It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northampton firearms officer Neil Bull guilty of shoplifting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Northampton firearms officer Neil Bull guilty of shoplifting

www.bbc.co.uk

A firearms officer stole lubricant sex gel from a shop after panicking about his partner's daughter seeing him.

Neil Bull, 37, was found guilty at the town's crown court, of stealing the gel and other items from Boots, on three separate occasions in 2010.

Bull, of London Road, Wollaston, admitted taking the gel, but denied theft as he planned to go back to pay.

Judge Richard Bray ordered him to pay fines and costs of £2,250 and told him his career was "inevitably over".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Good stuff, another police officer that believes the law doesn't apply to them removed from the force. It would be interesting to see what cases this guy has been involved in as if he has no issues with stealing then would he plant/destroy evidence? Steal drugs?

He got a £1500 fine and ordered to pay costs, was that sentence a bit hard? Or did he get off lightly ?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

MOD NOTE:
Please do not post FB pages or personal information, etc. belonging to yourself or someone else.

ATS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE:
19) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on the Websites within posts, private messages, avatars and/or signatures without prior written permission from TAN. You will not choose a username that is the same as a website domain, subdomain, URL, organization, or business for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on January 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In my view a police officer who knowingly breaks the law is worse than a normal person doing it and should get a harsher sentence.
Just my 2p

Checked out his facebook page ...interest's Lot's of drink and Guns

edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I want to know what happens to people that makes them so self-conscious, especially at the age of 37, that they'd commit a crime rather than be seen purchasing an "embarrassing" product.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
In my view a police officer who knowingly breaks the law is worse than a normal person doing it and should get a harsher sentence.

Agreed! This is another double standard that is complete BS imo, for example if a professional driver who carries a CDL gets pulled over after drinking, the legal limit for a DUI is substantially lower than for a non-professional. The same goes for train conductors, pilots, taxi drivers, etc...

I think the same should apply to police. They take oaths to uphold and protect the law, breaking that oath should be considered as part of their punishment.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
he should be worried about his daughter being in a sex shop.

edit on 5-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know what happens to people that makes them so self-conscious, especially at the age of 37, that they'd commit a crime rather than be seen purchasing an "embarrassing" product.

Hold on Iam 37 and Iam never self-conscious buying any embarrassing products

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
He was probably to emberessed to buy it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i suppose he didnt want to explain of what/why lube is needed but surely if you want to get rid of the item you send the kid to get themselves something from another aisle and then quickly pop the item back onto the shelf, oh well he's done the crime and will now have to explain what the lube was for due to the press knocking at their door

but as they say "can't do the crime then don't do the crime" so i have no pity for him

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A little harsh linking to his face-book I think, there's family in his images. Also we all make mistakes, not condoning what he did but I mean cummon !!

Stealing is Stealing, I agree with that and also he was a serving Police officer but hardly crime of the century. Look at the severity of this crime compared to certain other crimes committed by Police offices, pretty sure this one would be at the very bottom of the list.

Anyway, I get embarrassed when the need arises for such items

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Originally posted by StarTraveller
A little harsh linking to his face-book I think, there's family in his images. Also we all make mistakes, not condoning what he did but I mean cummon !!

Stealing is Stealing, I agree with that and also he was a serving Police officer but hardly crime of the century. Look at the severity of this crime compared to certain other crimes committed by Police offices, pretty sure this one would be at the very bottom of the list.

Anyway, I get embarrassed when the need arises for such items

I do agree it was perhaps harsh but to be fair its in the public domain and although he restricted who could see his posts he did not restrict who could see his pictures likes etc. Its rather irresponsible to post pictures of your kids in the public domain if you ask me, more so for a serving police officer and especially one whos job is to shoot people.

Since you looked at them did you like the one of him with his gun? I guess taken on duty, reminded me of Brevik a bit. I wonder if him posting that picture is a crime in itself? Guns are illegal here, especially automatics. Were not used to seeing that kind of thing except with boys/girls in army fatigues. Us taxpayers pay the police to uphold the law, not intimidate people by being the only person in the UK on facebook with a picture of himself staring down a Hechler and Koch or whatever it was, after all youths get charged for posting pics of themselves and their gangs holiding swords etc... I expect better from the police and linking it up was merely demonstrating how much of a moron the guy must be. I mean they wear head gear so they cant be identified do they not?

Anyways, in regards to his sentence lets not foget the mother sent to jail (for 4 months?) for reciept of stolen goods after the london riots (someone gave her a pair of shorts theyd nicked) My personal take is the sentence was too lenient but in fairness I wouldnt want to be a cop in jail for stealing lube lol So essentially I did it for her and the other people who have been unfairly treated at the hands of the justice system.

I agree its not the crime of the centuary but what other crimes has he not been caught for over the years. This is someone who does what they like and gets away with it, except this time. My link has been removed and I have been warned by the mods not to post link to peoples facebooks so fair play.

End of the day we can always buy such items online or get the missus to pick it up. Failing that theres always a chemist in another town etc, though the judge did say he was doing it for thrills coming back to the abuse of power aspect.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

All points fairly raised buddy and I cringed when you said 'Policeman in Jail for stealing lube'
maybe an invite pmsl

Lets hope he doesn't need it

new topics

top topics

join