It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Regarding notices from ATS via ATS' private messaging system...

page: 2
20
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am not oppossed to you sending out these messages. What bothers me is that they are labeled as private messages. If everyone on the site gets them, then they are not private at all. When I get a pop up saying I have a private message, I have the expectation that is a personal, one on one communication. The majority are promotions of one kind or another, so in one aspect it is no surprise that members consider them in the same ilk as spam email.

I think it would make sense to have a different message pop up for U2U's than you do for site messages.




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I consider myself as a visitor to the *home* of ATS. I certainly didn't build this home, but I do like to spend time here.

That being said, I've never been the type of guest to tell the home owner, how they should run their home.

The messages to me, are all part of being a visitor. ...I'm more than happy to play by their rules.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Click "messages", see what it is, click "delete". What's that? 3 seconds? I don't see the beef here. Some of these messages I want, some I don't. 3 seconds every other day is not going to keep me awake at night.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow. I would like to offer some cheese with that whine, but ya'll probably complain about the color of the cheese as well.


It must horrid living in such negativity. I can just imagine what a day in your lives are like. Waking up. Complaining about the fact that you have to open your eye lids. Complaining about the fact that you have to get out of bed. Complaining about the fact that you have to go through the effort of getting out of your PJ's and then get dressed for the day’s events. Then complaining about having to eat breakfast. Again. Then complaining about all the people in the street walking next to you - so close to your personal space. Then complain about what an effort it is to keep breathing. Then complain about how much work you have to do. Then complain that you have to eat lunch. Again. Then complain that it isn't time to go home yet. Then complain about the fact that you haven't gotten anything done today. Then complain about all the people going home, walking next to you on the streets. Invading your personal space. Then complain about the fact that there's nothing on TV. Then complain about the whole dinner deal. I mean. 3 meals a day is hard work. Then do some complaining on the Internet. Then complain that there are so few hours in a day. Then complain that you can't fall asleep.

Seriously? If a "private message" from an Internet forum inspires you to write a "Letter of Complaint" then you have no idea what hardship is. Walk a mile in the shoes of an Indian orphan or a rape victim or a cancer sufferer. Then think about the things you really can complain about.

Yeah? Stop the nagging. It's two clicks. Open. Delete. Forget. Do this once, maybe twice a week.

Look what you made me do. I had to write a "Letter of Complaint" about your complaining. Your negativity is rubbing off on me.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaspode
I can just imagine what a day in your lives are like. Waking up. Complaining about the fact that you have to open your eye lids. Complaining about the fact that you have to get out of bed. Complaining about the fact that you have to go through the effort of getting out of your PJ's and then get dressed for the day’s events. Then complaining about having to eat breakfast. Again. Then complaining about all the people in the street walking next to you - so close to your personal space. Then complain about what an effort it is to keep breathing. Then complain about how much work you have to do. Then complain that you have to eat lunch. Again. Then complain that it isn't time to go home yet. Then complain about the fact that you haven't gotten anything done today. Then complain about all the people going home, walking next to you on the streets. Invading your personal space. Then complain about the fact that there's nothing on TV. Then complain about the whole dinner deal. I mean. 3 meals a day is hard work. Then do some complaining on the Internet. Then complain that there are so few hours in a day. Then complain that you can't fall asleep.



It's as though you can see into my soul.


You know, if it was me I'd probably broadcast PM a link to this thread. Fortunately for everyone, it isn't up to me.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i pity the fool who claims that ATS announcments are annoying or intrusive -FFS how do you cope with real life ??????

if ats announcements irk you how do you live with :

spam email ?

fast food flyers ?

cold callers ? [ physical - doorstep ] and phone

etc etc etc



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of members that the ats recap messages are annoying. Anything related to site changes or what not is good with me.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
I agree with a lot of members that the ats recap messages are annoying. Anything related to site changes or what not is good with me.


I don't know for sure...but it seems your with the majority here that could do without them!!

So democracy on ATS...hell no...it's privately owned...you entitled to you opinion...as long as it is within the policies of the T & C s that are so clearly given to us!

So does the majority speak here...or does the site owner and those he puts in charge speak?

I'll be curious to see how this end up!



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I get 20 to 50 junk emails a day. I know how to use the delete button. I could not care less how may U2U messages ATS sends me. It sounds to me like some one just being a little crazy about this. I can not believe that with all that is going on that some people find something like a few U2U messages such a big deal. I find the whole thing funny.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with this. I don't have much going in my life, the messages from ATS make my day.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I get 20 to 50 junk emails a day. I know how to use the delete button. I could not care less how may U2U messages ATS sends me. It sounds to me like some one just being a little crazy about this. I can not believe that with all that is going on that some people find something like a few U2U messages such a big deal. I find the whole thing funny.


Well then...your posts here should be humorous too...I mean really...you have better things to worry about!

I think the idea is that as ATS evolves...they would like input from the members...and how to better inprove the services that it provides (for free) to us!

So are you offended that some members find the constant U2U's about updates troublesome?

I mean ya...I have an off button too...I could shut the computer off...but how is that waking up...ideas are what this site is founded on...so if you have one...shouldn't you be able to share it?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by Fractured.Facade
 


I dont like recieving messages every couple days about these recap shows. Im far from an "attention whore" on this site.


hmm recap shows, attention whore... what are you trying to say?

I have watched some of the vids- recaps and I think they are well put together...but you are suggesting the recap shows or the people in them are an attention whore?

oxymoron



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
sheesh... so many bloody wingers around here nowadays.

petty winging... pathetic!!!

Get a real problem and stop bitching.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
wow...

you guys complain about the silliest things... get mad and angry over nothing.

as SO said... no ones e-mail has been spammed... nothing. the U2U is an inter-site messaging system... and if you don't like it... so what? ignore it... delete it... just complaining about it shows that you're just looking for an excuse to rant or complain.... or seek for attention... or are paranoid... or something.

its just a U2U... get over it big baby.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
sheesh... so many bloody wingers around here nowadays.

petty winging... pathetic!!!

Get a real problem and stop bitching.



Yikes...this is a site where we can report and have an opinion...but your suggesting we get a "real problem".

We have alot of real problems already...and this is where we come to share the real problems...get input, advice, suggsestions, etc...

How is that pathetic?

I don't think anyone is bitching...we are glad to be here...on ATS...a site where we can use each other for the better of us all...hopefully!

Why would you not want to hear the members opinions on how to improve a site we love?



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
wow...

you guys complain about the silliest things... get mad and angry over nothing.

as SO said... no ones e-mail has been spammed... nothing. the U2U is an inter-site messaging system... and if you don't like it... so what? ignore it... delete it... just complaining about it shows that you're just looking for an excuse to rant or complain.... or seek for attention... or are paranoid... or something.

its just a U2U... get over it big baby.


I have not seen any of the people complaining about the spam messages get mad and angry. But the people who defend the constant spam, have resorted to name calling. They tell us we are "bitching", that we are"pathetic", "big babies", "wingers" and so on.

I am a little surprised to see that civility and decorum obviously is not expected of those members, and that their numerous insults are allowed to stay in this thread. Perhaps someone from staff can explain why it is OK to insult other members in a thread that opens up for discussion about about PMs that many members see as spamming.

I would also like to point out that any successfull business -- and the ATS forum IS in fact a business -- listens to what their costumers/users think about their product. They see feedback as a tool to improve their product, and know that if you not only irritate your users, but also prevent them from voicing their opinions, it will hurt their business in the long run. ATS can not force anyone into liking the ATS Recap videos, it is a product which clearly targets a very young audience, and many of ATS' members fall outside of this targeted group.

Please give the membership an option to say "no thanks" to constant spam about a product many of us do not want and see as a waste of time.
edit on 5-1-2012 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll
I have not seen any of the people complaining about the spam messages get mad and angry.

Because such posts are often removed as off topic.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll
I have not seen any of the people complaining about the spam messages get mad and angry.

Because such posts are often removed as off topic.


Then I would like to repeat my question: Why is it OK for some of the members in this thread, spesifically those who defend the spam messages, to resort to name calling and insult those members who do not like the constant spam about the ATS Recap videos?

I thought civility and decorum was expected of EVERY member here, and would like to see the T&C reinforced in a fair way. I do not appreciate being insulted simply because I state my opinion about something.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am just going to throw out a suggestion and I am not sure if it is even a possibility, however to maintain a viable awareness of what the staff is promoting and perhaps making a U2U unnecessary, can the Recent Posts page support "sticky topics"?

Not sure if the majority keep this page on auto refresh as I do, but from what I have observed of other members this is one of the primary places people "hang". Sticky the topics accordingly i.e. ATS Live during the show...ATS Recap all day.

Just thought I would suggest a possible solution as opposed to a complaint



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll
 





I do not appreciate being insulted simply because I state my opinion about something.


You'll get used to it...if you stick around.

Your opinion is just that...your opinion...and not everyone is going to agree with it!

The beauty of ATS!

Everyone has an opinion...and everyone is offended when it is not yours!



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join