
I know Ireland would finally kick the British off their land.

Northern Irish is British and forever will be.

And that's the bottom line of it, there's no room for compromise in any way whatsoever. And it's backed up by a Protestant population which would stand to the very last to remain British, trust me on that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Yes but if the government started gunning people down and such they would be looked upon just like Saddam was and gaddafi.people could probably cry out to the united nations,and maybe get Russia strategically taking out British defence systems and army bases to help the rebel forces push forward.i think if Russia or china ever got the chance to legally attack a western country or send it under they would with out hesitation,
edit on 5-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Before things reach that point I can imagine the queen would probably dissolve parliament and take control until elections can be held, like what happened in Egypt with the military.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

the queen should be forced into exile in such circumstances it would be pointless overthrowing the government if the queen was allowed to take controll

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

ok mr no clue for a start the uk tried to give northern ireland over to southern ireland quite some time ago but the south did not want the responsibility and so turned the offer down.
the big problem in ireland is religious , its catholics fighting against the protestants .
why did the catholics not try to assassinate the rev ian paisley ?
i will tell you why , the ira saw paisley as the best recruitment officer possible because every time the man opened his mouth he enraged the catholics into wanting to join the ira .
and now there is a peace movement in northern ireland but a new faction called the real ira is determined to derail it

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They would get killed pretty quickly due to the fact they have..... no
GUNS

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

there is Generals that control their own army's that would probably keep on fighting not to mention the Rothschild army fighting to keep control of the finical capital of the world

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join