It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom kills son cause he won't stop playing computer game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.geek.com...

A Jerusalem woman stabbed her son to death after he refused to stop playing a computer game and make his bed, according to police. The 49-year-old woman told investigators that she got into an argument with her 26-year-old son after he refused to stop playing on the computer. The woman said she "saw black" after he cursed at her. She says in the heat of the moment she went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and stabbed him to death. The woman then, apparently, got drunk. Both the woman and her son were unemployed.

I wonder what game he was playing?

[Edited on 4-14-2003 by AF1]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Probably EverQuest, the a life leach. 12 hour raids with 100+ people. Lame!

Maybe he was playing shadowbane and was building a city. But I bet it was a form of an MMORPG

I think EQ or EverCrack as they call it sucks in the biggest freaks.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What would she have done if he'd found ATS?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I bet he was playng Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. That game is hopeless addictive, I am glad I made it out alive...I was almost completely sucked in.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Twisted: I could watch your avatar all day

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He must have been playing Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes twisted...

I already send you a u2u message about your avatar.
It's way too big. It should be around 75kb. yours is over 500kb...

I like it, but it's too damn big...

Please change your avatar.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Red Alert 2

That's a game that's crazy addictive.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
changed...I will get a new one when I get home

AF1

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'll have to agree with you on that one Illmatic, Red alert 2 will suck you in. The only way I stopped was my friends wouldn't play with me anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think it had to be an online game or a mmorpg. They can require a lot more time and effort than a single player game and you can only play a single player game over and over so many time before it gets so boring. were as an mmorpg is more dynamic.

Who knows.
I remember a korean guy dying from playing games 86 hour straight at a cyber cafe...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
26 and living at home with his mother? He deserved to be stabbed.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hey arent videogames supposed to make the people that play them violent and not those around you?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
oh damn. stupid mom!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"A Jerusalem woman stabbed her son to death after he refused to stop playing a computer game and make his bed, according to police. The 49-year-old woman told investigators that she got into an argument with her 26-year-old son after he refused to stop playing on the computer. The woman said she "saw black" after he cursed at her. She says in the heat of the moment she went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and stabbed him to death. The woman then, apparently, got drunk. Both the woman and her son were unemployed."

I think she should have taught him a long time ago to make his bed. Not to mention respect. I guess taking away his computer games was out of the question.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'll agree... I beta-tested this game, then founded and ran one of the bigger guilds on one of the most populated servers (in fact, we were one of the first guilds on the server). It was the first, and last time I ever did such a thing, after it kind of consumed my life for about 7 months or so (hey, I was single, and had a crappy job on a graveyard shift, hehe...). I've since recovered from EverCrack....

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Red Alert 2

That's a game that's crazy addictive.

illmatic addicted to a computer game
i'm surprised you don't seem like the type oh well, i like to play both red alerts, but i've heard generals is good, i gotta play that

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I wasn't addicted to it at all, No.

When I first played it at a friends house I liked it so I took it home, played it a weekend and I sucked so I just quit playing.

I was saying that that game could be addictive because it's a good game.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
true. but sadly with C&C RA:2 there is little strategy, unlike with games such as gettysburg and fleet command

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
"A Jerusalem woman stabbed her son to death after he refused to stop playing a computer game and make his bed, according to police. The 49-year-old woman told investigators that she got into an argument with her 26-year-old son after he refused to stop playing on the computer. The woman said she "saw black" after he cursed at her. She says in the heat of the moment she went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and stabbed him to death. The woman then, apparently, got drunk. Both the woman and her son were unemployed. "

Umm i havent heard from Stranger lately??? LOL

Ive played all the games metioned and they area ll consuming luckily i had a good summer full of women to drive me away or who knows wher ei would be. Daggint id be doin the same thing i am now but on a game
im a looser.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join