It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, paranormal experience, I think.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
reply to post by marg6043

Second, I have no idea why this happens, but it is a commonly reported thing to be awakened at a certain time at night. There might be an explanation for this (like someone starting a car outside at the same time every night, or a piece of machinery coming on- something like this), but barring that; there are many people who are awakened consistently at exactly the same time every night. I am one of them. 3 am for me. But nothing else happens in my case. I do believe this might have some paranormal significance.

I have also had this issue with waking up at 3am for as long as I can remember. Actually one of my earliest memories is being too small to talk, and laying in my crib, seeing this shadow thing leaning in over me, freaking me out.

I used to be terrified when I would wake up and think it was my parents silhouette standing at my bedside or in my doorway, and then I'd realize it definitely wasnt them, start screaming until they ran in to see what the problem was.

I finally grew so tired of the whole thing that when I would wake up and feel that sense of dread, and being watched, I wouldnt even open my eyes, just roll over and say "Oh just go away" and they would.

Interestingly, I thought I was the only one who saw these things for a long long time, until finally one of my friends was over and we both saw the top hat man looking at us. I started doing research and came to the conclusion that this is actually a very common occurrence, and the 3am thing (or around that time 2:45, 3:15) always is a common factor.

Ive made threads on ATS about the recent episodes where it definitely was something different. I've been pushed really hard while laying down, I've felt the weight of something heavy suddenly press down on the bed next to me, and heard what sounded like backwards latin or something whispered in the most god awful voice I've ever heard. My puppy sees it too, and she sometimes wakes me around 3am, whimpering and growling at something in the corner.

Sorry for the long post, but you are definitely not alone. And I do believe that when you can "see" they are drawn to your energy, but I have yet to be physically hurt by one so I wouldnt worry too much. Getting goosebumps just thinking about this....
edit on 6-1-2012 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

"I finally grew so tired of the whole thing that when I would wake up and feel that sense of dread, and being watched, I wouldn't even open my eyes, just roll over and say "Oh just go away" and they would.
"
I think you've found the key.

That, and not panicking.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

marg6043 - I was once told that certain people, animals or totems of another realm which appear specifically to us, are oftentimes our spirit guides. I know this might seem like a farfetched comparison but we have several similarities and I can't help but wonder if this seemingly different experience is more similar than one would think.

I too, have been able to sense certain "entities" since I was very young except I sense them as a form of energy (which I believe is what we are all made up of and connected by, but I digress). When I was young, I grew up in an apartment building with a fire escape (for those too young to know what that is, apartment buildings in the "olden days" only had one staircase and had a metal ladder that you could gain access to through a window in case of a fire or other emergency). Even though we lived on the 6th floor, squirrels would always climb up the fire escape and sit outside our window looking in. It was the most bizarre thing and it scare me to death to walk past the kitchen and see them peering in, but eventually my siblings came to love these animals and would wait for them daily and feed them Oreo cookies of all things. I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4, but I remember this clearly. For some reason, I was terrified of the squirrels which made no sense because I was an animal lover and one of those people to whom animals were always attracted (I've since had some unbelievably spiritual experiences involving animals but those are discussed in other threads). Anyway, I never made friends with any of those squirrels, as the rest of my family had done, and we eventually moved to another apartment (11th floor with no fire escape) and I forgot all about them. I wasn't ready yet.

When I was in my late 20's, I started having dreams about a squirrel and in the dreams, I perceived him as a terrifying creature although he never did anything that should have frightened me (don't ask how I can ascribe a gender because I don't have an answer - I just know he was male). Over the course of a year, I dreamed about this squirrel once a week on average and the dream squirrel kept evolving. He went from a regular sized squirrel just sitting on the fence by my pool swinging his tail as he looked intently at me, to an oversized squirrel (about the size of a medium sized dog) that would actually try to talk to me. Talk about freaky!

I finally shared these experiences with a friend who I knew was deeply evolved on her spiritual path and she told me that oftentimes, our spirit guides, which can appear in all shapes and forms, will try to contact us at times of great importance, usually through lucid dreaming which seems so real that you would swear on a stack of Bibles that it had been real. She told me that it is usually those messages (and the messengers) which are trying to help or reveal something to us that scare us the most and that it was apparent that this squirrel - my animal spirit guide - had a very important message for me because he wasn't letting up. She said that if I could find the fortitude to let go of my fear and listen to what he had to say, I might be shocked. I will tell you that I eventually took her advice and I know that the squirrel had a message for me but to this day, I can't remember what he told me. I only know that I've never dreamed of him since though I think he's appeared to me in other forms as well. Whatever his message was, it opened my eyes to spirituality and led me to a different path of knowledge. To this day, whenever I see a squirrel, I stop and silently thank it for looking out for me.

Now, I say that our experiences might be similar because this figure originally appeared to you in a form that scared you (a dark faceless figure) and now, out of the blue, not only has his appearance changed to a more inviting form, if you will, but it's possible that he himself wasn't aware of his original or changed appearance; hence the shock over your reaction.

Being that both of our messengers never relented (for me, until I was open to hear his message), this is what I would do. Please take this for what it's worth - if you don't believe in this stuff, I'm not offended. I would try to overcome my paralysis and say to this figure, very firmly "If you are here as a benevolent spirit and have a message for me, I am ready to receive it". "If you are not here for a loving and beneficial purpose, I ask that you leave and never return". To quote my friend's words, you might be shocked over the message he has for you.

Please keep us advised about what happens and know that for as many scary and malevolent entities as we have around us, we have an equal, if not greater, number of benevolent protectors. Best of luck to you and remember that this just might be an integral piece of your own spiritual evolution.

Timidgal

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sorry for no been back to the thread soon enough,

Thanks for posting your experiences, I will say that this entities like the Shadows (so far is three of them that shows up) one very tall while the others are not so.

The last one was new to me, just like a regular person, like I used to see when I was a child.

I know about spiritual guides, they usually shows like beings of light to me when I am having some personal problems.

But my personal guide, I have known since I was a child, he comes to me as a male, I have sense his present only a few times in my life when I am going to some dramatic changes, his present is very peaceful and like a father.

The last time I saw him he even gave his name to me when I asked, this time in my life I was schedule to have surgery for the first time in my life and was very scare.

All my life I am always aware of the feeling that is people around me that I can no see but only the shadow shapes as I can not seen them like I used to when I was a child.

You kind of get used to those things, but then something else comes around and your peace of mind is taken away, because you believe is something dreadful to happen that could change your life.

I know is more people out there that have the same experiences it will be nice to know more about theirs.

posted on Apr, 11 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I looked you up since you posted on another of my threads. I have had Sleep Paralysis since age 6. I don't know if that is what you are experiencing. I also went through the clock phase. I saw that my clock time was 3:33 was a sign of a guardian Angel. I also saw a shadow. I cant explain it.

My SP stopped in the Spring of 2019. I really hasn't returned. I wrote about it beginning on a Paranormal thread as posted by sled735 in January 2019. Read at how it stopped.

All true and I would take a lie detector anywhere for anyone. You pay for it.

Do you believe in God...................

top topics

<< 1   >>

join