It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Announcement about 2012 (Princess in Japan)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

'___' occurs in almost every fluid within the body and in many places in much higher concentrations than in cerebrospinal fluid. As I stated in my last post, while methyltransferase is produced in the pineal gland, its stereo-specificity prevents it from producing '___'. Instead, it only allows for serotonin to be converted into melatonin and vice-versa. Is Strassman's hypothesis wants to be taken seriously someone must first provide a mechanism through which the pineal gland can produce '___'. To this day no one has even presented a possible mechanism.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I believe that mechanism was explained in my last post but in case you missed it here it is again;

These enzymes, the methyltransferases, attach a methyl group—that is, one carbon and three hydrogens—onto other molecules, thus methylating them. Simply methylate tryptamine twice, and we have di-methyl-tryptamine, or '___'.

Also you failed to explain how the '___' in our bodies was produced, if not from the pineal gland.

As i said, i have seen no better explanation of this from anyone else, so to assume this explanation is faulty seem childish (unless you do indeed have a better explanation)

From the evidence we have, there is a 99% chance that it is produced in the pineal gland, i´d say.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

EDIT: cleared up

edit on 6-1-2012 by Twelvemonkeyss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

and true, its found in every living thing i believe, even grass

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

And as I said in my previous posts while the pineal gland contains methyltransferase, it is geared toward specific stereoisomeric products. These products are serotonin and melatonin. It simply lacks the ability to perform the necessary reaction. You can keep arguing that the pineal gland contains methyltrasnferase. I won't argue with you about that. The fact of the matter is that the methyltrasnferase contained in the pineal gland has a stereo-specificity that prevents the production of '___'.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I see what you're saying here. While I'm reluctant to believe '___' is produced elsewhere, especially being that it is secreted in high doses when sleeping (as compared to normal levels in the body. what I mean is that levels must be higher to cause the "dreaming" or "tripping" effect, thus I'm assuming it is released in an elevated dose from somewhere, while we are asleep), if what you're saying is true, then you're correct that it cannot create '___'.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Twelvemonkeyss

I have yet to find any connection between dreaming and '___'. From what I can tell, no study has found increased levels of '___' anywhere in the body during sleep. Especially not at the levels that Strassman's hypothesis requires. What has been found is increased levels of dopamine. What people fail to realize is that '___' has effects on the brain other than simply producing hallucinations. For example, at the levels it is found is cerebrospinal fluid it would be more likely working as a potentiate for the monoamine neurotransmitters than an endogenic substance.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Okay, I have done a little more research into this topic and I have found that '___' can't be produced with just any methyltransferase. It requires indolethylamine N-methyltransferase. Currently no amount of this has been found in the pineal gland. However, intermediate levels have been found in the spinal cord and low levels have been found in the thalamus, subthalamic nucleus, caudate nucleus, hippocampus, amygdala, sustantia nigra, and corpus callosum. So there are plenty of areas in the nervous system where it could be synthesized that would explain the presence of '___' in cerebrospinal fluid. None of these locations are the pineal gland.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Alright, awesome detective work by the way, and thank you for looking so into this. I would like to find out what causes dreaming, if not the natural hallucinogen '___'

but thats another topic for another day

back on the main topic- what would this pineal gland have anything to do with these beings??? Like. why the next dimension if they live in our dimension underground? and if this gland allows seeing into the next dimension, which dimension is it and why (actually this would be impossible to answer as the precedence is impossible to prove or disprove or analyze). But yeah, am I the only one who sees the lack of connection and the sporadic spreading of random science over these crazy claims..crazy?

edit on 6-1-2012 by Twelvemonkeyss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

are you a chemist?

than don't seem so sure.

terence mckenna was a chemist.
strassman is a chemist.

them > forum guy

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Actually my field is cognitive neuroscience. I look at the biological basis for cognition. In other words this discussion fits firmly in my field of research. McKenna had a degree in art history. He started a degree in biology, which he later switched to ecology and conservation. As for Strassman (who is actually a psychiatrist, not a chemist), as I said I'm not the only one debating his findings. Everything I've quoted can be found in the literature. The pineal gland simply does not produce INMT, which is essential for tryptamine to be synthesized into N-dimethyltryptamine. It is found in other parts of the brain in low amounts, which easily explains that trace amounts of '___' found in cerebrospinal fluid, but not in the pineal gland. Those are the simple facts. The pineal gland is capable of synthesizing serotonin into melatonin and vice-versa. It is not however capable of synthesizing tryptamine into N-dimethyltryptamine.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

72 hours of darkness. That doesn't sound so bad.
This time next year she will be either a prophet or a false prophet.

We won't have to wait long to find out.
---------
I think she will do a better job than Harold Camping. Remember him?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Mckenna was a guineau pig not a chemist.
Strassman is a doctor not a chemist

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twelvemonkeyss
reply to post by stereologist

I have to say, I agree with you (in terms of the connection between pineal gland and spirituality). Most of this whole spirituality came from the '___' this gland produces, and yes, in some reptiles this gland literally has similar structures to that of an eyeball (literally a "third eye") but I mean, its the strongest hallucinogenic known to man. You're not having some sort of "third eye opening into higher spirituality," youre just tripping balls when this gland produces '___', as in- when you dream. If calcification had any effect on '___' production, we wouldnt be able to dream, and if we dont trip when we sleep ("dream") we literally go insane and die. Thats proven and is fact. For some reason we need to have this dreaming when we sleep. If calcification effected '___' production, dreaming would cease, and the human would die. I'm sure theres no good effects of it being calcified, its probably bad, but not bad enough to stop '___' production.

It is ok and interesting theory, I am going to make more search on it.

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Twelvemonkeyss

I know this reply is going to get moderated because it has happened before, but here it goes.

I read this sentence from your reply and I feel you have a sensibility to the given fact from the post of the user "Twelvemonkeyss" you just replied. Is it the mention of "reptiles" having a link with us because of the third eye? Or is it the information provided about '___' and the pineal gland?

This is touchy I know but I am wondering why this would get affected by mod? It is a great and evidently interesting theory which could be considered. It is not maybe the absolute truth but it goes with the ATS motto "Deny Ignorance".

With that being said why would Mods act on this post which simply tries to do what the website was truly about when it was made : "Denying Ignorance" ?

Those are the real questions which makes me question the silver and gold content contributor from this website.

I am not blaming, I am simply trying to understand the real logic behind it all because actually, it does not make sense to me.

Thruthseek3r

edit on 7-1-2012 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I was actually referring to my own reply. Not Twelvemonkey's. It's due to the discussion of '___'. Since it is an illicit substance it is not supposed to be discussed on here. However, in my opinion, in this context it is not breaking with T&C since we are discussing as a natural product of the human body.In the past some mods have not agreed with this view however and removed all posts discussing '___' regardless of the context.
edit on 1/7/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
HUH?????????
this has been on ATS for about 5 months?
3 days of darkness. dont open the door to ANY one.

LOL why no one else remember?

OH! its from 2006
search dark night.
link
edit on 7-1-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

some thing funny going on.
link 2
it was banned?
edit on 7-1-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thank you for this answer because I have to admit, I was quite a bit confuse. I clearly understand now the reason for saying such a phrase as it was stated in your post.

It is the kind of clear and honest answer which needs to be seen more from Gold Content contributor here on ATS.

I appreciate this one from you Xcalibur254,

Sincerely,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power."

"And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

"And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months."

(Matthew 24:29) Immediately after the distress of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

The first parts that you quote are from Revelations.

Commentary on the last passage can be found here
bible.cc...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hi Stereologist

I provided Inspired words and not commentary respectfully, although you are free to the belief that the events are all metaphor or symbolic if that is your standpoint. It is often human nature to choose the path of greater comfort.

Our Father has shown me enough elements to Reveal this will not be the case.

Hope you've been well. Blessings for the new year.

edit on 8-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join