It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows the weather in Australia ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
G'day
Northwestern north america and britain were supposed to have the coldest winter in years instead it has been warm, rainy, and very windy, that is spring time weather not winter weather. In my neck of the woods its been +40F when it should be -40F. Struth !!

What kind of summer is Australia having and is it very unusual ??

to roo

edit on 5-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

Also to add in the Lower Northwest in the USA, we have had very little precipitation and a lightning storm at the end of December with a torrential downpour...never had those before. Seemed as though our moisture for the last 3 months decided to be on one day.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
sydney has been unseasonably cold this summer... usually you can't wear anything but shorts, this year i have been wearing jeans n jacket, and still been cold.

the other day we had our first 30+ day in sydney, although it dropped from 38 degrees to 23 degrees in half an hour, which is fairly strange, but not unheard of here....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ktrip

Ok thanks
I asked because normally we follow what your weather does, your last winter was cold so we should have had a cold winter too not a warm one. Thats why I think they are messing with the weather to make it a warm winter so they can call it global warming and blame it on us and charge us carbon tax.

I will see if we have cold summer like you are.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

Not bad acutally; nothing unusual, a bit of unseasonal stormy weather in the west thats all.

too roo.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The weather down here in vic has just began to warm up. The strnge thing is the night have still been cold which is very unusual as I am used of it being very humid throughout the summer nights. I dont know if I am correct or not but it seems the seasons may be out of whack or maybe it is just strange weather.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
yeah, its unseasonably cold, thats for sure. last year at this time it was like 30-40 degrees every day for weeks, humid too...this is the opposite of that.
i dont think it is man-made though, i remember reading an article about some weather cycle aus gets where every 40 years or so we get an especially wet winter and especially cold summer. i can't recall where i read that though, so i can't guarantee its validity.

top topics

join