It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Am I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
After doing some research, I have concluded that our present political and social condition is nothing new. We have experienced it before. The similarities are very disturbing once you put them into perspective. Many of the younger generation would have no way of drawing any similarities to anything from the past as our state sponsored schools do not delve into these. I have put together a video to let the viewer see these and try to figure out who it is.

Once you watch it, the striking similarities should be a cause for some serious concern and reflection of where we as a society are heading. Make no mistake, history is repeating itself at an alarming rate. We can choose to brush it off and continue with our blinders on, or we can recognize the problem and address it in the serious manner that it deserves.

In light of recent developments by our government, this should serve as a warning for what may be coming in the very near future. If we can accept the changes happening now and reverse the current trends, then maybe we have a chance. Otherwise, the end is not going to be the rosey ending everyone thinks it will be.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ya got me, I thought it was Bush and the history repeating itself was Obama.
Jus' kidding but of course that's your point.

We should also remember Rome: Oh how hard the mighty fall!

I would suggest that those who perpetrate War and ravage the Constitution also consider history: France & the Guillotine come to mind.

I wish I could make these roll!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

It really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
The funny part is that once you recognize it, it is so simple to make the connection.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Powerful, yet simple.

It provoked a feeling of deep sadness in me. Not only the very well chosen music, but reading every line added to the sense of tragedy.

Applicable not only to Nazi Germany, and the USA but also to most countries.

Very real. So real it is scary.

S and F. A very good find.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I don't understand why some threads that are so full of punchlines and power, recieve so little visits and seem to die on the sideline before it even makes it onto centre stage.
And then there are those threads that are of very little real value that gets flooded by stars, flags and replies.

This one, in my opinion, should be right up there!

edit on 5-1-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

I know what you mean.
Post something about banning red ties in avatars and you'll get 150 flags.
Post something that is meant to make people think and wake up, you get 10.
Gotta wonder sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join