It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young voters will put Ron Paul in the White House

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

If you care, try to get the word out to these folks. Help fight that battle to get the votes of our military personnel counted!
We all have to do our part. Our government is only as good as we are.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Did you not notice that the "young vote" was also the smallest group of voters in the Iowa Caucus??? 1

15% of voters were the "young" voters....so he got nearly half of 15% of the voters.

Sorry...that isn't going to get him anywhere....because that is his biggest bloc of support. Obama had a large percentage of the youth vote in 2004...but he didn't rely on that...that wasn't his main bloc of support.
edit on 6-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

We will see, won't we?
You say he will get nowhere. That is funny.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I said if young voters continue to be his main bloc of support that he will get nowhere.

It helps to push you over the top to have the young voters...but that alone can't win you anything.

Those entrance polls look deceiving...people see that Ron Paul got 48% of an age group and they say "WOW...Paul really is popular". But they don't look at the fact that he got 48% of the smallest group of voters. If you look at Romney or Santorum...their biggest percentage of support is smaller, but it is for the larger voter groups of older people. By comparison, even though they got a smaller percentage of that age group, the overall percentage is larger than Ron Paul's.

For example.

Let's assume that these entrance polls truly do represent the entire state. There were roughly 120,000 voters in the Iowa Caucus.

Ron Paul's largest percentage of support came from the young voters, which is 15% of the voters. He got 48% of those votes. So 15% of 120k is 18,000 voters. He got 48% of those voters, which is 8640 votes.

Let's look by comparison to the largest bloc of voters by age, the 45-64 year olds. Santorum won this age group with 26% of that vote. 26% looks tiny compared to Ron Paul's commanding 48% of young voters...but lets crunch the numbers. This age group makes up 42% of the voters...out of 120k voters, that is 50,400 voters. Santorum won 26% of these which is 13,104 votes. If you do the numbers for Ron Paul in this age group...he got less total support (8,064 votes) than he did from the young voters (8,604 votes).

So even though Ron Paul looks like he had a commanding percentage of one age group...it is the smallest age group and can't compete with the larger age groups. That is why I think this whole thread is misleading and why I think Ron Paul supporters are delusional and lying to themselves about the support they think they have.

This is why Ron Paul will go nowhere...his base is the young voters. You can't compare this to Obama...his base was never the young voters...it was just a very nice boost for him.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well of course I care...I am older than most of these kids...its a fact they don't care. If your vote did not even get counted would you even vote or care ?

www.npr.org...

www.heritage.org...

Again why should they try....I mean it is hard to explain to them who is who when they get their news from xbox...as in whats the latest game coming out....try to get them to watch an actual news program is just about an impossiable task...as they get older they begin to pay more attention as we all do but by that time they are so desenfranchised they still do not vote because they know it will not even be counted in a lot of cases....

I think the military vote should be the first to be counted...not because we are more important but simply because of what these young people do on a daily basis....Again I do not want the thread going in another direction but no matter what our feelings are in regards to the current armed conflicts...these young men and women deserve more than a vote not even being counted.

I think many would be surprised and maybe even more proud of service members about how they feel in regards to these conflicts...they are not stupid many just not informed enough...but they put asiide their own beliefs and carry out in extreme duress missions everyday that help a lot of people in Afghanistan....Iraq...yes innocent people die...that is an aspect of war no one is ever comfortable with...and yes some are wrong and do bad things but the majority are there to help people in a situation that they are unable to help themselves out of and maybe make it a better place...we shall see.

But the facts are until we can ensure that all votes are counted regardless of who they are cast in favor of then I can't blame them...but yes I do care and will continue to attempt to help educate them as to voting rights and yes responsibilities.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

Thanks for being the exception.
Someone once wrote, "it doesn't take a majority to prevail, just a dedicated and persistent minority", or something along those lines. I agree. That is what is aligned against we the people. We must counter that, and we ARE.
Don't give up.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Did you not notice that the "young vote" was also the smallest group of voters in the Iowa Caucus??? 1

15% of voters were the "young" voters....so he got nearly half of 15% of the voters.

Sorry...that isn't going to get him anywhere....because that is his biggest bloc of support. Obama had a large percentage of the youth vote in 2004...but he didn't rely on that...that wasn't his main bloc of support.

I see you on many threads sticking the knife into RP, but I dont see many thoughtful posts from you on why you are so against him.

So tell us, why would you NOT be a Ron Paul supporter?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

It's very simple...I disagree with all of his domestic policies. I like his foreign policy, but not enough to ignore the crazy and extreme things he wants to do back at home.

Now...do you care to dispute the numbers I put up that shows why having the young vote is not enough for him to go anywhere in this race???

Anyone???

Seems like people tend to flee when numbers and facts are put into their face.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by UKTruth

It's very simple...I disagree with all of his domestic policies. I like his foreign policy, but not enough to ignore the crazy and extreme things he wants to do back at home.

Now...do you care to dispute the numbers I put up that shows why having the young vote is not enough for him to go anywhere in this race???

Anyone???

Seems like people tend to flee when numbers and facts are put into their face.

I am not disputing that the young vote alone will not win Ron Paul the election. I think the OP is incorrect.

You have been pretty vague on your reasons for not liking Ron Paul's policies. Which of his domestic policies do you not like, and why do you think the alternatives are better?
edit on 7/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

The OP is incorrect?
No, the OP is prescient. The OP is revolutionary. The OP is geared to success, prepped and ready.
All of this talk of "domestic policy" is a bunch of #. The Prez. is not a king, in our system he is a SERVANT of the people.
We haven't flexed our muscles yet.
Domestic policy is stay the f__k out of my business, and we need to get back to business.
Ron Paul could use some sidearms.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by UKTruth

The OP is incorrect?
No, the OP is prescient. The OP is revolutionary. The OP is geared to success, prepped and ready.
All of this talk of "domestic policy" is a bunch of #. The Prez. is not a king, in our system he is a SERVANT of the people.
We haven't flexed our muscles yet.
Domestic policy is stay the f__k out of my business, and we need to get back to business.
Ron Paul could use some sidearms.

The OP is incorrect because young voters will not win the election for RP on their own.

I am hoping and praying that RP wins this election, but what I am really interested in right now are the reasons people in America would NOT vote for him. Outkast has been very vague on this, and I wonder whether he has any real views or whether he is just trolling. I am not sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

If Ron Paul gets the black vote, the military, and the young vote?

I am not sure how he can appeal to the women, the Republican women seem to go for looks or wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join