It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding notices from ATS via ATS' private messaging system...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I read a statistic somewhere that claimed that 96% of people that are dissatisfied won't actually complain.

So if you take the amount of people actually complaining in this thread (which is about 23) and then you assume that that's only 4% of the people that are actually annoyed, that gives you 575 annoyed people.

If you assume that ATS generally has 14000 members logging in every 30 days that works out to be about 4% annoyed by the messages.

Is 4% really that much? Depends on how you're looking at it. It seems unlikely that people are actually going to stop coming to the site because of it so is it really a problem for ATS?

Someone might want to check my maths though, it's not one of my strongest skills!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My attitude is this. This is the owners house, and his house is his castle. We can either accept that his house has its rules, and its mechanics, which are there for the benifit of all, or we can disbelieve it, and become pathetic whining busy bodies with no social skills.

It is the matter of a few moments work, to remove messeges from your inbox, that you do not wish to read, no matter who they may be from, and having to do so is not sufficiently aggravating for one to be making a song and dance about. I would like to suggest that if ones opinion runs counter to that, then one may wish to step outside and pay attention to ones surroundings. I think members are likely to run across many MANY things which DO require an angry word, or a bleat of complaint, which ARE actually important, and do not show them up to be incapable of rational thought or prioritisation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Originally posted by jerryznv
I don't know for sure...but it seems your with the majority here that could do without them!!

I would hardly use the word "majority". The mass U2Us are sent to 14,000+ members and I count only about a dozen or so that feel that the issue is important enough to complain about it... Majority? I strongly doubt it.

I dislike those messages about the ATS recap too and dont see any reason why they should go to our U2U, so you can add me to your list. I do not see it as an intrusion more like a mild annoyance. I do like the ATS recap, just not the messages about it.

I believe a lot chooce not to complain simply to avoid flaming or have others saying all they are doing is ranting.....just like with our "democracies".

edit on 10-3-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
My attitude is this. This is the owners house, and his house is his castle. We can either accept that his house has its rules, and its mechanics, which are there for the benifit of all, or we can disbelieve it, and become pathetic whining busy bodies with no social skills.

It is the matter of a few moments work, to remove messeges from your inbox, that you do not wish to read, no matter who they may be from, and having to do so is not sufficiently aggravating for one to be making a song and dance about. I would like to suggest that if ones opinion runs counter to that, then one may wish to step outside and pay attention to ones surroundings. I think members are likely to run across many MANY things which DO require an angry word, or a bleat of complaint, which ARE actually important, and do not show them up to be incapable of rational thought or prioritisation.

Sorry, but this is not a house....but a HOTEL.....

Without peeps checking in....there would be no revenue.

We're kind of important....

We should be being accommodated...but potentially we're not...

Get me?
edit on 10-3-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Being an abrasive fellow myself... and knowing the particular sensitivity of some mods...

It would be nice to know if these messages are "advertisments" or really "important messages".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Because some of our announcements may be critically important -- such as changes to the Terms & Conditions, new site features, or important information from ATS -- we're not going to implement an opt-out feature for messages from ATS that utilize our own site-specific private messaging syst

Can't you implement an opt out option for non critical things?

Term & Conditions and new site feature would be marked as critical, therefore even if the user selects the opt out option they would still get those notifications since they are marked as critical.

edit on 10-3-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgess

So everyone in this thread is doing the silent majority a favor?

sweet

Complaints and such are good to discuss, it may unearth a bigger underlaying problem thats too subtle for 4% to be dissatisfied with and therefore only 0.0016% left to actually say something

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Imagine my abject disappointment, when after days of seeing no alert for new messages in the ribbon....I log in and see new message highlighted.

Thinking its from a friend, I race in to open it...

It's a recap ad.....

Just as I was enjoying the digital 'peace'.........

Oh well.

I had been starting to go to the recaps without the pushing..

Back to hating them I guess

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join