It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young voters will put Ron Paul in the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You are missing the point of Ron Paul's policies on welfare and medicare.

His policy is for less goverment intervention in 'looking after' individuals and markets because that intervention brings cost and inflates prices. Fortunes are spent on goverment programmes, money that has to either be printed or come from the people.

The same people getting welfare handouts are also paying more for a loaf of bread because of inflation.

Leave it to the free markets - use the savings on your weekly shopping bill from a strong dollar and low inflation to insure yourself privately for medicare. Look forward to being able to get a job as the free market goes to work.
edit on 5/1/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just looking further into the OP's link on voter demographics it seems to me like Santorum is taking votes away from Paul and vice versa. If one of them drops out of the race, I think they majority of votes will switch to the other - not Romney

Look at the Tea Party votes, and votes hinging on social issues.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Don't look for Ron Paul to drop out. He is surging in New Hampshire.
Ron Paul surging in New Hampshire

That is an article from Marketwatch.
Bye Bye Santorum.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I think this is entirely plausible as the young voters certainly made a big impact during the Obama elections....I personnally do not see much Ron Paul support via bumpter stickers etc..in my neck of the woods..

I have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on my truck and so does my wife. We get honks and thumbs up all the time. Ive even had a few redlight conversations with people who wanted to know more about him and where to get reliable information, other than the news channels.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It gives me a lot of hope that the world will change. The younger voter is rejecting the typical establishment programming that has plagued our parents and trapped them into indoctrinating belief systems.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, me too.
I am truly inspired by this. I really think his stance of pulling troops out of foreign wars is a big reason. A lot of his young followers really know the issues, and that is refreshing.
Like the YAL people, Look at their organization!
Young Americans for Liberty

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul will not even be nominated. He's wasting our time.He does not vote in Congress when he's running for President. That's a total waste. He's not working for the people in his district. Why would any body want this man to be President.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be our next president as soon as we figure out how to shut down the biased main stream media!

Until then though...I think Paul is doomed by TPTB!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

What, you trolling? Didn't you post this nonsense in another thread?
Do you even know what district Paul is in? Do you know how his campaign is funded? Do you know what percentage of the voters in his district vote for him? Did you know Gingrich put a candidate that was heavily funded against Paul and had his ass handed to him?
Tell me about Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Listen up chowder heads...even if Paul wins the popular vote the electoral college is not going to let it happen...Thats politics...That's American democracy. We don't have a democracy. The popular opinion of the people is secondary and money is first.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

No, he is not doomed. Momentum is growing.
Ron Paul surging in New Hampshire

And, check out the Young Americans for Liberty site. 800 chapters in 6 months.
YAL

Get on the peace train people.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

In December, the electors of each state meet to vote for President and Vice President. The Presidential election is decided by the combined results of the 51 (the 50 states and the District of Columbia) state elections. It is possible that an elector could ignore the results of the popular vote, but that occurs very rarely. Your vote helps decide which candidate receives your state's electoral votes.

Note that the 12th Amendment, the expansion of voting rights, and the use of the popular vote in the States as the vehicle for selecting electors has substantially changed the process.

U.S. Electoral College FAQs

I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Enough already!
This country can't take it anymore.
Young voters put Obama in the White House four years ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Enough already!
This country can't take it anymore.
Young voters put Obama in the White House four years ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Anyone with a brain would support Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

I'm with you. I'm in my 50's and l plan on voting for Paul. I will enjoy watching him clean-up house and the establishment running scared.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Vote by Income: Over 100k ---

Paul: %14
Romney: %36

Figures =]

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Not so sure about that...in the military here, and most of these guys and gals don't have a clue who RP or even Romney is...the military votes sometimes but remember most of us are in a different state and must vote by absentee ballot...absentee ballots are counted last and if the count is not close they are not counted at all...another reason why a lot of these guys do not vote at all...kind of a shame actually considering what we do for a living....for the country right or wrong...don't wanna start that argument here.

In Afghanistan or in Iraq if the ballots get mailed at all its usually not with enough time for them to get back to the state they are suppose to be counted in so they call them illegal votes and don't count them at all...even when its their fault for not mailing the ballots out soon enough...it was a big issue in the last election and will be in the next one....the military vote does not count I am afraid...too many disenfranchised...too many just say it does not matter...and too many just follow the leader...be it republican or democrat....cannot count on the military I am afraid to get a vote out for RP...even if 100% voted RP maybe 35% would actually be counted.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Screwed

They can more easily see thru the B.S. and the propaganda.

You really believe that?

Yes I really believe that.
Seems obvoius that I really beleive that since, well......I posted it.
I am not in the habit of posting the opposite of what I believe
So, that seems like a rather silly question.

I have to warn you, I am good at spotting and avoiding trolls.
I do not and WILL NOT get into a debate with someone who has a closed mind.
If you DO NOT see what the rest of us are seeing then you then must answer this question.

Do you want to see it?

If your answer is yes then tell me how I can help.
If your answer in no then........goodbye.
I will not explain myself of my beleifs or my position to someone with a closed mind.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

AMEN brotha! it drives me crazy when close minded people try to smudge out somebody else's view, and then when they get the chance to hear it, they dont want to listen to a word. I see what you are seeing, ron paul will be in office 2012.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The young vote is often over looked by campaign managers. They target the crowds that vote and young people, historically, have a terrible voting record so they are really campaign towards. That means the young vote is an untapped resource to any politician but few politicians can really grab the attention of the young crowd. Clinton was able to help attract the young vote when he played his saxophone on MTV and Obama clearly had the young vote in 2008 and is expecting it again for 2012. Big problems for Obama though, his young voters may have jumped shipped and are all aboard the USS Paul.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join